Women to march against Trump.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Women had their choice. 

Life is an endless series of choices.  Every action has its consequence.  If only women can try to hold on to that thought - there wouldn't be many abortions, and repeat-abortions!

The unborn was never given any choice.

Right, so women are punished for having sex but it's ok to destroy an IVF embryo.

Just now, WestCoastRunner said:

The demand for abortions will never go away and when women have to resort to back alley abortions, many  will die.  If a woman is allowed an abortion only if her life is at risk, it makes complete sense to offer a safe abortion by request.  Do you not think a woman's life should be saved before an embryo?

The follow stats from the WHO:

• 21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
  • 47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.
  • Deaths due to unsafe abortion remain close to 13% of all maternal deaths.

So is theft.  And murder.  They'll never go away.

As long as it's not legal.....that's up to them if they want to go on ahead.  

13 minutes ago, betsy said:

Not in Trump's world!

Two people conspiring to snuff a human being.  What's this?  Something like Bernardo-Homolka team?  It's just plain evil!

The Christian Conservatives conspiring to snuff even more lives, as abortion increases because funding cuts mean less access to contraceptives.  It also means more women will die from abortions that are not performed by professionals in a clean environment.  

"Because it is almost impossible to discuss reproductive health without mentioning abortion, and often violates local law to refuse to tell a woman that abortion is legal, NGOs worldwide get stripped of their funding.

Many point out the move by Trump will appease right-wing groups in the U.S. but will actually lead to an increase in abortions worldwide.

That's because as NGOS lose funding, they scale back their efforts to educate men and women in foreign countries about reproductive health and can no longer provide contraceptives"

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/trump-ends-funding-for-ngos-that-discuss-abortion-1.3254058

Too many religious people are just fine with the unnecessary killing of people for their  "Godly" reasons.

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The Christian Conservatives conspiring to snuff even more lives, as abortion increases because funding cuts mean less access to contraceptives.  It also means more women will die from abortions that are not performed by professionals in a clean environment.  

"Because it is almost impossible to discuss reproductive health without mentioning abortion, and often violates local law to refuse to tell a woman that abortion is legal, NGOs worldwide get stripped of their funding.

Many point out the move by Trump will appease right-wing groups in the U.S. but will actually lead to an increase in abortions worldwide.

That's because as NGOS lose funding, they scale back their efforts to educate men and women in foreign countries about reproductive health and can no longer provide contraceptives"

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/trump-ends-funding-for-ngos-that-discuss-abortion-1.3254058

Too many religious people are just fine with the unnecessary killing of people for their  "Godly" reasons.

Choices. 

Free will.

Actions have consequences.

Take responsibility.

On the other hand, the unborn - the most vulnerable of all -  is not given any choice at all. 

The unborn has the right to be protected.  The right of the unborn trumps whatever ENTITLEMENT women imagine they have.

Edited by betsy

33 minutes ago, betsy said:

Not in Trump's world!

Two people conspiring to snuff a human being.  What's this?  Something like Bernardo-Homolka team?  It's just plain evil!

Trump doesn't even know what he thinks about it.  He stumbled and bumbled around the question during the debate.

Hillary at least has a clear understanding of ALL the ramifications.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/10/19/hillary_clinton_s_debate_answer_on_abortion_is_why_we_need_more_women_in.html

And as one would expect from a candidate who’s spent her career speaking about women's health, Clinton delivered an impassioned defense of the right to reproductive autonomy. “I will defend Planned Parenthood. I will defend Roe v. Wade, and I will defend women's rights to make their own health care decisions,” she said.

When moderator Chris Wallace pressed her on “how far” she’d take abortion rights when it comes to late-term procedures, Clinton explained why she voted against a ban on late-term abortions. “I have met with women who have, toward the end of their pregnancy, get worst news one can get,” she said. “That their health is in jeopardy if they continue to carry to term. Or that something terrible has happened or just been discovered about the pregnancy. I do not think the United States government should be stepping in and making those most personal of decisions.”

In other words, if a woman finds out at 32 weeks’ gestation that her fetus has a fatal defect and won’t be able to survive once it’s born, she shouldn’t be forced to endure the trauma of carrying that fetus to term.

Trump, meanwhile, seemed to confuse partial-birth abortions with Cesarean sections. “You can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby. Now, you can say that that is OK, and Hillary can say that that is OK, but it’s not OK with me,” he said. This is not how any abortion procedure works. Trump’s frightening explanation highlights why it makes more sense for women to make medical decisions with their doctors, rather than bloviating sadists who aren’t sure how babies exit the human body.

