The fentanyl epidemic - what to do?

On 10/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

Making the consequences more dire is not going to solve the drug problem. All you are doing is killing people for something that shouldn't even be illegal, and making the problem worse.

Uh....selling drugs to kids and adults "shouldn't be illegal???????"  Geez, is your head f#cked up

6 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Uh....selling drugs to kids and adults "shouldn't be illegal???????"  Geez, is your head f#cked up

Selling drugs to kids, sure, that should be illegal.

Adults? Hell no, it shouldn't be illegal. They can decide on their own what to put in their body, if you don't approve, too bad for you, you don't get to have someone kill them with sanctioning of the state because of it. Don't like it, move to Saudi Arabia, stop trying to push totalitarian drug prohibitionist tyranny on others. If anyone's head is f*cked up, it's yours, not mine.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Selling drugs to kids fine. Adults? Hell no, they can decide on their own what to put in their body, if you don't approve, too bad for you.

It is not bad for me. l have no need nor desire to use intoxicants of any kind.

If our vastly overpopulated gene pool is ever going to be able to be reduced to a sustainable level, some of those who take advantage of such weakness of character as substance abuse should be the first to go.  Many of those who are careless abusers will take care of themselves - best they do so before reproducing.  Problem is: many addicts will take out the wrong people either when driving or robbing to finance their addiction.

5 minutes ago, cannuck said:

It is not bad for me. l have no need nor desire to use intoxicants of any kind.

If our vastly overpopulated gene pool is ever going to be able to be reduced to a sustainable level, some of those who take advantage of such weakness of character as substance abuse should be the first to go.  Many of those who are careless abusers will take care of themselves - best they do so before reproducing.  Problem is: many addicts will take out the wrong people either when driving or robbing to finance their addiction.

The world is not overpopulated, your Malthusian nonsense is not a good excuse for you to control what other people put in their bodies. Punish the addicts who take it out on other people by committing violent crimes, not the addicts who don't take it out on anyone but themselves.

If they aren't hurting you, you shouldn't be taking their rights away because some people on drugs are more likely to commit other crimes while on those drugs, your drug warrior dragnet will just make the problem worse. Punish the actual crimes, enough of the pre-crime punishments for doing drugs.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The world is not overpopulated, your Malthusian nonsense is not a good excuse for you to control what other people put in their bodies. Punish the addicts who take it out on other people by committing violent crimes, not the addicts who don't take it out on anyone but themselves.

No desire to punish the addicts - they are doing that to themselves.  That is, of course, unless you think removing their easy access to drug supplies is what you condsider "punishment".

Sorry if your drug induced haze makes it impossible for you to rationally consider what will be needed (and will in one way or another will happen) to either make our species sustainable or extinct.

6 minutes ago, cannuck said:

No desire to punish the addicts - they are doing that to themselves.  That is, of course, unless you think removing their easy access to drug supplies is what you condsider "punishment".

Sorry if your drug induced haze makes it impossible for you to rationally consider what will be needed (and will in one way or another will happen) to either make our species sustainable or extinct.

You said they should be killed by the state for doing that to themselves. How is that not punishment and excessive ridiculous punishment that doesn't fit the "crime" at that?

The species isn't going extinct, and overpopulation isn't a thing. Enough of the Malthusian Pre-Crime justifications for ridiculous tyrannical laws that you support.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You said they should be killed by the state for doing that to themselves. How is that not punishment and excessive ridiculous punishment that doesn't fit the "crime" at that?

The species isn't going extinct, and overpopulation isn't a thing. Enough of the Malthusian Pre-Crime justifications for ridiculous tyrannical laws that you support.

No, I did not.  I said dealers deserve to die by the hand of the state.  I think I was clear in implication that drug use for many is a death sentence.

14 minutes ago, cannuck said:

No, I did not.  I said dealers deserve to die by the hand of the state.  I think I was clear in implication that drug use for many is a death sentence.

Why do the sellers deserve death at the hands of the state and not the buyers? They aren't forcing anyone to abuse anything, they are selling them a product that they are free to use as they see fit, it's not the sellers fault if they misuse or abuse that product.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Steady on, old chap. Sounds like the cure would be worse than the disease. 

Locking up drug dealers certainly doesn't work.  All they get as "punishment" is a broader exposure to the criminal network, and training on how to be a better criminal...and it costs us a fortune to host them in the University of Crime.

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Why do the sellers deserve death at the hands of the state and not the buyers? They aren't forcing anyone to abuse anything, they are selling them a product that they are free to use as they see fit, it's not the sellers fault if they misuse or abuse that product.

If I was in charge of charge in Mexico, I’d be telling the cartels that the least violent ones will be tolerated by government but any attacks on police or tourists will mean elimination. Wrecking your own country won’t reduce demand in another.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland