Wynne says Hydro rates an "Urgent" Issue

Boges

Well then it's the province's job to educate the public on how the money they get is spent. And the Liberals should be able to defend what they've done. 

This problem seems to be unique with Ontario. Don't see other areas in the country where people can't afford to pay their hydro bills. 

33 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Then you aren't paying attention......everyone complains about affording their hydro bill.

Yes a gov't should be transparent on the cost of things but again the public are children whining about every line item.....gov't then obfuscates to get elected.  Chicken meet egg.

So you'd criticize the government for placating the "whiners" then? Or do you feel that it's just how you have to govern? 

This move doesn't change my mind on this government. Wasting Billions on cancelling Gas Plants, Doubling the Provinces Debt and being in the pocket of Public Sector Unions is enough for any sensible person to not vote for these criminals. 

Edited by Boges

3 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

The increased cost is required and its not majorly because of green contracts.  The investment will pay dividends in the long run......borrowing just to coddle people is exactly what is wrong with the "microwave" generation.

There you have it, folks. If you were wondering who would still be a Wynne fanatic, there's reliable old Bob. No matter how corrupt or incompetent, he'll be campaigning for his favorite ever politician come next year.

Ontarians have paid $37-billion more than market price for electricity over eight years and will pay another $133-billion extra by 2032 as a result of haphazard planning and political meddling, a report from the Auditor-General says. The Liberal government has repeatedly overruled expert advice – and even tore up two long-term plans from the Ontario Power Authority for the electricity system – in favour of political decisions that drove up power costs for consumers, the report says.

What’s more, Hydro One is in rough shape, with ever-increasing numbers of power outages and aging equipment “at very high risk of failing” that needs $4.472-billion worth of repairs – even as the province is selling 60 per cent of the company to the private sector.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontarians-paid-37-billion-above-market-price-for-electricity-over-eight-years-ag/article27560753/

Edited by Argus

Placating penny-wise pound foolish whiners is always open for criticism.  If you care about getting re-elected then that's the game I hate.

All those items are certainly items that should be weighed when voting.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

So you'd criticize the government for placating the "whiners" then? Or do you feel that it's just how you have to govern? 

This move doesn't change my mind on this government. Wasting Billions on cancelling Gas Plants, Doubling the Provinces Debt and being in the pocket of Public Sector Unions is enough for any sensible person to not vote for these criminals. 

1 minute ago, Bob Macadoo said:

I am not a fan by far.  I'm waiting for a positive alternative to step forward.  Brown has shown signs but I do not put value in "we're not them" because really they are.....so I want to know what you want to accomplish before you become them.

Name one thing the Liberals have handled in the last ten years that they didn't screw up. Not only corrupt from top to bottom and end to end but as thoroughly incompetent as any government has ever been.

And you're.... waiting to see if someone else might be better?

Yeah, okay.

....I'll grant you there are no shock & awe items of success (sex ed, fed transfer payments)...just shift cash around and maintain power.  Recession and all.  I was a fan of the Debt Retirement charge and the recent power levies until this 25% buy-off.

Unlike you I am not an "anti-_____" citizen......my vote is decided by what you propose not what you detract.  If Brown can put a coherent believable platform together......I'm in......if he stays on the "I'm not her" approach Hudak, Tory, Eves all took....then....

22 minutes ago, Argus said:

Name one thing the Liberals have handled in the last ten years that they didn't screw up. Not only corrupt from top to bottom and end to end but as thoroughly incompetent as any government has ever been.

And you're.... waiting to see if someone else might be better?

Yeah, okay.

16 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Unlike you I am not an "anti-_____" citizen......my vote is decided by what you propose not what you detract.  If Brown can put a coherent believable platform together......I'm in......if he stays on the "I'm not her" approach Hudak, Tory, Eves all took....then....

Then you'll vote for the proven liars, crooks and incompetents again, as you usually do?

So just as you believe that the Liberals can do nothing but bumble and bamboozle you predict Brown will get caught up in some benign issue that will lose him the election which a 2 y.o. could stickhandle?

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Then you'll vote for the proven liars, crooks and incompetents again, as you usually do?

19 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

So just as you believe that the Liberals can do nothing but bumble and bamboozle you predict Brown will get caught up in some benign issue that will lose him the election which a 2 y.o. could stickhandle?

I've made no such prediction. On the other hand, I've said often enough that it's impossible to underestimate the collective IQ of the Canadian electorate.

Brown isn't going to reveal any platform a year out of an election. If his ideas are good then the Liberals are going to steal them. And if they're controversial they'll give the Liberals a year to strategize against them. 

Right now the only thing people can point to, to criticize, is internal party bickering and a flip flop on a sex ed curriculum than the Ontario Liberals  flip flopped on as well. 

The tactic against the PCs is going to be fear. The PCs are Ontario's version of Trump. It doesn't matter that none of it is true, we can see that the Canadian electorate just wants to be told what makes them feel good and not be told the truth. 

.....politics as usual....if there is no substance submitted to criticize...go for fear.

I don't need Brown to give me a policy paper.....I want to hear outlook.

1)  I have sat through all the electricity committee work and plan to repeal the 25% debt financing and intend to buy back the Hydro One shares to keep power public.

2)  I intend to implement legislation that will finally put protections in place for part-time designated full time workers

3)  I've talked to John Tory and intend to support municipalities in implementing tolls and fees to fund their infrastructure.

