How Fake News Goes Viral

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

The part where they did fake indigenous chants in the guy's face. What part of the original video was unfair to them?

It was their school spirit dance, modeled after the All Blacks, which in turn is modeled after New Zealand native war dances.

And how the hell did they know who this guy was anyway? It's not like he was doing some kind of solemn religious ceremony. He walked up to them out of nowhere pounding his drum and chanting at them while his friends stuck cameras in their faces, and another told the kids they didn't belong in America because they were white.

Edited by Argus

On 1/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, BubberMiley said:

Actually I harped mostly about the chaperones, but what's your point?

That kind of proves my point, you are singling out one group more than the others.  No thoughts on the racist black people shouting 'incest babies' at the catholic kids?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Phillips_(activist)

This guy claims he was a Vietnam Vet, but was never deployed. Well that's gotta set the tone for everything else he says.

Born in 1954, and said he would have just turned 18 when the USA pulled out of Vietnam in 1973.  He keeps saying his is a Vietnam Vet, but yet was never deployed.

Phillips is a US Military veteran who served in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves from 20 May 1972 to 5 May 1976[9], though he never deployed to Vietnam.[10] From October 1972 to February 1973, he was an anti-tank missileman (infantry). He then served as a refrigerator technician for the remainder of his service. According to a FOIA response, Phillips was on active duty from 12 August 1974 to 5 May 1976 and was released as a private following disciplinary issues, including three AWOL incidents.[11][12][13][14]

He'd not all on the up and up from what it seems.

Now trust me, I am no fan of Trump other than he is my favorite political train wreck that keeps on giving.  But the media really tried to pin this all on the MAGA kids and not show the fake activist and the racist blacks shouting at the kids.

The blacks and their words

'Your President is a homosexual'

'This is a bunch of future school shooters'

'Ya'll only got one nigger in the crowd'

Natives then get in the KIDS faces. And since there was no context for what the natives were doing at that point, was is the kids that got in the natives faces? Nope looks like the other way around. And the black group is STILL yelling insults at them. That white kid every one wants to punch and dox CLEARLY had the most restraint to the point you can clearly see him signaling to people in his group to shut up.

Now it looks like the facts are not what MSM reported, not surprising.

It's not even called 'sloppy journalism' , you can simply call it FAKE NEWS. Meaning you have seen the agenda in plain view.

And we have lots of videos online as to the mentality and actions of these black Israelites.  They spew a lot of hate. Spreading more hate longer than these kids have been alive. The second video shows more of what this group said on camera.

So now it looks like the kid that Nathan beat his drum at, is not the one to blame at all here.   And your notion is still with the chaperones of the kids that are the worst actors, and I am not seeing that anywhere in the videos.

The actions and words are all there to see and hear. But since the media wants to throw up articles that do not show the truth and have a huge slant on things. The real problem is not the video or the actions of each group in the video. It's about the MSM agenda to give you a story that is FALSE and done on PURPOSE.  This was not an accident.

Fake vets, fake activists, fake story, fake fake fake.  IF you are so easily duped on THIS, then what else are you being duped about? Could be nothing more than a social experiment on top of being all fake news.  Yeah that never happens, right?

Here is a vid close to 10 mins .... seems unedited. Don't take MY words for it!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This was a really stupid story through and through.  It's all symbolism and the version of the story you fell for reveals your tribal affiliations.  

The focus should not be the story itself, but how the media got you to think a long those tribal lines through purposeful manipulation and outright fabrication of what took place. And it worked. Look past the story and go for what this means for the media. And what it means to your faith and trust in those news organizations.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

The focus should not be the story itself, but how the media got you to think a long those tribal lines through purposeful manipulation and outright fabrication of what took place. And it worked. Look past the story and go for what this means for the media. And what it means to your faith and trust in those news organizations.

It didn't get me to think anything.  I don't think that they planted stories about groups of fighting douchebags for any reason other than to get attention.  

