Women to march against Trump.

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Women can go to many places for their birth control and medical care, how about a clinic - they don't need to go to Planned Parenthood.

Watch the video and you will get a better grasp on the issues surrounding this.

4 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Oh yes, Huffington post sure got into you head with the whole "men" thing.

Seriously!  LOL

http://time.com/4644042/mexico-city-policy-abortion-womens-health/

The rule has gone back and forth between Administrations since it was first introduced in 1984 at the U.N. International Conference on Population held in Mexico City. In 2009, former President Barack Obama revoked the ruling as one of his first executive actions. It had been reinstated by former President George W. Bush after Bill Clinton's Administration and was first introduced by former President Ronald Reagan.

A 2015 report from the reproductive health group Population Action International (PAI) showed that after the rule was reinstated in 2001 by former President George W. Bush, shipments of U.S.-donated contraceptives stopped in 16 developing countries. A 2011 report from the World Health Organization found that abortion rates actually increased in sub-Saharan Africa after the rule was reinstated in 2001, likely owing to the fact that women no longer had the same access to contraceptives.

Marie Stopes International, a nonprofit reproductive-health group, said on Monday that it will not agree to the conditions, and therefore will no longer receive USAID funding. Until Monday, the group said it partnered with USAID to provide voluntary contraceptive services to millions of women and girls across Africa and Asia. Without the funding, the group says the loss of its services during Trump's first term could result in 6.5 million unintended pregnancies, 2.2 million abortions, 2.1 million unsafe abortions and 21,700 maternal deaths.

“Attempts to stop abortion through restrictive laws — or by withholding family planning aid — will never work, because they do not eliminate women’s need for abortion," Marjorie Newman-Williams, vice president and director of Marie Stopes International’s international operations, said in a statement. "This policy only exacerbates the already significant challenge of ensuring that people in the developing world who want to time and space their children can obtain the contraception they need to do so."

It's a political football that's gone back and forth a few times and has been proven to be a failure both times it was invoked.

Trump actually expanded on it and made it worse.

Marie Stopes International, a group that provides contraceptive and abortion services, says it gave 2,843 general and gynecological checkups and performed 586 contraceptive implant insertions in the wake of the 2015 earthquake in Nepal. Those procedures, it says, would not have been possible without US federal aid.

Ipas, an international abortion rights and women’s health NGO, estimates that women in more than 40 countries receive services made possible through US-funded family planning and reproductive health programs.

Other restrictions on US federal funds for organizations that provide abortion, Ipas says, have “led to fragmentation of basic health services.”

On 1/23/2017 at 4:39 PM, Icebound said:

That is the whole point.   Women don't.  

But they also don't want a bunch of old, white men telling them what they can and cannot do.

Basically, it is as simple as that.

It is too bad that medical records are so meticulously protected.   It is not beyond the realm of possibility that,  of all those white men in the Oval Office, that some one in there had a family member that has had an abortion.

What is with this "old white men"  and "white men in the oval office" stuff? Sounds racist to me. Well, are you?  

What? Old white men can't be politicians anymore, they have to be labelled as white?  

What the phack is it with this thread. In democracies people march...what's the big deal?

Women have the right to march and express concern for women's issues or not to march and not to have concerns.

This attempt to stereotype any woman who marched as unreasonable is crap.

You don't agree with them, hell don't. Calling them all unreasonable, is unreasonable. Its also irrational.

The concerns are real for these people. I am a friggin man and I can understand why women have concerns with certain things Trump said.

If he said the same thing about white men, Taxme would be the first complaining and asking for his head.

I say let's give Trump a bit of a chance and it may be premature to think he is as bad as he sounds, but its peoples' right to march and their being women with issues specific to women are serious to these women. Control over their bodies is an issue women are going to speak out on.

As a man get it. I taught my daughters, make their own decisions as to what to do with their bodies and don't rely on any man for that.

Yah they were at the march because they are Americans. That said, maybe I don't disagree with Trump on somethings and agree with him on others, but I sure as hell won't berate women for their concerns with him. He said ignorant hurtful things. Good on them and all the other women for caring. Its better than being complacent.

