Bush-Chaney rumoured to be moving to Canada

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure isn't...Steven Harper does not have a vagina last time I checked.

One has to wonder what kind of vagina Bernie Sanders must have to have lost to Hillary's vagina.

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

Mostly because this woman didn't happen to fit the male mold of what a woman should be.

So two women (kimmy and bcchick) are telling you they don't think the election was driven by sexism so much as other factors. And here you are being all like "don't worry your pretty little heads about it, I know better". Mansplain some more? :P 

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe, but Silver blew it on the GOP primaries too.    Trump was never suppose to win by his numbers.

I'm sure Trump agrees with him.  Silver was, again, the closest of anyone.  The balance of probability simply didn't break down the way the models predicted.

I mean, 100K people in 3 states could have changed the outcome, so....

Just now, Smallc said:

I'm sure Trump agrees with him.  Silver was, again, the closest of anyone.  The balance of probability simply didn't break down the way the models predicted.

I mean, 100K people in 3 states could have changed the outcome, so....

Whatever....Silver was exposed for the inherent limitations of his methods and models.

Of course there are limitations to the model.  Who argued that there weren't?  Silver over and over again cautioned that there was a large chance that Trump could do what he did - win the electoral college, and not the popular vote.

48 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Finally, I think you're coming back to reality.

I'm getting pretty sick of you continuously implying that the only reason I supported Hillary is that she's female.

First off, if you go check on the "Democratic Primaries" thread, you'll find that I was on Team Bernie right until the bitter end, so that alone kills your scummy, dishonest narrative.

Second, I didn't support Hillary in the general election because she's a woman, I supported her because Trump is a piece of garbage with disastrous policies.

Third, I'm also pretty tired of hearing that having a female candidate was "an angle".

Fourth, also pretty tired of hearing you constantly trivialize Trump's behavior towards women, as if calling Rosie O'Donnell "fat" or calling Hillary "nasty" was all that women were mad about.

-k

23 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Of course there are limitations to the model.  Who argued that there weren't?  Silver over and over again cautioned that there was a large chance that Trump could do what he did - win the electoral college, and not the popular vote.

Silver was a side show for people who enjoy such things.   He is just a footnote. 

Michael Moore said the same thing, and he didn't need probability distributions to do it.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Silver was a side show for people who enjoy such things.   He is just a footnote. 

Michael Moore said the same thing, and he didn't need probability distributions to do it.

Michael Moore has accurately been described as a Sack of S--- for his support of the appaently unsupportable. Wasn't his first movie about Flint Michigan and the effects of Globalism?

You bet it was.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Michael Moore has accurately been described as a Sack of S--- for his support of the appaently unsupportable. Wasn't his first movie about Flint Michigan and the effects of Globalism?

You bet it was.

People might be inclined to ignore everything Michael Moore says, for obvious reasons, but he did predict Trump would win, a long before everybody else did.

His movie about Flint factory closures is probably why he spotted what Trump was doing a long time before most people. Everybody else was talking about Trump's appeal to alienated Rust Belt workers on November 9, Moore was talking about it in July.

He wrote a 5 point memo to Democrats after the election, and while 3 of the points are partisan stuff, I think two of them are pretty astute.

2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn't let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must "heal the divide" and "come together." They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.

4. Everyone must stop saying they are "stunned" and "shocked". What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren't paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all "You're fired!" Trump's victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.

-k

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

I would more expect men to understand (in their heart of hearts) that sexism was a large part of what lost Clinton the election.  I doubt women disliked her for that reason...though there are probably some.

See, this is where words matter.  In my post to Rue I said I'm sure for some people her gender played a role but on the list of things that brought her down I'd put her gender pretty low.  You are the one who said her gender is and I quote "mostly" the reason she lost. 

Where I am taking into account many factors (as stated earlier) your view oversimplifies tens of millions of votes down to one.  It's one-dimensional and doesn't take into account all the many many things wrong Hillary the candidate.

She was a lot like John Kerry - a wealthy person out of touch with their base, not charismatic in the least, and running her campaign on how bad the other guy is.  She had the added bonus of having a controversial past, wikileaks and a divided DNC.

Face it, the issue was way more complex than her vagina.