Hawaii-not a US state?

Last night, George had on Coasttocoast,  Dr >Sai , he says that Hawaii is not a state of the US because back in  the 1890's the military took it over and the Congress past a law saying is was a state  and the people never got a vote. George then said are u saying it that Obama is not a n American and Sai said he is an American because of his mother but NOT an American because Hawaii is not a legal state of the US, it was just taken over by the US.  George said what I thought..wow! By listening to the callers from Hawaii,  there's a good chance they may not want to be part of the US and legally Hawaii has treaties with England, France and Switzerland did accept to be part of England , so Dr. Sai is having  meeting with International Law to  straight this out Thoughts?                                                                          https://www2.hawaii.edu/~anu/ 

Old topic in the U.S.

Hawaii is a state whether it wants to be or not.  There was strong opposition against Japanese residents and natives in Hawaii at the time (pre/post WW2).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Admission_Act

https://www.hawaii-nation.org/statehood.html

This is another reason why I laugh when Canadians threaten to have a province "join the U.S."....it ain't that easy.

This guy did mention that and he said he's been working on this to get ALL the facts and the facts say the US  took control over the  island against the people's wishes. As I said, he saying he done his homework in England and with the International law, now is this going to go any where... time will only tell. He also said the Caribbean Island that is part of the US had a treaty with the US Hawaii did not, and he may have a good point and only time will tell. I, personal don't care either way, but if this is true then International law should straighten this out and let the people have their say, isn't that fair?

1 minute ago, Topaz said:

I, personal don't care either way, but if this is true then International law should straighten this out and let the people have their say, isn't that fair?

I don't think international law will have any standing after more than 50 years and it has nothing to do with fairness.   The U.S. will never relinquish Hawaii as a state or territory because of its strategic location for air travel and military bases. 

Put another way, natives of Hawaii faced the same cultural/political/economic domination as natives on the mainland, and we all know how that ended.

4 hours ago, Topaz said:

George then said are u saying it that Obama is not a n American and Sai said he is an American because of his mother but NOT an American because Hawaii is not a legal state of the US

I knew where this was heading as soon as I read the title.

Obama was eligible to be President for the same reason as Calgary-born Ted Cruz was eligible to run for the office.

Also, it's too late to evict Obama. He's finished his two terms as President. Birthers will need to get over it... it's too late to change the past.

-k

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, kimmy said:

I knew where this was heading as soon as I read the title.

Obama was eligible to be President for the same reason as Calgary-born Ted Cruz was eligible to run for the office.

Also, it's too late to evict Obama. He's finished his two terms as President. Birthers will need to get over it... it's too late to change the past.

-k

To me, this is more about Hawaii being part of the US, more than Obama. I was just surprised when the guy started talking about this and it could happen if the Natives decide they want their island back, anything is possible  now days, governments change the past all the time with new laws

They brag about their nutty guests on their website.  It's their shtick.  They don't even take themselves seriously...

Alternative History & Conspiracies

You might be wise to not believe much that comes from that particular American radio program that is broadcast by hundreds of stations and streamed by many stations in Canada and other nations.

• 6 months later...

Hawaii was never a state of the US. Of course it has been deemed as such by the war criminals that took over Hawaii, even though the US had illegally overthrown the legitimate government of Hawaii in 1989.

KANAKA MAOLI (HAWAIIAN PEOPLE) SUBJECTED TO GENOCIDE AT THE HANDS OF U. S. AND STATE

by

Ka Ho'okolokolonui Kanaka Maoli Judges

Having heard extensive and compelling testimony on the islands ofO'ahu, Matai, Moloka'i, Kaua'i and Hawai'i from August 13-19,1993, receiving voluminous documentary evidence in support andcorroboration of the testimony, and having engaged in a number ofsite inspections during the same period, the Ka Ho'okolokolonuiKanaka Maoli (People's International Tribunal, Hawai'i 1993) hasarrived at certain general recognitions and findings from whichit is prepared to advance preliminary recommendations. It shouldbe noted that a full report detailing and amplifying theseresults will be issued by the Tribunal within a period of sixmonths.

The Tribunal finds that:

1. Between the years 179O and 1826, the United States violated nakanawai (Kanaka Maoli law) through a series of actions impugningthe sovereignty of the Lahui Kanaka Maoli (Hawaiian people andnation). These actions also violated elements of customaryinternational law, as well as the fundamental commitment of theUnited States, expressed in its own Declaration of Independence,to respect the inalienable rights of all people to life, libertyand the pursuit of happiness.

2. During the period of 1826 and 1893, the United Statesaccelerated its interventions in the internal affairs of LahuiKanaka Maoli, abridging and impairing its sovereign functioningand right to self-determination. In addition to violations of naKanawai and customary law, these actions violated the terms of atleast three ratified and binding treaties...

