This month in Christianity/Atheism/Judaism/Asia and Far East Religions/New religious movements

Altai

3 minutes ago, Altai said:

Please avoid topic drift and read the OP again as a reminder. This topic have nothing with Islam. Thanks.

It's tough to lay off it if one is talking of egregious religious practices.

I'll do my best

Just now, bcsapper said:

I'm on record here more than once as stating that I have no idea what terrorist even means anymore, as far as our news and arguments go.  So I defer to the dictionary definition.  I'll let terrorists define their own motives.  If they say "allahu akbar" I'll figure it's religious.  If they say, "this is for my Mom, you bastards", I'll figure there's something else in play. 

Yep, this us right back to the point I made initially.  When they say allahu akbar the unifying element is religion.  When it's 'this is for you mom', it's in the name of nationalism or some other ideology.  

The underlying commonality is 'us' vs. 'them' and lots of crimes are committed in the name of nationalism (Iraq invasion being a very recent example).  

Human beings suck is the point I'm making and religion is just *one of* the symptoms of the suckiness.... but peel the layers and nationalism can be just as evil.  

Pastor John Kilpatrick of the Evangel Temple in Meridian, Mississippi who told his congregation that God used Hurricane Katrina to attack New Orleans because President George W. Bush had told Israel to “give up Gaza.” was again in the news for using his pulpit to celebrate the election of Donald Trump and the defeat of Hillary Clinton by speaking in tongues.

The last eight years, we have had in our government as system that has tried to capture the minds of Americans. It has tried to tell us what we think, what we can say, what we must not say. It has tried to tell us how we feel about terrorism, Islamic terrorism. It’s tried to tell us how we should feel about abortion. We’ve had an election now, things are going to open up, God’s spirit is going to begin to move again in America, Sha yi ya yi ya yi ya ya. Praise him! Woo! Sha ba ba la ba ta la rosa ta la la! Freedom! Freedom again! Freedom! Freedom to lift your voice. Freedom to praise the Lord. Woo hoo! Aye yay yay yay. Ha ra da sa da da.” This speaking in tongues continued for 15 minutes. 

Edited by ?Impact

1 hour ago, BC_chick said:

Yep, this us right back to the point I made initially.  When they say allahu akbar the unifying element is religion.  When it's 'this is for you mom', it's in the name of nationalism or some other ideology.  

The underlying commonality is 'us' vs. 'them' and lots of crimes are committed in the name of nationalism (Iraq invasion being a very recent example).  

Human beings suck is the point I'm making and religion is just *one of* the symptoms of the suckiness.... but peel the layers and nationalism can be just as evil.  

Sure, but numbers matter.  You can say evil is done in the name of Islam and Christianity and England and Bradford City AFC, but only one of the above is really scary right now.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Could be relevant. No universal moral code, no punishment from God in the afterlife.

As no reason not to commit a crime, but not as a reason to do so?  Sure, could be in that case. 

3 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Saudi Arabia is a brutal regime with no freedom for their people.

Same goes for the atheist Soviet Union.

Without religion you would not have the Holy Roman Empire, which was the foundation of the laws and freedoms that we enjoy in our modern civil society.

Edited by OftenWrong

Atheist or Christian guy murders his family. Damn !!! What a backward religions/believes these are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/apeldoorn-avenue-double-homicide-1.3872217

Atheist or Christian guy kills his dogs !!! 

http://wtov9.com/news/local/hunter-facing-charges-after-two-dogs-found-dead

Edited by Altai

This news reminds me a British person living in Turkiye who was killed his dog by beating it with a shovel, when people ask why he did such an evil thing, he said "because my dog was quite old and he was suffering of senile" :blink:  See how atheist logic can be incredibly dangerous. Atheist persons can justify anything in their minds.

4 hours ago, Altai said:

This news reminds me a British person living in Turkiye who was killed his dog by beating it with a shovel, when people ask why he did such an evil thing, he said "because my dog was quite old and he was suffering of senile" :blink:  See how atheist logic can be incredibly dangerous. Atheist persons can justify anything in their minds.

How do you know he's an atheist?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

How do you know he's an atheist?

The same way how you know that every single living creatures are Muslims who live somewhere at the east side of invisible line between Europe and Turkiye :lol:

Edited by Altai

Atheism and Christianity at work again; 

Canada's women shelters are filled their capacity and about 100 women are turned away each month only in one city named Hamilton. 

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/doreen-nicoll/2016/11/policy-makers-need-to-understand-lived-experience-when-it-comes#.WC26VUdqnrk.twitter

1 minute ago, Altai said:

Canada's women shelters are filled their capacity and about 100 women are turned away each month only in one city named Hamilton. 

Yes, providing shelter for battered women regardless of their religion. Unfortunately there are way too many battered women to house, what are you doing to help?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37908782

A 62-year-old woman in western Turkey faces a possible jail sentence for throwing a plastic slipper at her son during a family row.

Hasan Guzel complained to the police about his mother Senay and she was charged for "use of a weapon" with intent to cause injury.

Under Article 86 of the penal code, she could get two to five years in jail.

"I just took it off and threw it... I missed," she told Dogan news agency. She lives near the city of Denizli.

"He came to beat me and I threw the slipper," she told police.

Is this one Christian or atheist?  The article doesn't say, so by Altai logic, he is automatically Christian or atheist.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, providing shelter for battered women regardless of their religion. Unfortunately there are way too many battered women to house, what are you doing to help?

I would like to help them and I will help them one day in the future inshallah (means if Allah allows) but this topic have nothing with helping people. This absurt topic is a reaction for another absurd topic "This week in Islam" and content should be convenient with its aim.

5 hours ago, Altai said:

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/doreen-nicoll/2016/11/policy-makers-need-to-understand-lived-experience-when-it-comes#.WC26VUdqnrk.twitter

We should expect the increase in battered women when we're importing people who believe that beating women into submission is just the normal thing to do.  Too bad, political correctness doesn't identify the perpetrator's races and religious affiliation.

The number would be  higher (the numbers don't show them), due to the fact that women of a certain group are less likely to try to escape their fate (and some believe that they are nothing more than chattels.)

It's a good thing there's a lot of effort being made to help battered women in Canada.  It's good that we have women shelters in Canada......which would be most likely non-existent in certain countries (unless some Christian organizations secretly have them underground).

The Secret Shelter

Edited by betsy

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37908782

Is this one Christian or atheist?  The article doesn't say, so by Altai logic, he is automatically Christian or atheist.

Muslims tend to throw shoes....  just ask GW Bush...

• 2 weeks later...

The entire premises of the dialogue I have read from Altai appears to be an opportunity for Altai to  insult people who believe  in the religions listed in the heading  by Altai , because Altai  believes followers of these religions listed  insult  Muslims the way she now insults Christians and atheists, etc.

I would argue that renders the dialogue purile, petulant, childish, hateful, and  pointless. because nothing but insults or name calling is solicited by  using such a premises for dialogue.

Edited by Rue