Trudeau tour.

PIK

To talk to the regular folk, but you have to register with name, number and e-mail. What a great way to get people's info. This government cant be trusted at all.

Edited by PIK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And 1 more pt. Why is the tax payer paying for this? This has nothing to do with government policy or handing out checks. it is just for Trudeau to try and cover up the scandals and incompetence. The liberal party should be paying for this.

52 minutes ago, PIK said:

And 1 more pt. Why is the tax payer paying for this? This has nothing to do with government policy or handing out checks. it is just for Trudeau to try and cover up the scandals and incompetence. The liberal party should be paying for this.

I fell off my chair reading that.

This very much does look like electioneering. Obviously, boy Trudeau was triggered when his popularity went down the last month over all that Chinese money pouring into his party through high priced luncheons. But pretending he cares or gallivanting around the country trying to find 'ordinary people' to question them is not a function of his job as Prime Minister. He's got actual work to do. Anyway, he has no way of identifying with ordinary Canadians, who are always first and foremost concerned with jobs and the economy, with health care and the high price of gas and electricity. None of these are even on his radar. Trudeau's concerns are things like transgender bathrooms and global warming, getting a seat on the UN security council, and the ever desperate determination to ensure every single person he appoints meets with his politically correct sentiments.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

This very much does look like electioneering. Obviously, boy Trudeau was triggered when his popularity went down the last month over all that Chinese money pouring into his party through high priced luncheons. But pretending he cares or gallivanting around the country trying to find 'ordinary people' to question them is not a function of his job as Prime Minister. He's got actual work to do. Anyway, he has no way of identifying with ordinary Canadians, who are always first and foremost concerned with jobs and the economy, with health care and the high price of gas and electricity. None of these are even on his radar. Trudeau's concerns are things like transgender bathrooms and global warming, getting a seat on the UN security council, and the ever desperate determination to ensure every single person he appoints meets with his politically correct sentiments.

If I were the Tories, now would be the prime time to run their ads about the Chinese money to get that seed of doubt planted.  

Oleary is licking his chops, but there also needs to be some policy and vision other than the liberals are crooks

2 minutes ago, blueblood said:

If I were the Tories, now would be the prime time to run their ads about the Chinese money to get that seed of doubt planted.  

I would run a variation of the ad I think the Ontario tories should run against the Liberals in the election there. A corridor leading to a large door with Prime Minster Trudeau written on it. A desk out front whereby people form a line and hand them money so they can talk to Trudeau. Doing it with Chinese is tricky because you want to avoid allegations of racism, but I still think it would work if you showed very well dressed Chinese forming a line with their money in hand, then you follow the line around the corner to where two Chinese government guys in Mao suits are handing them the money.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

I would run a variation of the ad I think the Ontario tories should run against the Liberals in the election there. A corridor leading to a large door with Prime Minster Trudeau written on it. A desk out front whereby people form a line and hand them money so they can talk to Trudeau. Doing it with Chinese is tricky because you want to avoid allegations of racism, but I still think it would work if you showed very well dressed Chinese forming a line with their money in hand, then you follow the line around the corner to where two Chinese government guys in Mao suits are handing them the money.

Or use envelopes with government of China written all over it stuffed with bills

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Last time Trudeau went on a cross-country tour doing townhalls and taking selfies with "ordinary Canadians" it helped get him and his party a majority election win.  I'd say the Liberal Party should pay for this, or at the very least half of it.

Ugh I have to defend him, trudeau going across the country is part of his job and we have to suck it up.

As for his tour, it might not be so good this time around with a stagnant economy  

2 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Ugh I have to defend him, trudeau going across the country is part of his job and we have to suck it up.

I realize that too, he could also be taking advantage of this as an attempt to increase his sagging political popularity.  That's why I say let the Liberal Party pay half.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I realize that too, he could also be taking advantage of this as an attempt to increase his sagging political popularity.  That's why I say let the Liberal Party pay half.

He has to do that, but part of being the pm is travelling across the country to talk to constituents.  

Rest assured east of the red river in manitoba Trudeaus popularity isn't going anywhere

6 hours ago, blueblood said:

Oleary is licking his chops, but there also needs to be some policy and vision other than the liberals are crooks

Funnily enough,  I received ths today. 

"A curious move has Canadians wondering what the Trudeau Liberals are thinking.

Back in 2015 our Conservative government blocked the sale of a Canadian electronics firm to China’s O-Net Communications due to national security concerns.

You see, over 25% of O-Net's ownership belongs to a subsidiary of the China Electronic Corporation.

