How Fake News Goes Viral

What is incredible is that some are doubling down and calling for a "national debate" (code for we know there are lawyers about and if we admit we're wrong or guilty, we're f**ked.) rather than apologizing and admitting their role in this...well, let's face it...crime.

Throw the kids down the well to save what little face they have.

8 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Wash Post just issued a retraction for their fake-news article which claimed the Native drummer fought in Vietnam. 

He'd have been VERY young. The Residual Force numbered in the hundreds (73-75)...somebody must have bothered to check the records. Any earlier, too young to volunteer. Draft was over by then (1972).

After watching the full video (and I won't get that hour back), I don't see how this expanded context changes much at all. They were still rude, aggressive punks looking for a confrontation with totally irresponsible chaperones seemingly egging them on. Nobody has explained how the longer video changes anything, other than that the five Black Israelite guys started the whole thing. There were still 50 kids aggressively swarming the Native elder, just as was reported in social media.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

After watching the full video (and I won't get that hour back), I don't see how this expanded context changes much at all. They were still rude, aggressive punks looking for a confrontation with totally irresponsible chaperones seemingly egging them on. Nobody has explained how the longer video changes anything, other than that the five Black Israelite guys started the whole thing. There were still 50 kids aggressively swarming the Native elder, just as was reported in social media.

I guess you missed the part where the Native Elder (angels sing) walked over with his cameramen and waded into the boys as they waited for the bus.

But no worries...you didn't need to see that part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

He'd have been VERY young. The Residual Force numbered in the hundreds (73-75)...somebody must have bothered to check the records. Any earlier, too young to volunteer. Draft was over by then (1972).

Others noticed the discrepancy too, but the thing is this guy Phillips has used this as a fund raiser in documentaries - he is less and less credible all the time.

Meanwhile the school is still closed today because of death threats.   So sad to see how the media et al keep pushing a lie.

I guess you missed the part where the Native Elder (angels sing) walked over with his cameramen and waded into the boys as they waited for the bus.

But no worries...you didn't need to see that part

Must've also missed the part where the other Native guy was making bigoted comments to the kids. 

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Others noticed the discrepancy too, but the thing is this guy Phillips has used this as a fund raiser in documentaries - he is less and less credible all the time.

Meanwhile the school is still closed today because of death threats.   So sad to see how the media et al keep pushing a lie.

He's a "professional protester". This isn't the first time he has targeted students, either.

But the suit fits, so our friends on the left think he is Jesus coming down to save them all from the evil MAGA hat kids.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Well to start with 'swarming' implies they moved. They didn't. The natives moved in among them. What were they supposed to do? Run away?

Which begs the question: who was looking for a confrontation, the kids just standing there doing school chants, or the media savvy activist adult accompanied by several guys with cameras, wading in among them playing his drum in their faces?

A lot of people point out how close that kid was. But it wasn't him that moved into the Indian's face, it was the indian moving into the kid's face.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well to start with 'swarming' implies they moved. They didn't. The natives moved in among them. What were they supposed to do? Run away?

Which begs the question: who was looking for a confrontation, the kids just standing there doing school chants, or the media savvy activist adult accompanied by several guys with cameras, wading in among them playing his drum in their faces?

A lot of people point out how close that kid was. But it wasn't him that moved into the Indian's face, it was the indian moving into the kid's face.

You must have missed the part with the 50 kids doing the war dance in his face, apparently with their teachers' permission.  

You must have missed the part with the 50 kids doing the war dance in his face, apparently with their teachers' permission.  

After he waded into the crowd with his cameramen drumming in people's faces. How many cameramen do you travel with, btw?

A bunch of kids waiting for a bus, doing nothing wrong, who started doing school chants, one of whom does nothing but stand in front of an aggressive protester (s) who is pounding a drum an inch from his nose is 'shitty' behaviour ?     Facts coming out now show that Phillips is a professional agitator and liar which conforms now for me that he is not the innocent victim in this. 

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

How does his behaviour make their behaviour better? I'm just saying the students were acting like jerks, apparently with school permission. You are free to defend their shitty behaviour.

They are free to chant their school cheers to drown out the racism directed at them. A good choice rather than beating the ever-luvin' sheet out of all transgressors involved...as they most certainly deserved a good beating for the racist trash they were spouting.

