Truddeau dresses as Arab for Halloween

Rue

Well how nice. There was Justin out last night with his children getting photos taken of

himself. Tee hee. He was dressed as an Arab.

Now imagine if he dressed as a Zulu warrior, African pygmy bushman, ultra-orthodox Jew,

etc.

Oh how wonderful he dresses like an ethnic he thinks is real cool man.

This for me typifies the inherent patronizing elitist idiot he is.

You have no problem him dressing up as an "Arab"?

That's nice. Next year I can't wait for him to dress up as

a Bangladeshi.

As a minority I find elitist snots dressing up as ethnics patronizing

bull manure. But hey when you are rich, sheltered and elitist, dressing

as an "Arab" is cool. I mean they are cool. They ride camels.

Interestingly his wife was not there all covered up as his wife and standing

10 feet behind him.

Excuse me if I puke. Prime Minister. What a joke.

Edited by Rue

This kind of thing is getting stupid. Criticize his choice if you like but isn't Halloween all about dressing up as something you aren't? Can an Arab now not dress up as any character from western culture. Don't want no Asians or Africans dressing up as Harry Potter or a knight in armour now, would we. What a stupid thing to find offensive.

Yes, this is stupid. 

The Little Prince is only the 4th most translated book ever: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

About a pilot who's plane goes down in the Sahara Desert hence the outfit.  And other stuff to do with drawing (hat/snake eating an elephant) blah blah blah. 

IOW: meh, stupid illiterate people and their stupid illiterate threads on this stupid illiterate forum..... [spoken with Samuel L. Jackson's "snakes on a plane" voice] 

44 minutes ago, overthere said:

cultural appropriation is A-OK if you are a privileged white man.

Was Sophie in blackface?

You have it backward, it is only not A-OK if you are a privileged white man. Western European dress and culture is the most culturally appropriated in history.

Blackface isn't cultural, it's racial. 

44 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

That's not an 'Arab costume'...

That's the pilot from 'The Little Prince' according to Justin...a story his son likes.

But yeah, he does look like TE Lawrence.

What's the matter with TE Lawrence? Wasn't he an instrumental character in the Arabs getting their independence from the Turks?

3 minutes ago, Wilber said:

What's the matter with TE Lawrence? Wasn't he an instrumental character in the Arabs getting their independence from the Turks?

The motivation for Britain was not to benefit the Arabs, what an amusing and quaint  idea!

The Brits needed to secure the Suez Canal, and more importantly to greatly diminish the authority/power of the Ottoman Empire in the entire region.  They succeeded in both, and the Brits came out of that buntoss with a lasting influence on both regional politics and a great big pool of a certain precious black liquid.guess what precious liquid.  They pretended to empower the Arab tribal leaders, knowing that they could and would either be both squashed and controlled after the war.  This was nearing the end of Empire for Britannia, they used to be very good at this game.

43 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Where did I say it was 'the matter'? I merely stated that JT looks like TE Lawrence.

Overthere gives an accurate summation of British interests in the region.

Um, Mr "Truddeau" [sic] was not dressed up as TE Lawrence. 

You can claim all the historical knowledge you want but if you can't grasp the fact that he was dressed as a character from a children's book written in 1943 then, well, .... cue Mr. Sam L. Jackson.... 

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Well how nice. There was Justin out last night with his children getting photos taken of

Now imagine if he dressed as a Zulu warrior, African pygmy bushman, ultra-orthodox Jew,

etc.

Or a creepy clown.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, overthere said:

The motivation for Britain was not to benefit the Arabs, what an amusing and quaint  idea!

The Brits needed to secure the Suez Canal, and more importantly to greatly diminish the authority/power of the Ottoman Empire in the entire region.  They succeeded in both, and the Brits came out of that buntoss with a lasting influence on both regional politics and a great big pool of a certain precious black liquid.guess what precious liquid.  They pretended to empower the Arab tribal leaders, knowing that they could and would either be both squashed and controlled after the war.  This was nearing the end of Empire for Britannia, they used to be very good at this game.

Yes. Many years ago I read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Should probably read it again sometime.

The Brits did use the Arabs and Lawrence but it was mutual. They both needed each other to defeat the Ottomans and both probably thought they could engineer the result. Lawrence was an oddball and very supportive of the Arab ambitions in spite of representing the British Army.

I am surprised that Halloween still exists at all  anymore in Canada with all those politically correct whiny babies crying out there about someone wearing something that may appear offensive to someone else. I am surprised that Christmas,Ester or Thanksgiving Holidays are not shut down because they may appear offensive to some other religion and culture. This is what happens when a country floods itself with every kind of religion, heritage, culture, language, and religion from the non-white world. Everything we celebrate in Canada today is fast going to change if we don't stop with this disasterous multiculturalism and immigration policy of ours that our politically correct pretend politicians keep pushing down the white peoples throat. Either these new immigrants drop their culture if they are going to live in Canada, and if they do not want too, then ship them back. Either a country like Canada and Canadians are going to fight and hold on to their culture and traditions or just give them all up for a mish-mash of other cultures and traditions so as to not have to offend anyone anymore? Canada needs to get back to it's original immigration policy back in the sixties or else Canada as we once knew it is doomed. 

4 hours ago, Rue said:

etc.

Oh how wonderful he dresses like an ethnic he thinks is real cool man.

This for me typifies the inherent patronizing elitist idiot he is.

You have no problem him dressing up as an "Arab"?

That's nice. Next year I can't wait for him to dress up as

a Bangladeshi.

As a minority I find elitist snots dressing up as ethnics patronizing

bull manure. But hey when you are rich, sheltered and elitist, dressing

as an "Arab" is cool. I mean they are cool. They ride camels.

Interestingly his wife was not there all covered up as his wife and standing

10 feet behind him.

Excuse me if I puke. Prime Minister. What a joke.

As a white guy, if I were to dress up as a Native Indian I would be called a racist for doing so even though there was no intent to try and appear or be racist.