Site Gender Options are so Regressive!

-1=e^ipi

Should this site have more gender options?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:
Almost cut my hair. Happened just the other day. It's getting kind of long. I could've said it was in my way. But I didn't and I wonder why I feel like letting my freak flag fly.

I was considering getting one of those trimmers that you just set at a certain depth and cut the whole head of hair.   Save a few bucks. 

18 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Sometimes people use "gender" to refer to "sex", but I think that comes mostly from people who are just shy about saying/writing the word "sex" so they replace it with the word gender. 

Yes. It's a more polite word for exactly the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I was considering getting one of those trimmers that you just set at a certain depth and cut the whole head of hair.   Save a few bucks. 

I've done that -- lots of people do. You still need to get someone else to check it for you, because it's easy to leave stragglers in places you can't see. 

13 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I've done that -- lots of people do. You still need to get someone else to check it for you, because it's easy to leave stragglers in places you can't see. 

I might do that deliberately, then go to work. See who has the guts to tell me.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I might do that deliberately, then go to work. See who has the guts to tell me.

If you're going to go that, far, do it without a mirror!

I used to have really long hair. When I was coaching hockey, the other coach and I made a deal with the kids at the beginning of the season that they could shave our heads if they won the city championships. We thought it was a safe bet, since this same group of kids only won three games the previous year. Well they did win, and they gleefully buzzed us in the locker room right after the final game. They made a serious hack-job mess, but part of the deal was also that we would go to work at least once with that hair before getting it cleaned up. So I did. It was hilariously bad, but most people in the office did not say a word.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Sometimes people use "gender" to refer to "sex", but I think that comes mostly from people who are just shy about saying/writing the word "sex" so they replace it with the word gender. 

I remember back in my school days we would occasionally get forms to fill out, and they asked the question "Sex: M/F". The reason I remember is it always provoked us to say (I don't remember if I ever had the guts to actually write) things like "often", or "yes please".

7 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I remember back in my school days we would occasionally get forms to fill out, and they asked the question "Sex: M/F". The reason I remember is it always provoked us to say (I don't remember if I ever had the guts to actually write) things like "often", or "yes please".

"If it's all the same to you, I'll just finish filling out the form, thanks."

Feel free to carry this discussion to my topic News Analysis. So you can share your ideas based on the links and we would not have to discuss same things over and over again. You can use News Analysis topic as a source for next time. Because we all know that these atheist persons and especially atheist scientists are abusing science to falsely justify their claims about gender issues. They find a new gene everyear :lol: and now recent months day claim that there is something chemical within homosexuals body and this is why they are homo. LoooL :lol: I cant believe how science is such simply abused and its much more sad that there are millions believe in these fairy stories without questionin.

Here my topic >>> 

Edited by Altai

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

They will still objectively either have a Y chromosome or not. It's not a choice one can make. You can have surgery to correct a birth defect, it won't change what you actually are. 

Some people have chromosomal disorders where they might have XXY chromosomes (Klinefelter Syndrome). 

41 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Some people have chromosomal disorders where they might have XXY chromosomes (Klinefelter Syndrome). 

I'm aware of that. Those are still males. Note the Y. There are no "ZQ" or anything like that. 

Edited by Bryan

8 hours ago, Altai said:

... and now recent months day claim that there is something chemical within homosexuals body and this is why they are homo. LoooL :lol: I cant believe how science is such simply abused and its much more sad that there are millions believe in these fairy stories without questionin.

That's a really ignorant statement.  

Who is better to determine the genetic component in gender/sexuality....   scientists who study the issues?  Or Muslim Imams?

4 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

That's a really ignorant statement.  

Who is better to determine the genetic component in gender/sexuality....   scientists who study the issues?  Or Muslim Imams?

Neither. Scientists find whatever they are paid to find, whether it's actually there or not.

Just now, Bryan said:

Neither. Scientists find whatever they are paid to find, whether it's actually there or not.

So you think scientists were paid to find evolution, so they made it up?   Wow, brilliant...  that might be the most ignorant comment about science I've read on this forum....  it's like you're related to Betsy!

That brings up the question....   if scientists shouldn't be studying genetics and making findings about how genes contribute to gender/sexuality, then who should?  Or do we remain purposely ignorant about these things because people like Bryan don't like the findings?

Edited by The_Squid

20 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Sex is not the same thing as gender. It's 2016! How do people not know this?

Yes, I do understand this.  But your response inspired me to look up the meanings of gender vs. sex and I'm embarrassed to say I had the definitions reversed.  

At least I can say learned something from this forum today. :)