Someone says something brutish speak out.

Edited by Rue

On 1/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, ?Impact said:

About the same business when America attacks another country to get at its oil.

It is none of Canadian women's business to attack another countries policies, period. I guess that it is easy to attack Trump and America because America is a majority white country. Attacking America means that you won't have to be afraid or worry about being called a racist. When the world was trying to get rid of apartheid women demonstrated in Canada, and no doubt because it was against white people that they had no problem to demonstrate against apartheid. 

Why don't these same concerned women marchers get together and protest against some of those Arab countries where women are stoned to death for being raped, and where women are not even allowed to drive a car. Beheadings? Wives are slaves to their slave husband owners. Probably because it is not the politically correct thing to do so, eh? Can't get involved demonstrating against one of those non-white countries, now can we? Most Canadian women do and say some dumb things when they try to get involved in politics. They get their priorities all wrong in many cases. Canadian women and men have become so politically correct that they are now to afraid to demonstrate against anything unless the main scream media and political correctness gives them the green light to go do so. Shocking indeed. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why don't these same concerned women marchers get together and protest against some of those Arab countries where women are stoned to death for being raped, and where women are not even allowed to drive a car.

There are lots of protests against Arab countries as well. There were major protests here about the arms deal we made with Saudi Arabia for example.  There were protests in London about supporting Saudi Arabia due to its military action in Yemen. In Norway last summer there was a protest about the money that seems to find its way from Saudi Arabia to terrorists. If you open your eyes, you will see that people do indeed get involve in other actions. Trumps despicable actions are also worthy of protest, he is not the victim although he loves to play that card.

11 minutes ago, Rue said:

What the phack is it with this thread. In democracies people march...what's the big deal?

Women have the right to march and express concern for women's issues or not to march and not to have concerns.

This attempt to stereotype any woman who marched as unreasonable is crap.

You don't agree with them, hell don't. Calling them all unreasonable, is unreasonable. Its also irrational.

The concerns are real for these people. I am a friggin man and I can understand why women have concerns with certain things Trump said.

If he said the same thing about white men, Taxme would be the first complaining and asking for his head.

I say let's give Trump a bit of a chance and it may be premature to think he is as bad as he sounds, but its peoples' right to march and their being women with issues specific to women are serious to these women. Control over their bodies is an issue women are going to speak out on.

As a man get it. I taught my daughters, make their own decisions as to what to do with their bodies and don't rely on any man for that.

Yah they were at the march because they are Americans. That said, maybe I don't disagree with Trump on somethings and agree with him on others, but I sure as hell won't berate women for their concerns with him. He said ignorant hurtful things. Good on them and all the other women for caring. Its better than being complacent.

Someone says something brutish speak out.

The march was against Trump, period. It had nothing to do with women's rights. Trump is not going to take women's rights away. Trump respects their rights as women. 

So, why did Canadian women get all up tight about what Trump may have or may not have said? Did they think that Trump was going to take their rights away here in Canada? I guess that is what some probably thought. Silly women. There are lots of women who have no rights all over the world, and do not have the protections that women have in North America. Those rights will never be taken away from women. The only way that will happen if Muslims take over and control women's rights in North America. 

Taxme will defend and challenge any racist attacks against my Caucasian race. If other races can challenge attacks against their people and race well then why can't I? 

If it were not for the trouble making liberal fake and phony media here in Canada and America and getting women all worked up over their maybe loss of rights they would not have demonstrated at all because there was no reason to demonstrate because no rights were going to be taken away.

So, why doesn't our media try and get all the concerned women up in arms about women's rights from around the world?  Women are stoned to death for being raped. Beaten by their slave owner husbands. Not allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Mutatations done against women's groin areas in some African countries. Where are the concerned feminist women over this? No where to be found. Women in North America have their priorities all screwed up. They are demonstrating against Trump, and have it all wrong, and what they really should be doing is going after those Arab and African men of those countries who deny their women any rights or freedoms. I guess it is much easier to just attack old white men, eh? White men are easy targets. 

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

I get what is being said, my issue is with taxpayers having to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to NGO's.  NGO = Non-governmental organization.

