Trump and Canada

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

Actually, a lot of people go on vacation.  Others guzzle beer.  Yet others collect many many firearms.  It's all about priorities.

You're free to think those poor folk are just not budgeting properly...t'is the privileged attitude to have.

The great unwashed...why don't they just eat cake??

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to think those poor folk are just not budgeting properly...t'is the privileged attitude to have.

I get to see what they spend money on - I'm quite sure I know what they're doing with it.  I make an average salary and go on 3 fly away vacations a year.  

10 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I get to see what they spend money on - I'm quite sure I know what they're doing with it.  I make an average salary and go on 3 fly away vacations a year.  

Do you support a family and have a mortgage in a urban center?

22 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

What of it? Did Harper vacation every 6 weeks?

Harper regularly went to professional sporting events (mostly hockey), he travelled to his son's volleyball games, made many personal trips to florida, new york, california, etc. 

There is no difference between these and Trudeau going skiing, or taking the family to see Bonhomme Carnival. They are not vacations, they are day/evening outings. Only a rabid partisan would consider them vacations in either case.

Just now, ?Impact said:

Harper regularly went to professional sporting events (mostly hockey), he travelled to his son's volleyball games, made many personal trips to florida, new york, california, etc. 

There is no difference between these and Trudeau going skiing, or taking the family to see Bonhomme Carnival. They are not vacations, they are day/evening outings. Only a rabid partisan would consider them vacations in either case.

Define regularly with supporting evidence..........how many vacations did Harper (or Martin, Chretien, etc etc) take within their first ~year as Prime Minister?

1 hour ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Define regularly with supporting evidence..........how many vacations did Harper (or Martin, Chretien, etc etc) take within their first ~year as Prime Minister?

I don't know, there are no left wing nutcases like Lilly/Levant running around tabulating every move of the Prime Minister. Probably because there are not a lot of left wing loons who lap up that trash.

Just now, Smallc said:

A lot of people  that go on vacation do.  Is success a bad thing now? 

You didn't answer the question........you pegged yourself as an average income earner that goes on three "fly-away" vacations a year and that's fine (I assume you don't have kids and a mortgage, nor live in a larger city), but I would hazard a guess that average income earning Canadians, with kids and that live in a larger city don't......if someone living in Metro Vancouver or Toronto does manage but one trip (and has kids) its likely on credit.

38 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I don't know, there are no left wing nutcases like Lilly/Levant running around tabulating every move of the Prime Minister. Probably because there are not a lot of left wing loons who lap up that trash.

Are you suggesting nobody complained when Harper traveled? Regardless, I'll take your distraction as confirmation that your rant on Harper's numbers of vacations compared to Trudeau as baseless hyperbole.

-------------

I'll leave it there, I have no idea what this tangent has to do with this thread.

8 minutes ago, Bryan said:

If you think that cold hard facts are "leaps of logic", that explains your positions on a lot of issues around here. He took ten vacations in one year, period.

Except that he didn't, and to say so is to be completely dishonest.

Trump is now going after Toyota production in Mexico for import to the U.S. market.   He is using the same threats that some Canadians make about U.S. corps producing autos in Ontario or face Yuuuuge tariffs on imports from the United States.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-tweet-toyota-tax-1.3922761

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump is now going after Toyota production in Mexico for import to the U.S. market.

Yes, it appears that NAFTA is dead. Time to put massive import duties on all American goods, and focus on Europe. Since the California aquifer is dried up, we will need to get our fresh produce from Spain instead. That new port in Sydney is looking better all the time.

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, it appears that NAFTA is dead. Time to put massive import duties on all American goods, and focus on Europe. Since the California aquifer is dried up, we will need to get our fresh produce from Spain instead. That new port in Sydney is looking better all the time.

Agreed...scrap NAFTA now !    Canada and Mexico have had easy access to the much larger and profitable U.S. market for a long time.

Please name one major Canadian or Mexican owned auto manufacturer.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...scrap NAFTA now !    Canada and Mexico have had easy access to the much larger and profitable U.S. market for a long time.

Canada is a large consumer of American goods. You keep talking about China, yet they sell to America but buy very little.

Just now, ?Impact said:

Canada is a large consumer of American goods. You keep talking about China, yet they sell to America but buy very little.

China is now #1 U.S. trade partner....Canada is fading fast.    GM builds more cars in China than in the U.S.

Canada should have diversified years ago....can only blame itself for depending on the U.S. market and capital investment for so long.

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Since the California aquifer is dried up, we will need to get our fresh produce from Spain instead.

Yes now that Ogalla is dry, (and of course things will only get worse with Trump's knowledge of AGW) we should be able to sell tons of water to the US. 

On 1/5/2017 at 1:28 PM, Smallc said:

'Fly-away" vacations - you mean out of the country? 

What "averaged salary" is that?  Federal employee?   

Edited by betsy

On 1/6/2017 at 0:22 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Can we have a Trade?  People?

Exchange citizens?  All who hate Trump policies come to Canada, and Trump supporters go to the USA?  :lol:

Edited by betsy