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It didn't get me to think anything.  I don't think that they planted stories about groups of fighting douchebags for any reason other than to get attention.  

Are you talking about the media?  The media does not plant stories that are fake?  You sure ? 

Edited by GostHacked

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, GostHacked said:

That kind of proves my point, you are singling out one group more than the others.  No thoughts on the racist black people shouting 'incest babies' at the catholic kids?

Yeah, but nobody was defending those guys and trying to pretend they were totally innocent.

22 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Are you talking about the media?  The media does not plant stories that are fake?  You sure ? 

Do you have examples? In this one, they reported all the facts, as they received them, about a real social media event, so it doesn't really cut it.

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Yeah, but nobody was defending those guys and trying to pretend they were totally innocent.

No one was defending because the media was outright attacking the kids.  Look at how Savannah Guthrie  from CBS handled the interview with Nathan Phillips and how she handled it with Nick Sandmann.  Softballing Philips in one interview and sympathizing with a known fake, but then attacking Nick in the other interview. Total bullshit.

Absolute bullshit reporting to create division among people. That's their goal. And we have caught them in the act of it.

The way I see it , the kids were innocent. The video seems to prove exactly that. But the media still ran with the notion the catholic kids were in the wrong. Evidence shows that this was not the case.

To point out once again (as it seems to elude some people)  this story is about how the news media purposefully put out a fake story and not the incident itself.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

They reported on the viral social media video and then reported on the additional videos as they became available. And once again, the people who complain that the MSM isn't reporting the same BS as their Facebook feeds are grasping at straws.

It would have taken 10 minutes of viewing the original video to show that this was all bullshit. The media failed to report the news, and failed to VET the information. Not lazy journalism as I said ..this was all done on purpose.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GostHacked said:

It would have taken 10 minutes of viewing the original video to show that this was all bullshit. The media failed to report the news, and failed to VET the information. Not lazy journalism as I said ..this was all done on purpose.

Was  it a vast coordinated conspiracy or was it one of those improvised conspiracies?

46 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Was  it a vast coordinated conspiracy or was it one of those improvised conspiracies?

It seems quite obvious that the media wanted to push an agenda. Now they've been caught they had to back track. So yes they did conspire to not do their due diligence and vet a story coming from Twitter.  They wanted to pit the three groups against each other and allow that to carry over to the general public where they were duped to think a certain way.

The media showed you FULL well what their agenda is and that is to create division among us so we fight with each other instead of taking the media and government to task. We are distracted by this because they want us to be distracted and not understand what is really going on.

I've been saying this for a long time now and we get more evidence of media manipulation all the time. It's called propaganda for a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

1) It seems quite obvious that the media wanted to push an agenda.

2) The media showed you FULL well what their agenda is and that is to create division among us so we fight with each other instead of taking the media and government to task.

3) We are distracted by this because they want us to be distracted and not understand what is really going on.

4) I've been saying this for a long time now and we get more evidence of media manipulation all the time. It's called propaganda for a reason.

1) Be more specific.  How is that different from the agenda all of us have ?

2) So getting 'caught' caused more fighting and helped their 'agenda' more ?

3) Why is it in their interest to distract us ?  If we were interested in hard-core facts of governance why would they NOT supply that ?

4) Getting the definition of loaded words like 'agenda' will help separate a discussion of 1)the flaws of a system based only on self-interest and 2)tinfoil nonsense.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Be more specific.  How is that different from the agenda all of us have ?

We don't have media outlets to push our agenda.

2) So getting 'caught' caused more fighting and helped their 'agenda' more ?

They were outright fucking lazy by running with an unvetted tweet that went viral. 

3) Why is it in their interest to distract us ?  If we were interested in hard-core facts of governance why would they NOT supply that ?

Because as long as you talk about the people in the story and not how you are being manipulated. They win.

4) Getting the definition of loaded words like 'agenda' will help separate a discussion of 1)the flaws of a system based only on self-interest and 2)tinfoil nonsense.

Identity politics. 