Unlike Trump, Clinton has seen the brutality that comes along with hyper-restrictive abortion policies or coercive reproductive laws. “You should meet with the women I’ve met with; women I’ve known over the course of my life. …I’ve been to countries where governments either forced women to have abortions, like they used to do in China, or forced women to bear children like they used to do in Romania,” she said, audibly angry. “And I can tell you the government has no business in the decisions that women make with their families in accordance with their faith, with medical advice. And I will stand up for that right.”

My mother (in the '60's) found out 2 weeks before her due date that the baby was nearly dead and would not survive.  She was forced to carry a dead baby around until she went into labor and then had to physically birth a dead child.  

Do you even understand how devastating that is?

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Trump doesn't even know what he thinks about it.  He stumbled and bumbled around the question during the debate.

Hillary at least has a clear understanding of ALL the ramifications.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/10/19/hillary_clinton_s_debate_answer_on_abortion_is_why_we_need_more_women_in.html

:rolleyes:

Hillary understands squat!  She doesn't even care about sexual assault victims!   All she understands are votes -  by pandering to feminism!

This is all Hillary understands about:  Feminism =  V O T E S.

Trump is bang-on.  He sees the brutality of murder on the most vulnerable of all humans.

It's evil  This senseless holocaust must stop.

Ramifications my foot.  You don't murder! 

Edited by betsy

36 minutes ago, betsy said:

So is theft.  And murder.  They'll never go away.

As long as it's not legal.....that's up to them if they want to go on ahead.  

You are missing the point.  Even when it's illegal, abortions are still  in high demand.

36 minutes ago, betsy said:

You're having problems again understanding what is said?  Maybe you need a break.....

Why do you resort to pettiness?

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Your response came so fast, you clearly did not even read her comments that I cited for you.  And you certainly did zero reflection on it.

There's nothing to reflect!  All you have to do is look at the man standing beside her - and see what she's done to protect him!

Where were the women marching at the time of Bill Clinton? 

Did you see any pussy hatted women?  Not even one! 

When you start justifying the oppression of a group, just to gain approval or votes.....you shouldn't be given any power! Period. She has no business being a nation's leader. 

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Re-read the thread.

No. 

Answer the question.  Who did he oppress?

Boy.....the term "oppression" would've been really twisted around and taken out of context - and shamelessly  TRIVIALIZED - if you even suggest that he oppress women! :lol:

Edited by betsy

30 minutes ago, betsy said:

Actions have consequences.

Take responsibility.

Something the Christian right could consider as they push policies for the greater harm.  

The lack of logic is stunning.   "We must save helpless babies so let's push a solution that will result in even more abortions!  But too bad for those helpless babies; they must be sacrificed to our godliness, and we will just say its mom's fault."

Edited by dialamah

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

The lack of logic is stunning.   We must save helpless babies so let's push a solution that will result in even more abortions! 

Uh....I know we can't eliminate abortion. 

But, can you explain the logic how making abortion illegal will result in even more abortions?

Betsy, I have never been in the position of having to make a choice regarding abortion.  But I get the impression that you think there are vast line-ups of irresponsible women who are using abortion as a birth-control method.  While that may be the case for some, (and I'm sure their doctors would discuss with them the ramifications of repeated abortions on their reproductive systems and recommend a form of birth-control.) I don't think you have considered the true results of what Trump has done.

Abortion is not a choice for ME, personally.  However, if I were in the posiiton described by Hillary (that you so gleefully ignored - TWICE) I would want that choice to be made by ME and my DOCTOR.  Not the government.

And I agree that all women should have that choice.

Edited by Goddess

these women looked like they all came out an assembly line!

They remind me of the days when that's only what women were good for when they got employment - working in assembly lines!

Not only are they back to wearing pink - but they resort back to assembly-line mentality!  Whoever came up with this degrading idea of wearing pink jay-jay hast.....ought to be pinched by every woman.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

However, if I were in the posiiton described by Hillary (that you so gleefully ignored - TWICE) I would want that choice to be made by ME and my DOCTOR.  Not the government.

And I agree that all women should have that choice.

Not when it involves the oppression of another human being.

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

Uh....I know we can't eliminate abortion. 

But, can you explain the logic how making abortion illegal will result in even more abortions?

Do you understand the impact to clinics around the world, especially in third world countries when this 'Global Gag Rule' is reinstated?  Go back and read the links or view the video that has been posted in this thread.  We can see that you don't view these sources provided to you so really, there is nothing more to explain to you.  If you were to understand the GGR, then you would understand how unsafe abortions will increase, among other  devastating things.

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

these women looked like they all came out an assembly line!

They remind me of the days when that's only what women were good for when they got employment - working in assembly lines!

Not only are they back to wearing pink - but they resort back to assembly-line mentality!  Whoever came up with this degrading idea of wearing pink jay-jay hast.....ought to be pinched by every woman.  :lol:

What the heck are you talking about?