Bush-Chaney rumoured to be moving to Canada

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

That is a good question. I think there are many reasons, but the never ending hate and lies spread by team Trump were certainly front and centre there as well. 

Were I a Democrat in the US, that would have been the number one reason I would have gone out and voted.

(not that I would need that of course)

It's not the Democrats who failed to vote that was the problem.  It was the Deplorables who did.  No-one likes to be insulted.

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

What if you were an undecided, for that is the group that sways the election.

I've no idea, for I was decided.  Given the run up, I can't imagine an undecided voter going out for Trump.  Unless it was just because they would obviously be so utterly stupid to do so, according to SNL and Joss Whedon.

49 minutes ago, Smallc said:

If the right 230,000 people had voted differently, she wouldn't have lost the election - that was the point.

I don't need to read minds to understand the human condition.  I used to be so naive myself.

Uh...no...these things are fought at the state level. Millions didn't vote for various reasons...as per usual. Had more Democrats got off of their rear-ends, then they'd have had their Queen Hillary the First. Alas...

As for point two: it was folks such as yourself pretending to understand the human condition that got us here. N'est pas?

Trump didn't have a chance...lol. Polls say Hillary by a landslide...heh. And so on...

Unfortunately for Team Hillary, that's not how Presidents get elected...is it?

No...it's via the Electoral College which was designed specifically to prevent states like California lording-it over the smaller ones...works, as we see.

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

No - it played a huge roll.  How much you wrote about it doesn't much matter.  I heard it every day from people on the street and the internet.  Even for the people who didn't state it as their reason, it was often a reason.  Some people (many men) don't want to be led by a women.

Well, I saw nothing of the like, and while I acknowledge that people IRL would not tell me they don't like a woman president, I do read forums and comments on many different types of political media.  Never once did I read someone bring up her gender for disliking her - it was always her perceived corruption (from the left-wingers) and/or Democratic affiliation (for the right-wingers).

Not one person on this anonymous forum said anything of the like either.  But sure, your unsubstantiated 'experiences' make a very compelling argument.  

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's not the Democrats who failed to vote that was the problem.  It was the Deplorables who did.  No-one likes to be insulted.

Partially true, but I don't think many outside the United States appreciate just how much Hillary Clinton was uniformly disliked by many people (not just voters), including Democrats, going back way before Donald Trump ever emerged on the scene.   Many women voted for Trump.  13% of black males voted for Trump.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Partially true, but I don't think many outside the United States appreciate just how much Hillary Clinton was uniformly disliked by many people (not just voters), including Democrats, going back way before Donald Trump ever emerged on the scene.   Many women voted for Trump.

They were lining-up for photos with Ted Nugent at one huge rally...after all the five point buck jokes.

55 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Well, I saw nothing of the like, and while I acknowledge that people IRL would not tell me they don't like a woman president, I do read forums and comments on many different types of political media.  Never once did I read someone bring up her gender for disliking her - it was always her perceived corruption (from the left-wingers) and/or Democratic affiliation (for the right-wingers).

Agreed... I don't think this was a rejection of the idea of a woman president. I think it was just a rejection of this particular woman.

-k

4 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I've never really understood the degree to which conservatives hate Hillary. It always seems like people are "still mad at her from the last movie".

But it isn't just conservatives.   Hillary Clinton has been disliked for a very long time by a large cross section of Americans, regardless of political leanings.   Outsiders cannot get a complete feel for this from watching American television or using Google.

3 hours ago, BC_chick said:

Yes, there are always plenty of 'reasons' that people dislike her.  Most of them being her vagina.

17 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Yes, there are always plenty of 'reasons' that people dislike her.  Most of them being her vagina.

Oh what a nice world you must live in where something so complex as the reason for millions and millions of votes can ("mostly") be summed up to something so simple of lack of penis.

Edited by BC_chick

2 hours ago, kimmy said:

Agreed... I don't think this was a rejection of the idea of a woman president. I think it was just a rejection of this particular woman.

-k

Mostly because this woman didn't happen to fit the male mold of what a woman should be.

15 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Oh what a nice world you must live in where something so complex as the reason for millions and millions of votes can ("mostly") be summed up to something so simple of lack of penis.

I didn't say it was the only reason people didn't vote for her - I said it was the reason that she didn't win.

I just find it funny that people were worried about the crooked woman, and not the more crooked man.

Edited by Smallc