You're free to defend THAT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

What they were doing was a school spirit thing modeled after the New Zealand All Black rugby team. That, in turn, is based on a native New Zealand war dance, which Phillips observed in one of the interviews, and said that was one of the reasons he came over, because it offended him seeing a bunch of white kids 'appropriating' it.

But again, you're ignoring the fact the students didn't move. This adult man moved right in against them, holding his drum up to within inches of that boys face, while his colleagues beside him took video. Don't tell me they weren't looking to provoke the kids in the MAGA caps so they could get good video. They clearly were, as evidenced from the clearly recorded words of one of them yelling that Europeans don't belong in America and they should go back to Europe

• Like 2

Their chaperones were free to act responsibly and avoid confrontations, but they chose not to.

This seems like a classic example of people's shitty behaviour being amplified and used as a tool by those who are intent on driving a wedge in western society (from both sides, and probably Russia). You just take sides and play along, just like you're supposed to do.

You're free to say everybody was acting like a jerk, and the teachers should be more responsible with their students.

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

How does his behaviour make their behaviour better? I'm just saying the students were acting like jerks, apparently with school permission. You are free to defend their shitty behaviour.

A group of Black men were shouting insults and obscenities at them, then these strange men come right in among them pounding drums and further insulting them. I'm struggling to understand why you think the kids were acting in a shitty manner. If I walk up to you pounding a drum in your face, holding it up right by your nose, are you going to be polite and respectful?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So...how many cameramen do you travel with, scribblet? Six? Seven? Horrors....none?

Horrors of horrors - none but I do have a cell phone which I rarely use...   :lol:         and I guess people are free to give the badly behaved adults and  adult bigots in the room a free pass because - more horrors - the kids wore Maga hats and did some school cheers...     kids never do stuff like that do they  

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

What they were doing was a school spirit thing modeled after the New Zealand All Black rugby team. That, in turn, is based on a native New Zealand war dance, which Phillips observed in one of the interviews, and said that was one of the reasons he came over, because it offended him seeing a bunch of white kids 'appropriating' it.

It seems all sides were being aggressive. The teenagers do have an excuse by the fact that they're teenagers (and not black teenagers), but their teachers certainly don't.

Their chaperones were free to act responsibly and avoid confrontations, but they chose not to.

This seems like a classic example of people's shitty behaviour being amplified and used as a tool by those who are intent on driving a wedge in western society (from both sides, and probably Russia). You just take sides and play along, just like you're supposed to do.

You're free to say everybody was acting like a jerk, and the teachers should be more responsible with their students.

I think I've made my opinion of MAGA and Trump fairly clear over the past couple of years. So it's not like I'm taking 'my side'. I just don't understand what you expected these kids to do. As to the adults, I'm not sure why they didn't move them away when these 'hebrew isrealites' or whatever they call themselves started shouting obscenities and insults unless it was that they had to stay there because that was where the bus was going to meet them.

As to the natives. I don't know that the adults understood what was going on with them any more than the kids did. They just walked up and started drumming. None of the kids threatened them or cursed them, and I doubt the chaperones from Kentucky are all that media savvy.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

A group of Black men were shouting insults and obscenities at them, then these strange men come right in among them pounding drums and further insulting them. I'm struggling to understand why you think the kids were acting in a shitty manner. If I walk up to you pounding a drum in your face, holding it up right by your nose, are you going to be polite and respectful?

It would seem many on the Left feel that the boys STARTED this by wearing MAGA hats. A crime punishable by...well...ask Kathy Griffin. She has a plan.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm going to walk away. And if it happened to kids in my care, I would make sure they did too.

4 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

It seems all sides were being aggressive. The teenagers do have an excuse by the fact that they're teenagers (and not black teenagers), but their teachers certainly don't.

I can assume you don't travel with cameramen in tow?

The kids were not being 'aggressive', they were teenagers milling around and changing school songs...

Easy to say you would walk away, but there where a lot of people there, and the kids were at an appointed place waiting for a bus, they could hardly walk away - and to where..    Phillips was the adult in the room who should've known better but then he was there to instigate and provoke.   He should be charged with inciting hatred at least but that won't happen because it wouldn't be politically correct ( as should the 'black Israelites').   It's coming back on Phillips tho, but the kids are being threatened, the parents are being harassed  and quite likely ruin careers and lives forever - why - mainly because the media didn't do it's job. 

Edited by scribblet