The First 5

1 hour ago, Omni said:

So your idea of diplomacy is building walls along borders, deporting no whites, and firing up the arms race. Maybe you could get work at the white house.

We're not talking abut building walls, or platforms.  We're talking about undiplomatic attitude by our PM!

Edited by betsy

Just now, Omni said:

Being the Trump fan you seem to be I am wondering if you actually fully understand the idea of diplomacy.

Yes I do.  And I also understand when someone like you deflects from the real issue.  It's bad enough that you try to deflect- but your rebuttal sounds so silly!

You're saying it's undiplomatic to want to build walls on your borders?  Boy, everyone with fences between them and their neighbors are all "undiplomatic."  That's funny.....

7 minutes ago, betsy said:

Scroll back up and read!

The only other example I could find is Trudeau saying Trump might not be as extreme as his rhetoric once he takes power (which is something most conservatives have been wishfully saying). You said that is like calling Trump an idiot, which it isn't. Do you have anything else?

7 minutes ago, betsy said:

Edited by BubberMiley

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Yes I do.  And I also understand when someone like you deflects from the real issue.  It's bad enough that you try to deflect- but your rebuttal sounds so silly! 

You're saying it's undiplomatic to want to build walls on your borders?  Boy, everyone with fences between them and their neighbors are all "undiplomatic."  That's funny.....

I see you conveniently ignored the racist and war mongnering issues, but oh well. I suggest you take a drive along the Canada US border and let us know how many miles of wall you see.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There are plenty of electronic fences and surveillance tools along the CanAm border.  Walls already exist on the Mexican border.   All before Trump ever becomes president.

Yes we both have surveillance on our borders, we just don't spend multi billions of dollars building ridiculous walls. At least not yet. It will be fun watching Nieto light up a nice Cuban with that invoice though.

Just now, Omni said:

Yes we both have surveillance on our borders, we just don't spend multi billions of dollars building ridiculous walls. At least not yet. It will be fun watching Nieto light up a nice Cuban with that invoice though.

Nothing special about Canada or the Canadian border.   Ahmed Rassam (Millennium Bomber) came from Canada...not Mexico.

Trump should make it clear that he will spend billions on whatever it takes to stop the flow of illegals across the U.S. border.

Trump should not visit Canada until something is done about all the illegal overstays in the U.S....Canada leads the world.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nothing special about Canada or the Canadian border.   Ahmed Rassam (Millennium Bomber) came from Canada...not Mexico.

Trump should make it clear that he will spend billions on whatever it takes to stop the flow of illegals across the U.S. border.

Trump should not visit Canada until something is done about all the illegal overstays in the U.S....Canada leads the world.

Yes and of course many Americans bought the fake news BS that the 9/11 bombers came across the border from Canada. And of course of late they tried to say Santiago flew through Canada. Perhaps if he'd of been given the health care he sought this could have been prevented.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

So that's it? You defend someone who will likely be the most undiplomatic president in history and yet you call Trudeau undiplomatic for having a healthy diplomatic relationship with the existing president? You do realize that if the incoming president is in any way sane, he wouldn't hold that against him, don't you?

I still have a little (not much) hope that Trudeau was correct when he generously said Trump might govern in a more moderate fashion than his campaign suggested. In which case, Canada will definitely be first on the list, as per tradition.

Edited by BubberMiley

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There are plenty of electronic fences and surveillance tools along the CanAm border.  Walls already exist on the Mexican border.   All before Trump ever becomes president.

Yes!  I saw fences in the  movie  (Sicario) yesterday!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

So that's it? You defend someone who will likely be the most undiplomatic president in history and yet you call Trudeau undiplomatic for having a healthy diplomatic relationship with the existing president? You do realize that if the incoming president is in any way sane, he wouldn't hold that against him, don't you?

There seems to be a fantasy among Canadian conservatives that Trump is going to "teach Trudeau a lesson".

We saw much the same when Obama became POTUS... Canadian left-wingers eagerly anticipating that Obama would punish Harper for being conservative or for being friends with G.W. Bush. Didn't happen.  Of course, since Trump himself says he has the temperament of a first-grader, there's no guarantees.

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

I still have a little (not much) hope that Trudeau was correct when he generously said Trump might govern in a more moderate fashion than his campaign suggested. In which case, Canada will definitely be first on the list, as per tradition.

Since Trump has already backed away from most of the things he said in his campaign, from #LockHerUp to #DrainTheSwamp to "tough on Wall Street" to "it's gonna be a big, beautiful wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it", it's clear that Trudeau was right.

-k

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau was wrong about Trump and the U.S. election.   U.S. presidents don't worry about Canadian PMs "teaching them a lesson", because they are lesser gods.

I agree, hence the thing with Trudeau realizing the new power dynamic and flailing for attention.  Trump will be dealing with China, Russia, and Mexico.  The only lesson trump teaches Trudeau is the snub.  

11 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Trump is not our President.  he does not represent Canada.  Trudeau is our PM, and he does represents Canada.

Our PM shouldn't placed himself in awkward situations, he shouldn't have publicly taken sides in the squabble between Obama and the INCOMING admin, especially after that election!  What's so hard to understand about that?  You and I, can.  He doesn't have that luxury.  If you can't get that .....we're done.

Edited by betsy

41 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I don't have any predictions, other than Trudeau's ability to surprise. 

Me too, with Trudeau.  

Just when you thought he's finally getting it........he does or says something undiplomatic that makes your jaw drop. :lol: