The fentanyl epidemic - what to do?

30 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Ah now, I’m a free trader. Tariffs are a blunt instrument. 

On the contrary sir. The application of tariffs to the problem of fentanyl seems very precise. And of course you are a free trader, that is what the system taught you to believe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only effective anti-drug programme I have yet to see is in KSA.   When I get off of the plane in Riyadh and the first sign I see is "The penalty for dealing drugs is death" I feel comfortable being among some of the few people who actually understand the situation and deal with it effectively.

If over there on the left row of benches you think we can just hire a bunch more bureaucrats to tell kids and young adults to sing Kumbiah and all of their problems will just go away and they will stop using their drugs...while you continue to swill down your drug sold at government stores all over the place.  Let's face it: we live in a drug society.   We think sick care is done by taking a pill.   The think caffeine is just great.  We think alcohol is not really a drug.  etc. 

You CAN fix stupid or at least the Saudis can. 

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

By that doctrine we should just start decapitating Canadians at random.

Not at random.  But, public beheadings for murder, dealing drugs (which is essentially murder by stages), etc. would help return some kind of law and order.

Edited by cannuck

13 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Not at random.  But, public beheadings for murder, dealing drugs (which is essentially murder by stages), etc. would help return some kind of law and order.

Not actually, the KSA is lawless and there's plenty of chaos in Saudi Arabia, they are in a state of internal insurrection while getting their asses handed to them in Yemen.

The rule of a brutal absolute monarchy is not the rule of law, quite the opposite,  it's the rule of a brutal absolute monarchy.

It doesn't incite order but rather armed resistance and revolutionary war.

If it wasn't for America and Britain propping them up, the House of Saud would be overrun.

The Saudi army doesn't even fight, they just run away and/or get routed, despite having the best military hardware money can buy.

With the long term structural depression in the oil markets, the monarchy is running low on revenue.

Mid to long it's likely they will be overthrown, although not by Iran, more likely the Islamic State.

Edited by Dougie93

Hey, Cannuck, did you know multiple Saudi Princes have been arrested for smuggling tons of drugs into other countries?

Apparently the drug laws in Saudi Arabia do not apply to the 15,000 Saudi Princes and as a result they are the biggest drug smugglers of them all.

So much for Saudi Arabia not having a drug problem, apparently the government itself is actually the problem.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Hey, Cannuck, did you know multiple Saudi Princes have been arrested for smuggling tons of drugs into other countries?

Apparently the drug laws in Saudi Arabia do not apply to the 15,000 Saudi Princes and as a result they are the biggest drug smugglers of them all.

So much for Saudi Arabia not having a drug problem, apparently the government itself is actually the problem.

Eh oh, cannuck. 

If you can't win the War on Drugs with an absolute tyranny, how the hell are you going to win it? Not only won't you win it, no matter how much you crackdown on it, but you just imposed brutal repression just to fail real hard, good job. They can't even win the War on Drugs in prisons, so stop doubling down on derp.

Edited by Yzermandius19

28 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Eh oh, cannuck. 

If you can't win the War on Drugs with an absolute tyranny, how the hell are you going to win it? Not only won't you win it, no matter how much you crackdown on it, but you just imposed brutal repression just to fail real hard, good job. They can't even win the War on Drugs in prisons, so stop doubling down on derp.

What are we going to do with all the Canadians who would resist Cannuck's reign of terror?  We'd have to kill them, just like the Saudis would

Is Cannuck going to be the one who kills them?  He talks a big game, but is he a killer?  Or is someone like me gonna have to do his dirty work for him?

drug use destroys lives, and when it comes to some, kills them as well.  Giving them more support for their drug lifestyle (which is very much part of the culture of North America - especially the USA) is only making it worse, not better.   The Saudi princes don't sell their drugs in KSA, they, just as do the Latino cartels sell into the huge demand of our drug culture.   We have about 6 billion too many people on this planet, so, honestly, losing a few million who are there to exploit the societal weakness is really not a big deal.

Not my place to regulate or enforce.   It is what governments and the totally screwed up, ineffectual UN are there to do.  Most are too busy selling drugs to do anything about it.

13 hours ago, cannuck said:

Not my place to regulate or enforce.   It is what governments and the totally screwed up, ineffectual UN are there to do.  Most are too busy selling drugs to do anything about it.

