Black Rights Activist on Canadian $10 bill

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

....We have no white hero's in Canada anymore because most of them were white, and this must not be seen or heard or noted anymore. But thanks to multiculturalism we are going to get a lot of non-white hero's that were suppose to have done lot's of wonderful things for Canada. And white people will be spoon fed about how racist they are if they dare say anything negative about non-whites. This woman may have been very noble about what she was fighting for but to remove the picture of the first Prime Minister of Canada and replace him with anyone is down right deplorable. But, welcome to the new Canada. Sadly. there will be a lot more to come of this nonsense in the future.  

Civil rights efforts that affected every women in Canada (far more than just blacks) can be found with The Famous Five (i.e. Nellie McClung) and the legal definition of a person in Canada.   Oooops....I guess that doesn't count because she was white ?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Civil rights efforts that affected every women in Canada (far more than just blacks) can be found with The Famous Five (i.e. Nellie McClung) and the legal definition of a person in Canada.   Oooops....I guess that doesn't count because she was white ?

And nuts, apparently.  She campaigned for the sterilization of those considered "simple-minded", according to Wiki. 

Hell, she'd wipe out half this site,

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

And nuts, apparently.  She campaigned for the sterilization of those considered "simple-minded", according to Wiki. 

No big deal...Tommy Douglas (The Greatest Canadian) was into eugenics.   The simple minded were sterilized for several decades.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/banknote-nellie-mcclung-1.3424024

Edited by bush_cheney2004

10 hours ago, bcsapper said:

You can't judge people from the values of our time. The Michener Institute in Alberta was sterilizing the "simple-minded" until the 1970s.

3 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

You can't judge people from the values of our time. The Michener Institute in Alberta was sterilizing the "simple-minded" until the 1970s.

Oh, I know.  I was just having fun.  I agree very much with your first sentence there.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:19 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is just another pathetic example of using the United States (American history) to define & elevate personage in Canada. 

Will the note be proudly engraved with, "Canada's Rosa Parks!" ?

These pro-diversity politicians make me sick. Our PM just loves to tell us all the wonders and joys of diversity. And keep bringing in more so we can become more diverse. Matter of fact, I think that is all he seems to care about is diversity. Oh, and climate change. Another baby of interest on his list. Every time I see him on TV, he is always surrounded by non-western looking people. I guess the next person the politicians and the media will be looking for to put on one of our denominations will be someone like Obama. There has to be one out there somewhere. There is plenty of room to engrave Canada's Rosa Parks" on the bill. If not the Bank of Canada will find a spot. Probably right under her name. 

13 minutes ago, Omni said:

I see, I must have misunderstood your desire for a pasty white Canada.

As a pro-white activist, not a white racist, I just do not want to see Canada become a majority non-white country which is what is happening in Canada today. Why would I want to see that happen? I suppose that if you are non-white, then you probably could careless. It won't mean anything too you if that should ever happen. It will just end up being one of many dozens of turfs consisting of multiple cultures,traditions,heritages, languages, religions, all trying to push their own agendas and programs in trying to preserve their ways of doing things. Some Canada that will be, eh? Yes, I do want a pasty white Canada alright. A pasty white majority one. I cannot see anything wrong with that?  Do you? 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

As a pro-white activist, not a white racist, I just do not want to see Canada become a majority non-white country which is what is happening in Canada today. Why would I want to see that happen? I suppose that if you are non-white, then you probably could careless. It won't mean anything too you if that should ever happen. It will just end up being one of many dozens of turfs consisting of multiple cultures,traditions,heritages, languages, religions, all trying to push their own agendas and programs in trying to preserve their ways of doing things. Some Canada that will be, eh? Yes, I do want a pasty white Canada alright. A pasty white majority one. I cannot see anything wrong with that?  Do you? 

Maybe if you tried travelling a bit you might find that mixing with other cultures/colors can be fun and educational. That may quell your fears.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Maybe if you tried travelling a bit you might find that mixing with other cultures/colors can be fun and educational. That may quell your fears.

And do you think his traveling around the third world (the source of our immigrants) would produce a lot of countries he would want to live in?

On 12/9/2016 at 0:55 PM, Argus said:

An unearned honor, given out because the Liberals desperately wanted to puff out their chests by putting someone who isn't white on a dollar bill. Sir John A Macdonald founded Canada. She founded... a beauty school. Whoop de do.

No one in Canada - French/English - knows this woman.

It is hard to imagine a more pointless figurehead - and a symbol of how Justin Trudeau and the Bank of Canada (Stephen Polosz) are clueless about real life in Canada.

=====

Canada is a civilised country. We are a federal State, our central government is officially bilingual, but Canada has no official culture.

Yet, que ce soit en anglais ou en français, we are somehow all Canadians.

His father feared that some people would make Montreal the Danzig of the New World  I fear that Justin Trudeau is taking us for granted; and he is making of Canada the next Austrian-Hungarian Empire.: 

Edited by August1991

9 hours ago, August1991 said:

His father feared that some people would make Montreal the Danzig of the New World 

huh?

9 hours ago, August1991 said:

I fear that Justin Trudeau is taking us for granted; and he is making of Canada the next Austrian-Hungarian Empire.: 

whaaaa?