IF there was a good story about all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds living together.. I wonder why THAT would not be viral news. Nope you always ge the bad shit to go viral.

So what was it, lazy journalism? Or something else. Considering ALL the news media ran with the viral tweet to start.

There is a reason they ALL sound the same :

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

1) We don't have media outlets to push our agenda.

2)  They were outright fucking lazy by running with an unvetted tweet that went viral. 

3) Because as long as you talk about the people in the story and not how you are being manipulated. They win.

4) Identity politics. IF there was a good story about all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds living together.. I wonder why THAT would not be viral news. Nope you always ge the bad shit to go viral.  So what was it, lazy journalism? Or something else. Considering ALL the news media ran with the viral tweet to start.  There is a reason they ALL sound the same :

1) Ok, so if that's the difference then I guess you think we *would* have the same agenda, and do the same things if we had the means.  That means we're morally the same, we just don't have the same resources ?  Ok then.

2) Being 'lazy' is a reasonable criticism.  I wouldn't say it, as I don't know how much they looked into this but given that footage showed up pretty soon after the *initial* footage I would say your criticism is likely on the mark.

3) They win ... what ?  What do they want ?  I think they want ratings which, again, is why the extension of the controversy doesn't impact one of their main goals: getting attention.

4) I think it's that fighting/outrage/negativity via identity politics sells.  Maybe we're on the same page because I agree that that is their agenda.  But this too shall pass.  People will get sick of it and move on.  They have before, and they will again.  

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Ok, so if that's the difference then I guess you think we *would* have the same agenda, and do the same things if we had the means.  That means we're morally the same, we just don't have the same resources ?  Ok then.

My agenda is not about manipulation via fake news.

2) Being 'lazy' is a reasonable criticism.  I wouldn't say it, as I don't know how much they looked into this but given that footage showed up pretty soon after the *initial* footage I would say your criticism is likely on the mark.

3) They win ... what ?  What do they want ?  I think they want ratings which, again, is why the extension of the controversy doesn't impact one of their main goals: getting attention.

The ratings are secondary to getting the message out. And if they have to lie about it to make headlines, then they will.

4) I think it's that fighting/outrage/negativity via identity politics sells.  Maybe we're on the same page because I agree that that is their agenda.  But this too shall pass.  People will get sick of it and move on.  They have before, and they will again. 

It wont pass as this has been going on for decades. We just now have the means to fact check them faster than they can fact check themselves.

People wont get sick of it, because for the most part we wont do a damn thing about it other than complain, this is what they are betting on, and they always seem to win on that bet.

The video I posted shows how bad the media is. You think you get a  'local' feel to the news, when we clearly see that it's cookie cutter and handed down from a central authority. And the 'local' groups will just run with it without vetting or even a single question.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:10 AM, GostHacked said:

1) My agenda is not about manipulation via fake news.

2) The ratings are secondary to getting the message out. And if they have to lie about it to make headlines, then they will.

3) It wont pass as this has been going on for decades. We just now have the means to fact check them faster than they can fact check themselves.

4) People wont get sick of it, because for the most part we wont do a damn thing about it other than complain, this is what they are betting on, and they always seem to win on that bet.

5) The video I posted shows how bad the media is. You think you get a  'local' feel to the news, when we clearly see that it's cookie cutter and handed down from a central authority. And the 'local' groups will just run with it without vetting or even a single question.

1) It seems it's because, as you said above: "We don't have media outlets to push our agenda."

2) Ok - then SOMEBODY is losing money and SOMEBODY is paying the freight.  Who ?  It's your theory - give us the missing part.  If I had billions of dollars to invest, why would a buy a news network and NOT care about ratings ?  Whose agenda and why ?  

3) You're right, it won't pass but it will subside drastically.  You can't keep escalating the culture wars, and they will subside either slowly or through a cataclysm.

4) We will have an alternative, and we will go to that.  This has already happened in the history of mass media so it will happen again.

5) The central authority is on its deathbed.  There are 2.3 monthly active users of Facebook.