Cabinet shuffle today.

PIK

I heard. Dion gone, McCullum gone ,Mary yam gone. Freeland which I have been hard on and she seems to be doing ok to be moved to Dion's spot. Rumours that Dion and Mac will be going to France and china or just quit. Dion never ever should have been there in the 1st place. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PIK said:

I heard. Dion gone, McCullum gone ,Mary yam gone. Freeland which I have been hard on and she seems to be doing ok to be moved to Dion's spot. Rumours that Dion and Mac will be going to France and china or just quit. Dion never ever should have been there in the 1st place. 

Freeland got deals done and tangible results, I'm not surprised over her promotion which was well deserved.

9 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Freeland got deals done and tangible results, I'm not surprised over her promotion which was well deserved.

Yes she did, but I still find her as annoying as hell. LOL

2 hours ago, blueblood said:

Isn't she the one that was crying about the European trade deal?

From what the Globe is saying, immigration lawyers are about to have sore hands from high-fiving each other. The Liberals plan to put a Somali immigrant who was an immigration lawyer in charge of immigration.  Ahmed Hussen is active in the Somali and Islamic community, and it remains to be seen just whose interests he will be working for. I doubt it will be Canada's though.

1 minute ago, blueblood said:

She cried, and somehow got the deal done.  I'm no liberal supporter, but I give her props for getting that done plus the canola deal with China.  Dion has done diddly squat compared to her.

The canola deal with China? You're kidding right? That was a make-believe issue the Chinese brought up to get their way on other issues. Once we agreed to join their 'international bank' suddenly the canola issue was pushed back - until the next time they want something.

It was the European government which wanted the trade deal and pushed it through, not her crying.

Just now, Argus said:

The canola deal with China? You're kidding right? That was a make-believe issue the Chinese brought up to get their way on other issues. Once we agreed to join their 'international bank' suddenly the canola issue was pushed back - until the next time they want something.

It was the European government which wanted the trade deal and pushed it through, not her crying.

She still got the deal done and her name is associated with the successful deals.  

And for canola the Chinese are also realizing that they are losing their leverage in that as there is more and more refining of it in Canada and the Chinese get the vegetable oil end product.

regardless the deals got done and Canada comes out better than having no deal

1 minute ago, blueblood said:

She still got the deal done and her name is associated with the successful deals.  

And for canola the Chinese are also realizing that they are losing their leverage in that as there is more and more refining of it in Canada and the Chinese get the vegetable oil end product.

regardless the deals got done and Canada comes out better than having no deal

So you think she should get credit even if she had nothing to do with he deals getting done?

1 hour ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Monsef is still in?

I'm surprised they didn't put her in charge of Immigration.

Well I guess cause it's 2017, you can't get rid of a women 'of colour', regardless of how incompetent she is.

Don't  you know by now that colour, race, ethnicity, and gender are way more important than competence or experience?

Just look at who they DID put in charge of immigration.

Edited by Argus

McCallum has serious health problems. He has always been an alcoholic and he looks on death's door. I suspect he was moved because of continued drunken behaviour.

As for Dion, his English hinders him on world stage but he is an abused man who did not deserve the crap from Trudeau. Trudeau has always hated him and been disrespectful to him. Putting him in External Affairs and removing him this fast is an insult. He's done nothing wrong.

The person they are putting in at Foreign Affairs will last a second with the American rudeness before she cries.

The crying was pathetic. You want to be treated as an equal and then the first moment things get tough revert to crying on world stage because a deal is stuck? What will she do when Trump starts spitting and sputtering, cry? Not the person for Trade or Foreign Affairs. She belongs in the Culture Ministry. She has zero business skills.

The only cabinet Ministers I like are Garneau in Transport, the Justice Minister and the Defence Minister. Garneau should be in Foreign Affairs not Hyland. His past relations with NASA gives him respect in Washington. He's someone they selected to be part of their program. He's not someone Trump would insult. Hyland oh Lord wait until she meets Trump and his pig behaviour comes out and she pulls her crying act. Lard Thundrin Geezus as they say on the Rock.