-k

Sir John A. McDonald

• Immigrant
  • Drunk
  • Racist
  • Lawyer
  • Career politician for 44 years (23 years before Confederation and another 21 years after)
  • Brought political scandal to the Canadian lexicon

Sounds like a scoundrel to me. I'm glad we are starting to recognize the many other Canadians out there that played some role in our country. Even if we want to limit our focus on those that formed the country, there were over 40 others that participated in the conferences in Charlottetown, Quebec city, and London England. The only other one that gets any air time is Queen Victoria, although I doubt even 1% of Canadians know why we celebrate her birthday and not those of the many monarchs who went before or the 5 after her.

13 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Sir John A. McDonald

• Immigrant
  • Drunk
  • Racist
  • Lawyer
  • Career politician for 44 years (23 years before Confederation and another 21 years after)
  • Brought political scandal to the Canadian lexicon

Sounds like a scoundrel to me.

What all this seems to boil down to is regardless of his towering accomplishments, so much more than you will ever even aspire to, you find him undeserving because he drank heavily. Is that about it? Racist? Every Canadian was racist back then, by our current standards, including the natives. I'm willing to bet this woman was probably racist, too, and certainly homophobic and anti-abortion given the times, and that doesn't trouble you in the slightest.

Or is it just that he's white, and you feel a zealot's need to disparage him in order to defend putting a nonentity who happens to be Black on the ten?

36 minutes ago, Argus said:

What all this seems to boil down to

You seem to ignore the immigrant part, yet spend 99% of your time disparaging immigrants. You also ignore the career politician part, yet that is what you spend the rest of your time on.

I didn't bring McDonald into this thread, just felt the need to put it in context. If you note, I mentioned there are many other Canadians we should start recognizing. I gave many examples, and others here gave many more.

47 minutes ago, Argus said:

What all this seems to boil down to is regardless of his towering accomplishments, so much more than you will ever even aspire to, you find him undeserving because he drank heavily. Is that about it? Racist? Every Canadian was racist back then, by our current standards, including the natives. I'm willing to bet this woman was probably racist, too, and certainly homophobic and anti-abortion given the times, and that doesn't trouble you in the slightest.

Or is it just that he's white, and you feel a zealot's need to disparage him in order to defend putting a nonentity who happens to be Black on the ten?

If anyone deserves to be a racist it would include her. Being thrown out of a movie theater due to skin color would probably piss you off eh?

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

You seem to ignore the immigrant part, yet spend 99% of your time disparaging immigrants. You also ignore the career politician part, yet that is what you spend the rest of your time on.

As usual, you seem incapable of sticking to the subject without trying to throw in personal issues. You are, of course, as you always are, completely wrong about my disparaging immigrants. I disparage a system which brings in immigrants which have primitive social values and no job skills. It is the system I focus on, always. Of course, it's not possible to question the system without also pointing out where it fails with some immigrants. I also don't slam all career politicians, just the ones who clearly are out of touch with mainstream values, needs and wants.

All of which is irrelevant. I might not have even voted for MacDonald were I alive then. That doesn't change the fact he accomplished approximately a million times more for Canada than this beauty shop owner. I recognize that's irrelevant to you, of course. Only skin colour matters to social justice warriors and the politically correct.

2 hours ago, Omni said:

If anyone deserves to be a racist it would include her. Being thrown out of a movie theater due to skin color would probably piss you off eh?

Lots of injustices piss me off, irrespective of skin pigmentation.

BTW, would you say a white woman raped by a group of Black men deserves to be a racist? What about an Asian guy beat up by a bunch of Black guys?

Edited by Argus

26 minutes ago, Argus said:

.I recognize that's irrelevant to you, of course. Only skin colour matters to social justice warriors and the politically correct.

As usual, you seem incapable of sticking to the subject without trying to throw in personal issues. I never said anything to promote this lady in particular, I pointed that we need to expand from recognizing just a small handful of historical figures. I never promoted any social justice cause here, yet you feel the need to label me as a social justice warrior. This country was built on the backs of many, from the farmers that cleared land to the imported labor that dug railway tunnels, yet all we ever hear about is the old drunkard John A. who took care of his patronage buddies.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Lots of injustices piss me off, irrespective of skin pigmentation.

BTW, would you say a white woman raped by a group of Black men deserves to be a racist? What about an Asian guy beat up by a bunch of Black guys?

I guess you miss/ignore the point that it could be understandable to not like the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color. It does seem though that there are those that can achieve that all by themselves.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I guess you miss/ignore the point that it could be understandable to not like the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color. It does seem though that there are those that can achieve that all by themselves.

When you say it could be understandable to not like the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color, are you also saying it it could be understandable to not like people who have the same skin colour as the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color?

I know some Chinese people who don't like Japanese people.  Given Nanjing, it seems reasonable.  Not fair, but reasonable.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

When you say it could be understandable to not like the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color, are you also saying it it could be understandable to not like people who have the same skin colour as the people who mistreated you simply because of your skin color?

I know some Chinese people who don't like Japanese people.  Given Nanjing, it seems reasonable.  Not fair, but reasonable.

Of course, I wouldn't like anyone who mistreated me. However if it was completely due to my skin color, I would tend to be wary of others with the same skin color. And I'll borrow your comment, maybe not fair, but reasonable.