Maybe they should team up with the Clintons and raise the money themselves.

Fantastic plan. I like it. :)

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

I say, it FEAR for some and others like Whoopi,( actress) she's still peeved off they lost, saw her  as a speaker  and telling the crowd that people protested over Nam, that changes

Whoopie, Joy Behar, Maryl Streep, and so many others in the entertainment business are truly nothing more than a bunch of whiny cry baby losers. I thank gawd and thrilled to heck that they lost. They had their way for 8 years of forcing liberalism down the peoples throats, and now it is the conservatives turn to abolish all that liberalism nonsense that was shoved down the peoples throats who never asked for i in the first place, and be gone. Works for me.  

On 1/23/2017 at 4:48 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

So why is Trump responsible for abortions rights around the world ?   Abortion was illegal in a majority of the world long before Trump came along, and is still illegal in many nations.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:50 PM, WestCoastRunner said:

Millions of women worldwide marched the day after the Inauguration and it seems the Trump administration paid no attention.  They have reinstated the 'Global Gag Rule' which bans recipients of U.S. foreign aid from offering abortion-related services.  In order to continue to receive funding, they must stop offer abortions and abortion-related services.  

This represents a huge step backward for women all over the world.  Unsafe abortions will increase, women seeking treatment as the result of unsafe abortions will be turned away ,young pregnant girls in third world countries will have no where to turn.

If a clinic refuses to abide by the Global Gag rule, they not only lose u.s. funding, but donated contraceptives and 'Cutting-edge leadership and technical expertise, which is predominantly provided by the U.S. international family planning program within USAID'.

Yep, great progress for women.  Thanks Trump for harming women's health all over the world.

I wonder as to how many abortions done around the world are paid for by the Canadian taxpayer's? I am almost pretty sure that Canadians are paying for some. Hey, this is Canada don't you know. Need some money, ask Canada for some because we Canadians have been told over and over again that Canadians are a caring, loving, wonderful, generous people who are always ready to help give(throw) our tax dollars to the wind.  

37 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

There are lots of protests against Arab countries as well. There were major protests here about the arms deal we made with Saudi Arabia for example.  There were protests in London about supporting Saudi Arabia due to its military action in Yemen. In Norway last summer there was a protest about the money that seems to find its way from Saudi Arabia to terrorists. If you open your eyes, you will see that people do indeed get involve in other actions. Trumps despicable actions are also worthy of protest, he is not the victim although he loves to play that card.

Again, where are the protests for women's rights in Canada or America against those anti-women's rights countries like we saw and know are happening in many African and Arab countries? I never have ever seen anything like the magnitude of women that we saw demonstrating against those countries like we saw happening against Trump. Women by the millions got all upset and marched against what Trump may have or may not have said. The silence is deafening. 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:47 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump is not responsible for the "reproductive health" (wink - wink) of women worldwide.   Trump just reinstated an existing U.S. policy.

If Canadian women want to support abortions around the world....then they can pay for it.

Dam right Canadian women can support abortions all around the world, and they should pay for it themselves. Stop using taxpayer's tax dollars to help fund abortions in other countries. If one has a cause that they want to believe in and fight for then they should use their own money, and not taxpayer's tax dollars. Works for me. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Dam right Canadian women can support abortions all around the world, and they should pay for it themselves. Stop using taxpayer's tax dollars to help fund abortions in other countries. If one has a cause that they want to believe in and fight for then they should use their own money, and not taxpayer's tax dollars. Works for me. 

What about clean water wells and anti malaria meds?

14 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Taxes are a gun to your head? Poor you.

The governments ability to collect taxes is literally a gun to ones head.  If one pushes the issue to the extreme it's a gun to the head.

It must be tough living in a society that provides everything from food that isn't contaminated, to clean water, to healthcare, to an education, to protection by cops and the military, to fire fighting, to roadways, to snow removal, to insurance to help you transition between jobs, to a pension when you retire, to people who screen incomes at the border, to scientific research and development, etc. Etc. Etc.