3. In 1893, the U.S. openly supported, both diplomatically andthrough deployment of military force, a coup d'etat conducted byalien immigrants against the legitimate govermnent of LahuiKanaka Maoli. Thereafter, for a period of five years, the U.S.openly supported the usurping regime by use of armed forceagainst the indigenous population of Hawaii. In 1898, the U S.annexed Ka Pae'aina o Hawai'i (the Hawaiian archipelago), neitherobtaining the consent of, nor even consulting the Kanaka Maoli. Self-evidently, these actions violated na kanawai in the mostmassive and fundamental ways....

4. Following annexation, the United States forcibly subordinated,degraded and systematically dispossessed the Kanaka Maoli. In1959, utilizing the mechanism of an invalid plebiscite whichdenied indigenous Hawaiians the right to express their will withregard to their political status or the disposition of theirterritory, the U. S incorporated Hawai'i into the Union as astate. ... this action contravened Article 73 of the UnitedNations Charter ... Under provision of Article 20 of the Charterof the Organization of American States. ...

5. Lahui Kanaka Maoli Sovereignty has not been extingushed by theillegal actions of the United States. The overthrow of 1893 andpurported annexation ... merely changed the nature of theoperative state, but did not remove the inherent right of thepeople to sovereignty.

6. The effective ability of indigenous Hawaiians to assert theirlegitimate right to self-determination has been denied. TheKanaka Maoli are morally and legally entitled to reassert thisright under provision of U.N. General Assembly Resolution 1514.

7. The Kanaka Maoli have been subjected to ongoing processes ofgenocide, both physical and cultural, at the hands of the U.S.government and the government of the State of Hawaii, acting inconcert with a range of commercial interests, since at least asearly as 1850. The conduct of the ... governments violates naKanawai, as well as the 1948 Convention for Prevention andPunishment of the Crime of Genocide ...

8. The Kanaka Maoli have exhausted all existing peaceful avenuesfor rectifying the multiplicity of wrongs done to them.Consequently, they are entitled, on an urgent basis, to explorepotentially more productive approaches, such as mediatednegotiations with the U.S. Department of Stat

https://www.hawaii-nation.org/turningthetide-6-2.html

For me, Hawaii is most definitely a conquered military forward operating base.  That welfare citizens need to be paid $60,590 US only cements the idea that they are being paid off to maintain their loyalty.

Puerto Rico will have to pay back their $120 Billion debt, probably with the only industry left - coconuts.  Guam is only 7.1% white, and its only that high because they all showed up in the last few decades - almost all of which are employed by the naval and forward operating airbase there.  The actual natives in Guam are ass poor, and arguably worse off that North Korean citizens because they have no say in whether or not they get nuked because they got taken over by the USA but without said $60,590 per year welfare benefits per citizen.

Guam only wants to be in the US if they can get Hawaiian type benefits (in otherwords, they are willing to be paid to become citizens)  Thing is:  Its really really really starting to piss off white middle America making $140 per ton wheat to pay for these "extended citizens" of which they most definitely will not allow Puerto Rico to default on their debts (no free ride)

It is understandable, I wouldn't want to grow and ship 450 tons of wheat every year just to support one Guam citizens welfare benefits.

Edited by ZenOps

If you want the conspiracy theory, the US pushed as many lepers onto Hawaii as they could to try and reduce the population before giving them statehood.  Sort of like how they gave smallpox filled blankets to natives on the continental US in areas that they were eventually looking to conquer.

Edited by ZenOps

Again, did they vote for statehood simply for the welfare benefits?  Hawaii may be the first state to get guaranteed basic income as well.  Because other than pineapples, island nations have difficulty paying land taxes with basket weaving populaces, and realistically - keeping people busy by dancing and basket weaving - you might as well just give them money to breathe.

US is definitely in Hawaii favour simply because North Korea would never give it welfare benefits or something even remotely like guaranteed basic income.  North Korea would probably enslave Hawaii given the chance, but what the US is doing right now (taking from the continental US to give to Hawaii) is pretty much pure communism.

All the meanwhile, Puerto Rico is being enslaved by US debt.  Debt that must be paid back, probably with coconuts.  Is the US going to give a Billion dollars in hurricane relief to Puerto Rico?  Not a chance, they wont even budge on the $120 Billion they already owe.

It all seems bizarre to me, because if you look at the history of the US and what made it "great" and you include slavery in there - North Korea is simply mimicking the same path to success.

I mean, paying for Hawaiian welfare bums with central US farmers labour and having the farmers believe that they are supporting military expansion is perhaps a masterstroke of manipulation.  In which case I would say - well played native islanders, might as well try for $100,000 per citizen guaranteed basic income (after Trump leaves)

Edited by ZenOps