Trudeau selling access for cash

Argus

Im a little surprised none of the local sycophants came here to mount a defence for, the clearly quite ready, PM Trudeau who admitted today to attending party fund raisers where he is lobbied by donors.  It just can't be true!  He spent the last month saying that it didn't happen.  Only Harper type evil would allow that sort of thing.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Why would anyone defend him?

Great question....  

They should get rid of the need for this type of fundraising completely and reinstate the  funding per vote model that Harper ruined. 

40 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Why would anyone defend him?

O because some have been, even while it was obvious he wasn't, and frankly couldn't be telling the truth, now that he has actually admitted to that, it would be nice to see his defenders continue to try to defend him.  I'm not sure why they would do that, perhaps you could ask them why they were, it's more likely that you would be better able to understand that mindset.

Edited by poochy

15 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

Great question....  

They should get rid of the need for this type of fundraising completely and reinstate the  funding per vote model that Harper ruined. 

Or or or....they could actually follow the rules they set out for themselves, you know, the rules of smug superiority over everything and anything conservative, rules in the vein of, "Canada is back".  I wonder though, when will the Harper is Hitler types start to apply that line of thinking to Trudeau, after all the lies he's told and promises broken in the first year we must be getting close, those types of people are very fair and reasonable after all, not like the lock her up gang, those people are CRAZY.  Then again, legal pot is coming, I suspect there is a strong correlation between the Hitler and pot demographics, so perhaps they have just forgotten to pay attention, hopefully for the liberals they remember to vote again next election.

11 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Great question....  

There is no demonstrated need for this kind of fundraising. Parties can fund themselves by soliciting donations from their members. If their members don't want to fund their party let the party die. I oppose making citizens give money to politicians so they can lobby us to vote for them.

4 hours ago, Argus said:

There is no demonstrated need for this kind of fundraising. Parties can fund themselves by soliciting donations from their members. If their members don't want to fund their party let the party die. I oppose making citizens give money to politicians so they can lobby us to vote for them.

Well Rona Ambrose is spending an inordinate amount of time bitching it the House of Commons about the Liberal party soliciting donations.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

The need is to fill party coffers in any legal way possible.  If this was made illegal and a better funding model was put in place, like the one Harper eliminated, then this wouldn't happen.

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Well Rona Ambrose is spending an inordinate amount of time bitching it the House of Commons about the Liberal party soliciting donations.

They're not Liberal party donations, they're donations TO the Liberal party from people affiliated with the Chinese government intended to buy the decisions they want.

Edited by Argus

18 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

The need is to fill party coffers in any legal way possible.  If this was made illegal and a better funding model was put in place, like the one Harper eliminated, then this wouldn't happen.

You are welcome to voluntarily donate as much of your income, presuming you have any, as you wish. I don't want mine being forcibly donated to political parties.

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

They're not Liberal party donations, they're donations TO the Liberal party from people affiliated with the Chinese government intended to buy the decisions they want.

They are donations to the Liberal party by Canadians, and subject to the federal financing rules - period.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You are welcome to voluntarily donate as much of your income, presuming you have any, as you wish. I don't want mine being forcibly donated to political parties.

That's what these people did as well with their $1500.  

I find it slimy regardless of which political party does it.  You find it slimy because they're Liberals.  

1 hour ago, The_Squid said:

That's what these people did as well with their $1500.  

I find it slimy regardless of which political party does it.  You find it slimy because they're Liberals.  

I would find it slimy if the tories were doing it too, particularly if they were taking it from foreign governments. I can't recall it ever being brought up in the media when the Tories were in power. I assume, given the hostility towards them from the media, that if they did it at all it was rare and much less controversial than taking $50,000 -$120,000 a pop from people affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party.

21 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Great question....  

I thought Harper made a mistake when he kill the pay per vote. 

But the people that were ruining Ontario a few short years ago are now Federals so why would they not take their slimy ways to a new level. 

52 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Most of them are gone now. Tony Clement is still around, but the bulk of the gang of misfits have left over the years.

I dream of the old ontario gang. God I miss Mike Harris.

What is left now are bunch of looters that drained Ontario and are now bending JT's ear. 

On 10/22/2016 at 9:04 AM, sharkman said:

She tried to get back to your topic, and you insisted on more Bill and Hilary info, are you sure you're done now with the Clintons?

At any rate, nobody will care what Trudeau does for at least another year.  What proved this for me was when it came out that there was no recession leading up to the election.  Shortly after this news, the Trudeau administration let it out that they were no longer going to go into deficit the promised 10 billion per year.  They increased it to 20-30 billion per year.  I think the media cheered, but at any rate, nobody cared.

Hey, the foolish ill-informed electorate out there who voted in the liberals federally and provincially are the ones to blame. The liberals only took advantage of the situation that they the sheeple gave them. Just about all politicians are crooks. They know it, and a few people with an ounce of brains knows it. Until these crooked politicians are held accountable for their wasteful spending habits and arrested and charged for the crime of blowing taxpayer's tax dollars nothing will ever change. The pilfering of our tax dollars will go on and on. Make  politicians accountable for their actions and maybe corruption and bribery and the theft of taxpayer's tax dollars will come to an end.

Just kidding pardner because I know that it ain't going to happen because the sheeple don't care. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Ash74 said:

What is left now are bunch of looters that drained Ontario and are now bending JT's ear. 

So, what do you and other people here think should be done with these lying and crooked Hillary types of politicians in all the levels of governments in this country? I know what I would do. And I know that some of those politicians would most likely be running of to some countries that has no extradition treaties with Canada. Me tough on crime. You betcha. 

Too bad the Ethics Commissioner waited until the Christmas break to haul Justin's ass in for chat about his pay for play - would have made for great watching in the House once the opposition parties got wind of his dressing down. 

"... the very clear principle laid down in the prime minister’s own instructions to ministers, which was not merely that “there should be no preferential access to government” given to contributors to the party, but that there should not even be the “appearance of preferential access.” The prime minister’s defence of his conduct would seem to be that how something appears to others is a matter of his own internal state of mind: if he himself does not believe there has been an exchange of preferential access for contributions to the Liberal party, neither will anyone else."

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/andrew-coyne-sordid-encounters-of-the-liberal-kind

On 12/14/2016 at 11:15 PM, Ash74 said:

Mike Harris caused inexcusable hardship to patients in hospitals with his attack on nurses. He caused inexcusable harm and pain to mentally ill people forcing them out on the streets due to cut backs. He was a bully.

He was no William Davis. True Conservatives do not depict the poor, the mentally ill, hard working nurses as evil as Harris did. He was a drunken hateful man and his henchman Guy DiGurnio or however you spell his name were  mean spirited.

Give me William Davis any day. For that matter David Crombie the former Mayor of Toronto. Now I share your disgust with Wynne and that McSquinty and that other gas bag Peterson and dare I say it, Wynne makes Bob Rae look competent compared to her.

Now getting back to this thread, all Prime Ministers have engaged in raising money for their parties by doing this sleeze bag prostitution shtick of charging to be sen with them. There's Justin being pimped out. Yah yah its only a date.

The difference is Justin stood up and spewed moral outrage at Harper and how the Liberals were so much better and he engages in the same prostitution.

Of course the exercise he engages in is hard to swallow.