Seems like typical nanny stater do gooderism hysteria whipped up by the ceaselessly hand wringing media.

276, 000 Canadians die each year, between 3,000 and 4,000 from opiate overdoses. 

1.4% of all deaths

Doesn't meet the definition of an epidemic, I'd say that's bullshit.

I mean right off the bat the use of the term epidemic is a glaring fallacy, epidemic means contagion, drug use is not contagious.

That should set your fake news alarm off;  government nanny police state self licking ice cream cone propaganda.

'Epidemic' removes personal responsibility from the equation and creates another rubric for national helicopter mommy to intervene.

This is all the media does all the time, its non stop fake news on behalf of entrenched interests both public and private sector.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Seems like typical nanny stater do gooderism hysteria whipped up by the ceaselessly hand wringing media.

276, 000 Canadians die each year, between 3,000 and 4,000 from opiate overdoses. 

1.4% of all deaths

Doesn't meet the definition of an epidemic, I'd say that's bullshit.

Don't care what kind of shit you call it, but IMHO nobody dealing drugs has any right to live.  Would make me feel all warm and fuzzy to see their brains splattered all over the wall.

1 minute ago, cannuck said:

Don't care what kind of shit you call it, but IMHO nobody dealing drugs has any right to live.  Would make me feel all warm and fuzzy to see their brains splattered all over the wall.

That's a little harsh, but if things went that way, I wouldn't stop at drug dealers, I would recruit and train an army and then start liquidating anyone who got in my way.

25 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Yet you only support this policy if someone else is doing the killing for you. How brave, lulz.

Prohibition didn't work, and you want to double down on the derp and side with Saudi Arabian tyranny, as long as you don't have to get your hands dirty and it's someone else's job.

You will just make the drug problem worse with your proposed "solution", and everyone else has to live in a Drug Warrior Prohibitionist Tyranny on top of it, just to pander to your delusions, good job.

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 hours ago, cannuck said:

What if it was your nephew/niece/son/daughter/doster/brother selling drugs to support their own drug habit?   Would you feel warm and fuzzy to have their brains splattered all over the wall?

15 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Personal responsibility, I use drugs, liquor and tobacky, and I pay the exorbitant taxes to cover the healthcare costs,  I don't want nor expect anyone to intercede on my behalf.

I also pay "exhortbitant taxes" to cover your health care from your use of drugs, liquor and tobacky.  True "personal responsibility" would have you paying the entirety of your own health care.  It looks to me like you're relying on the public health care system to take care of you, because everybody pays taxes, in part to help people like you who make poor choices, live longer or die more comfortably.  Your are an example of just the opposite of "personal responsibility", in my opinion.

But drug and alcohol use certainly explains your posting style - I've long suspected substance abuse was at play, thanks for confirming.

Edited by dialamah

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I also pay "exhortbitant taxes" to cover your health care from your use of drugs, liquor and tobacky.  True "personal responsibility" would have you paying the entirety of your own health care.  It looks to me like you're relying on the public health care system to take care of you, because everybody pays taxes, in part to help people like you who make poor choices, live longer or die more comfortably.  Your are an example of just the opposite of "personal responsibility", in my opinion.

But drug and alcohol use certainly explains your posting style - I've long suspected substance abuse was at play, thanks for confirming.

I pay vastly more taxes than you, no doubt.  Your puritanical attitude towards drinking and smoking is not surprising neither, gfy c@nt

/shrugs

13 hours ago, dialamah said:

What if it was your nephew/niece/son/daughter/doster/brother selling drugs to support their own drug habit?   Would you feel warm and fuzzy to have their brains splattered all over the wall?

Would feel bad about it, but when you choose a life of crime, you need to be prepared for the consequences.  If my kids had ever been so incredibly stupid, I would consider it to have been my fault for being soft on principals, values and personal responsibility.  Neither myself, and far more to the point my wife would ever have wandered over to the left side of life and the endless compromises that would be required.

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

Would feel bad about it, but when you choose a life of crime, you need to be prepared for the consequences.  If my kids had ever been so incredibly stupid, I would consider it to have been my fault for being soft on principals, values and personal responsibility.  Neither myself, and far more to the point my wife would ever have wandered over to the left side of life and the endless compromises that would be required.

Making the consequences more dire is not going to solve the drug problem. All you are doing is killing people for something that shouldn't even be illegal, and making the problem worse.

• Like 1