There's a leftist slippery slope arguement.  Humanitarian aid doesn't fall into necessary government function such as settling disputes and providing an environment for business to work in - that's what taxes are for and that shouldn't cost as much as it does today.

Why do you have a gun to your head to help people who have nothing? Why do you need a gun put to your head to do so?

There's a gun to the head as taxes are used for foreign aid.  

The funny thing is in the gilded age when taxes were at rock bottom is when the large blue chip charities came out which are far more efficient at helping people than government taxation.

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What about clean water wells and anti malaria meds?

What about them? These countries have been around for centuries. Why do they still need western help? They have been getting plenty of money over the decades to have good clean running water and medicine against diseases. Am I or the Canadian taxpayer's suppose to look after every country in the world that has problems for eternity? Give me a tax break will you. Quit with this bleeding heart liberal stuff, and start to use more common sense and logic. Foreign-aid needs to be stopped. We must end this welfare program and agenda that our fake and phony politicians keep foisting on us all. If you care so much then go donate. Leave me out of it, and stop continually blowing my tax dollars. It's my tax dollars too, don't you know.  

Taxes are a gun to your head? Poor you. It must be tough living in a society that provides everything from food that isn't contaminated, to clean water, to healthcare, to an education, to protection by cops and the military, to fire fighting, to roadways, to snow removal, to insurance to help you transition between jobs, to a pension when you retire, to people who screen incomes at the border, to scientific research and development, etc. Etc. Etc.

Why do you have a gun to your head to help people who have nothing? Why do you need a gun put to your head to do so?

Indeed, taxes are a gun to your head. If you mean helping poor Canadians in need than I am for all the spending of taxes that it will take to get them out of poverty. I am Canadian first, and maybe than the rest of the world second. It all depends on how long it will take to be able to eliminate poverty in Canada first. We have been giving money in the form of foreign-aid for numerous decades now. Surely if it is not working now it will probably never work. It is time to stop all foreign-aid period. Works for me. 

28 minutes ago, taxme said:

What about them? These countries have been around for centuries. Why do they still need western help? They have been getting plenty of money over the decades to have good clean running water and medicine against diseases. Am I or the Canadian taxpayer's suppose to look after every country in the world that has problems for eternity? Give me a tax break will you. Quit with this bleeding heart liberal stuff, and start to use more common sense and logic. Foreign-aid needs to be stopped. We must end this welfare program and agenda that our fake and phony politicians keep foisting on us all. If you care so much then go donate. Leave me out of it, and stop continually blowing my tax dollars. It's my tax dollars too, don't you know.  

So it's any foreign aid. Not just abortion.  I was just curious. 

55 minutes ago, blueblood said:

The governments ability to collect taxes is literally a gun to ones head.

We all benefit from the economy, and taxes are the means in which that economy is managed. You are welcome to move to Somalia and live in an environment with lax regulation and deal with trying to build a stable business there. If you want the stability and growth opportunities that Canada provides, then participating in the system that builds and maintains them is essential. Yes that system is flawed, please put your name forward to try and win support and fix those flaws.

44 minutes ago, taxme said:

Indeed, taxes are a gun to your head. If you mean helping poor Canadians in need than I am for all the spending of taxes that it will take to get them out of poverty. I am Canadian first, and maybe than the rest of the world second. It all depends on how long it will take to be able to eliminate poverty in Canada first. We have been giving money in the form of foreign-aid for numerous decades now. Surely if it is not working now it will probably never work. It is time to stop all foreign-aid period. Works for me. 

Thanks to leftists, we've reached the absurd situation where Canadian tax money is used to house, clothe and feed refugees from another country, while poverty, yes even childhood poverty, continues to rise at home.

TORONTO -- A new report says Toronto has the highest percentage of children living in poverty of any large city in Canada. The report, titled "Divided City: Life in Canada's Child Poverty Capital," says 133,000 children in Toronto -- 27 per cent -- were living in low-income families in 2014, the year the data was collected.

A coalition of groups including the Children's Aid Society of Toronto issued the report as the city weighs up to $600 million in cuts to programs and services such as community housing, transit and student nutrition.

Link

I guess the Canadian women who marched against Trump are unaware of this.