It should be pointed out that even a minority state investment in a Chinese firm means it is a Chinese state-controlled enterprise. Through hard experience Canada has learned it is wrong to allow the Chinese government to own – and possibly abuse – sensitive elements of the Canadian economy.

But, in a stunning display of ineptitude, the Liberals have reversed this decision.

This is short sighted and worrisome.

But this is nothing new. The Liberals have worked to please the Chinese at all levels.

Trudeau has:

Offered himself up to the highest bidder at private cash for access fundraisers for Chinese billionaires.
Seen donations to the Trudeau Foundation spike.
Given approval for a Chinese billionaire to open banking operations in BC after making a donation to the Liberal Party.
Canadians need to understand the risks the Liberals are taking with this decision.

China’s drive to militarize the South China Seas and the technological ramifications after this deal goes through should have us asking for more due diligence.

Justin Trudeau is pandering to a Communist State. He says he has an “admiration” for China because of their “basic dictatorship.”

He’s even led the charge as the Liberals rushed to negotiate an extradition treaty with China despite their historic widespread abuse of human rights and capital punishment.

This is setting a worrying trend - one where Trudeau is putting his personal gain and the gain of the Liberal Party ahead of the best interests of Canadians.

Canadian security – not Chinese donations to the Liberal Party – needs to be top of mind for this government. Donate now if you agree.

Sincerely,

Peter Kent"

I don't think a chat roulette has to be filtered. Make it completely random and have the code open source.

Sure if you have it unfiltered, you risk some trolls showing their genitals, but I think that's a trade off worth it to reach a more representative sample of the populace.

12 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Don't u think that perhaps all that info required could be security reasons also, in case something happens against Trudeau?  I think its good to see  a PM out about the people and more PMs should have done more of it.

Nothing but actual real work stops sitting PMs from engaging in photo ops. Trudeau is out and about because he desperately needs to be thought of as a man of the people. He is not. Flitting about in helicopters with billionaires on private islands and being arrogant and self entitled about that right to court people he has a conflict of interest with show what he is an arrogant self entitled rich boy slumming it with the masses Controlled photo ops with canned answers means sweet phack all.

15 hours ago, blueblood said:

He has to do that, but part of being the pm is travelling across the country to talk to constituents.  

Trudeau's only constituents are in his riding. Travelling around is pure politics, and they should pay for it.

But no one should be fooled – this is not about showing “openness and accountability,” as Trudeau suggested in his press conference Thursday.

It is a calculated, taxpayer-funded attempt to bury bad news beneath a blizzard of positive images of the prime minister mixing with the plebs.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/john-ivison-trudeau-should-be-at-action-stations-not-calling-radio-stations

Edited by Argus

And just to show how out of touch Trudeau is with the interests of 'ordinary' Canadians, he 'bravely' announced his intention to try to school Donald Trump on his feminist credentials and on how great immigrants and Muslims are. I cannot imagine any circumstance in which this wouldn't piss Trump off, and likely result in stiffening of borer security procedures and more trouble for Canadian exports to the US. But does Trudeau care? Not in the least! Like any good social justice warrior, he has his principals, and if they hurt other people, well, those other people will just have to suffer in a noble cause.

3 hours ago, Rue said:

Nothing but actual real work stops sitting PMs from engaging in photo ops. Trudeau is out and about because he desperately needs to be thought of as a man of the people. He is not.

And where did he go first to meet 'the people'? Why, Manotick! Where the average home price is $1.5 million, about three times the average for the area.

On 2017-01-12 at 9:18 AM, PIK said:

To talk to the regular folk, but you have to register with name, number and e-mail. What a great way to get people's info. This government cant be trusted at all.

On 2017-01-12 at 10:29 AM, Argus said:

On 2017-01-12 at 10:40 AM, Boges said:

Having to campaign less than half way through your mandate is pathetic. JT is doing an awful job. 

Where were you people prior to November 2015????

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tories-spent-108000-on-fiscal-update-town-hall/article4216201/

The Harper government spent over $100,000 staging a one-hour event in June to deliver an update on its efforts to help the recession-ravaged economy.

Edited by The_Squid

The event highlighted isn't comparable to what JT is doing. 

In June of 2009, Harper was having to appease the opposition with a stimulus plan. Only 6 months earlier the opposition tried to start a coalition government if the CPC didn't help with the recession. Seems providing an update would be prudent. 

JT is only a year into his majority mandate and he's already trying to mask his poor performance with a feel good tour. 

Didn't work today as a woman chastised him over her high Hydro bill and he didn't have any answers for her and blamed the province.