42 minutes ago, Rue said:

McCallum has serious health problems. He has always been an alcoholic and he looks on death's door. I suspect he was moved because of continued drunken behaviour.

Sending him to China is not a good idea. He's been sucking up to the Chinese from day one, and God only knows what information he's going to pass them as ambassador, assuming they trust him with any.

6 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Such a productive thread. The only posters responding attack women and brown skinned people. A very good representation of MLW. 

Au contraire...the appointment of Muslims* to both immigration and status of women. And a 'celebrity' Islamic sympathizer to Foreign Affairs. It's a real crescent and star day on the Hill. I half expected JT to publicly announce his conversion to Islam. But, perhaps that would be too much Islam forced upon the unbelievers for one day.

*Muslims are members of the religion/cult of Islam...not a skin colour.

12 hours ago, Argus said:

From what the Globe is saying, immigration lawyers are about to have sore hands from high-fiving each other. The Liberals plan to put a Somali immigrant who was an immigration lawyer in charge of immigration.  Ahmed Hussen is active in the Somali and Islamic community, and it remains to be seen just whose interests he will be working for. I doubt it will be Canada's though.

I am pretty sure that Canada will be getting a lot more Somali immigrants and refugees coming to Canada very soon because of this guy's appointment to the immigration department. He will probably try to flood his department with those Somali immigrants. Many more Somalis coming that will most likely end up on the taxpayer's payroll, and help to bankrupt the welfare and medicare systems. I believe that Western Europeans and Australians will be having a tougher time trying to get into Canada now. That I am sure is a given. Multiculturalism(white genocide)is in, and white western immigration will be out. I too believe that his interests will come first before Canada's or Canadian peoples interests.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Au contraire...the appointment of Muslims* to both immigration and status of women. And a 'celebrity' Islamic sympathizer to Foreign Affairs. It's a real crescent and star day on the Hill. I half expected JT to publicly announce his conversion to Islam. But, perhaps that would be too much Islam forced upon the unbelievers for one day.

*Muslims are members of the religion/cult of Islam...not a skin colour.

Welcome to the new Canada. I remember when papa trudeau back in 1980 when the liberals were elected as the government, and in his victory speech to Canadians he said "welcome to the new Canada". And we see today what he meant by saying "welcome to the new Canada", and how the third world immigration has become a big part of that welcome. We are being taken over by the third world but to mention this gets one called a racist and anti-immigrant. Yes, that will be enough for today. Tomorrow we will get more of it. :D

Major shuffle, ending the political careers of two Party stalwarts...........though Dion was a hapless party leader, he did yeoman's work on Quebec and the Clarity Act.....I think Dion deserved better...........I'm surprised Monsef stays in cabinet....and is replaced by an even younger model, from a traditionally Tory riding (Smells like that one is reverting back to blue)........

--------------

It looks like Trudeau is now on letter number 2 of 3 written by former Prime Minister Harper........;)

5 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Major shuffle, ending the political careers of two Party stalwarts...........though Dion was a hapless party leader, he did yeoman's work on Quebec and the Clarity Act.....I think Dion deserved better...........I'm surprised Monsef stays in cabinet....and is replaced by an even younger model, from a traditionally Tory riding (Smells like that one is reverting back to blue)........

--------------

It looks like Trudeau is now on letter number 2 of 3 written by former Prime Minister Harper........;)

Personally, I don't really care as to who trudeau shuffles around. It will make no difference for Canada or ordinary Canadians. But times should be good for big liberal donors. 

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

Personally, I don't really care as to who trudeau shuffles around. It will make no difference for Canada or ordinary Canadians. But times should be good for big liberal donors. 

And why would a cabinet shuffle effect that any more than it already exists?