Why Is Trudeau Taking The Credit?

betsy

He was trying to defend his "mispoke" about the fossil fuel in Calgary, and then he proceeded to take the credit for the pipeline.  he said that even Harper knew that we had to eventually move from fossil fuel, that's why he (Trudeau) approved the pipeline, something that Harper was not able to do!

The only reason why Harper was not able to get the pipeline approved was due to Trudeau's love-bro, Obama!  Had Trump been President during Harper's time, there's no question - Harper would've gotten that pipeline!

Had Hillary won, Trudeau wouldn't do squat about the pipeline.  That's the truth of it.   With Trump as President - and with the direction Trump is going - he's been forced  to approve the pipeline - Trudeau saw the writings on the wall!    Hopefully, Trudeau will be pressured too, to say bye-bye to carbon tax!

Be honest, Justin.  Stop fibbing.  Don't take the credit that's not really yours.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Be honest, Justin.  Stop fibbing.  Don't take the credit that's not really yours.

Let's see, Harper took credit for Canada being able to weather the 2008 recession. Not only did he deserve zero credit, in fact if his ideas would have been implemented we would be in far worse shape. In that case it is crystal clear he deserved none.

I don't know what you are specifically referencing above. I have heard Trudeau welcome the approval of Keystone XL from Trump, that is hardly taking credit for it. He did however approve the other pipelines recently so that is credit he does deserve. Both he and Harper have had the same stance on Keystone XL, so the last hurdle was none of their doing.

43 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Let's see, Harper took credit for Canada being able to weather the 2008 recession. Not only did he deserve zero credit, in fact if his ideas would have been implemented we would be in far worse shape. In that case it is crystal clear he deserved none.

I don't know what you are specifically referencing above. I have heard Trudeau welcome the approval of Keystone XL from Trump, that is hardly taking credit for it. He did however approve the other pipelines recently so that is credit he does deserve. Both he and Harper have had the same stance on Keystone XL, so the last hurdle was none of their doing.

World leaders would disagree with you. It is alright to hate harper but enough of the BS. If trudeau was in charge during that time or the 3 amigoes, we would be in a hole to deep to get out of.

4 hours ago, Smallc said:

Trudeau could have blocked the pipeline himself.  He didn't, as he's always supported it.  He didn't make it happen, but he certainly didn't impede it.

He supported it because he knew Obama would likely cancel it, so it would enable him to appear more moderate on pipelines without having to get a pipeline approved.

1 minute ago, -1=e^ipi said:

He supported it because he knew Obama would likely cancel it, so it would enable him to appear more moderate on pipelines without having to get a pipeline approved.

So, why does he support it today?

19 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

In other words I hate Trudeau, I have no logical reason to but I just do, so I will make up anything to support my argument.

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

In other words I hate Trudeau, I have no logical reason to but I just do, so I will make up anything to support my argument.

It just seems to best explain Trudeau's decisions regarding pipelines. He supported Keystone XL but never really gave a good reason why support it over say Northern Gateway or Energy East. He has also never been strong at advocating Keystone XL, especially with discussions with Obama. Sorry if I'm a bit cynical.

If it makes you feel better, I'm also quite cynical of O'Leary's recent opposition to CO2 emission taxation, where as he supported it in the past.

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Northern Gateway was a no brainier to say no to.  The Liberals have not made a decision on EE.

Why? Cause of a marketing ploy by some people in San Francisco to call it the 'Great Bear Rainforest'?

Why is it okay to send tankers through the Great Orca Rainforest near Vancover but not through the Great Bear Rainforest of Kitimat?

One problem with sending more tankers through Vancover is congestion. The city is already pretty congested with tanker traffic, allowing Keystone XL would make Vancouver less congested.

10 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

It just seems to best explain Trudeau's decisions regarding pipelines. He supported Keystone XL but never really gave a good reason why support it over say Northern Gateway or Energy East.

There are very clear reasons why not to support Northern Gateway, some to do with the pipeline but most to do with the terminal.

Energy East is something the industry should have focused on a long time ago, they are the ones late to the party. I expect the industry will not push it so much now that there are 1.8 million barrels/day of new pipeline from Alberta approved.

5 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Why? Cause of a marketing ploy by some people in San Francisco to call it the 'Great Bear Rainforest'?

No - the problem for me was the remoteness of the tanker port.  Help was a long way away in the event of a spill.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

No - the problem for me was the remoteness of the tanker port.

There was a time when Vancouver was a remote port of the British Empire, Winnipeg was a remote trading hub in the centre of Canada and Ottawa was a remote lumber city. I guess with this kind of attitude, Canada would have never been developed.

22 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

There was a time when Vancouver was a remote port of the British Empire, Winnipeg was a remote trading hub in the centre of Canada and Ottawa was a remote lumber city. I guess with this kind of attitude, Canada would have never been developed.

That's...interesting

8 hours ago, betsy said:

He was trying to defend his "mispoke" about the fossil fuel in Calgary, and then he proceeded to take the credit for the pipeline.  he said that even Harper knew that we had to eventually move from fossil fuel, that's why he (Trudeau) approved the pipeline, something that Harper was not able to do!

The only reason why Harper was not able to get the pipeline approved was due to Trudeau's love-bro, Obama!  Had Trump been President during Harper's time, there's no question - Harper would've gotten that pipeline!

Had Hillary won, Trudeau wouldn't do squat about the pipeline.  That's the truth of it.   With Trump as President - and with the direction Trump is going - he's been forced  to approve the pipeline - Trudeau saw the writings on the wall!    Hopefully, Trudeau will be pressured too, to say bye-bye to carbon tax!

What did Obama have to do with, Kinder Morgan, Northern Gateway or Energy East? The only pipeline project Obama screwed up for Canada was Keystone.

Edited by Newfoundlander

2 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

I belive there is a huge difference between a spill of a couple of hundred logs vs. 2 million barrels of oil. 

20 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I belive there is a huge difference between a spill of a couple of hundred logs vs. 2 million barrels of oil. 

I'll say. When the Nestucca spilled heavy bunker fuel and it landed on nearby beaches nobody but a few volunteers did a thing for nearly 10 days. By the time the authorities snapped out of it a storm reduced hundreds of 15 fit pancakes of oil laying here and there to millions on dime sized pieces scattered everywhere.

As for log spills...I love em. I've pulled hundreds of logs off local beaches.  It's about as much fun as filling a boat full of fish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newfoundlander said:

What did Obama have to do with, Kinder Morgan, Northern Gateway or Energy East? The only pipeline project Obama screwed up for Canada was Keystone.

Agreed...Canada has been royally screwing up pipeline projects on its own without any help from U.S. presidents.