4)  I have now read through and observed the new sex ed curriculum in action and have no intention of a roll back.

I don't need to know how's right now.....just that we have similar mindsets......my mindset is not "I hate her so......"  a match.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Brown isn't going to reveal any platform a year out of an election. If his ideas are good then the Liberals are going to steal them. And if they're controversial they'll give the Liberals a year to strategize against them. 

Right now the only thing people can point to, to criticize, is internal party bickering and a flip flop on a sex ed curriculum than the Ontario Liberals  flip flopped on as well. 

The tactic against the PCs is going to be fear. The PCs are Ontario's version of Trump. It doesn't matter that none of it is true, we can see that the Canadian electorate just wants to be told what makes them feel good and not be told the truth. 

• 4 months later...

According to a new study Ontario's electricity prices have cost the province tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs - so far. Energy prices will rise as carbon taxes are implemented, making manufacturing even more expensive. Then there's the new minimum wage rises... Don't expect manufacturing to go anywhere but down as Liberals continue their incompetent, self-serving ways.

One interesting item in this story. Wynne's Liberals are planning on shifting the tens of billions of dollars it will cost to finance the lowered electricity prices onto the books of a crown corporation - thus making the debt invisible. Just as they've moved tens of billions in other spending off the books so they can pretend they've balanced the budget.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/high-electrical-costs-have-driven-thousands-of-manufacturing-jobs-from-ontario-report/article36610740/

From Argus' article

The resulting rate hikes have hit the manufacturing sector hard and led to significant job losses that are unlike anything seen in neighbouring jurisdictions as factories have relocated to areas with cheaper power, the right-of-centre think tank said in its report released on Tuesday.

Alberta should get into the business of attracting manufacturing by peddling cheaper power.

Build it and they will come.

The AG rips them a new one today. She says they knew what they were doing when they borrowed money from somewhere else ,so it would not show up in the books. It is very scathing if you get a chance to hear it.

3 hours ago, PIK said:

The AG rips them a new one today. She says they knew what they were doing when they borrowed money from somewhere else ,so it would not show up in the books. It is very scathing if you get a chance to hear it.

Maybe worse, Bonnie Lysyk said in a special report on the Liberals’ “Fair Hydro Plan,” the tricks the government is using throw doubt on all the province’s books. The government, citizens, auditors and giant institutions that lend the province money are pretty much operating in a post-truth universe, where what the Liberals say is going on with Ontario’s finances has begun to drift from any previously understood shared reality.

What the Liberals have done “would be unacceptable in the private sector, and we maintain that this is also unacceptable in the public sector,” Lysyk reported. “If the consolidated financial statements are so unreliable that an adverse opinion is warranted, terms like ‘balanced budget,’ ‘deficit,’ ‘asset’ and ‘net debt’ will be meaningless.” 

Wynne continues to insist she's balanced the budget. Yeah, by moving tens of billions in borrowing off the books.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/reevely-hiding-billions-in-hydro-debt-unacceptable-ontarios-auditor-general-says

• 5 months later...

As we have seen- hydro rates are ONLY important if you are a Liberal in SERIOUS TROUBLE- AS Wynne is! It will all depend on the mood of the Cdn silent majority as to what happens to her in the coming June election! The polls suggest that she has so enraged those ordinary people who do not vote that they may be changing their minds just for her! When Rob Ford was elected the voter turnout JUMPED by nearly FIFTY PERCENT

And Mike Harris got the LARGEST voter mandate in Ontari-owe history when he ran for the second term! Give the voters a real political choice and they WILL respond! With the added bonus that Wynne has so enraged so many peopl with price gouging that people are desperate to see the last of her!

People are painfully aware that Liberal spending is utterly out of control and that Liberal policy is a fabric of failed policy and muddled fake news! Consider:

Oh pity the poor Liberals- they are scurrying about like cockroaches that have suddenly found themselves in the bright light of day. Fed up Cdn voters have examined Liberal policy and declared all of it to be utter failure! Even worse- Liberals have run out of cash to offer up to persuade some of us to look the other way- as Liberals work to make Canada better- FOR THEM! WE can thank Toronto Sun reporters for exposing Liberal failings so fully and this post is a summary of the things they have told us.

Doug Ford's tax break won't cut it for poor, Liberals claim

In related news: Clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson calls Wynne 'most dangerous woman in Canada'

Economists working for Ontari-owe Liberal party have just told us that it is going to cost minimum wage earners cold hard cash if they vote for Doug Ford and they give us a number: $1,465.00! This number comes from the Ontario office of the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.

Senior economist Sheila Block crunched the numbers and came up with this $1,465.00; that assumes Ford will cancel the minimum wage increase from $14 to $15 next January for those earning less than $30,000 per year. Block claims the planned Ford tax cut would provide only $485 in savings on average for minimum wage earners.

Sheila Block is the same economist who also told us that Ontari-owe Liberal debt was reasonable and manageable just so long as interest rates did not rise- or other economic shocks did not appear! And of course interest rates are slowly rising, the big economic engine- housing construction- has faltered as Liberals panic over rising debt loads, and we are looking at potential federal deficits in the $120 billion dollar range if our utterly muddled PM Justin succeeds in getting Trump disgusted enough to scrap NAFTA over Liberal immigration madness and Liberal indifference to Muslim terrorists!

And of course our muddled PM was elected on a promise to run small $10 billion dollar deficits for a couple of years till Cdn economy recovered- and it has NOT recovered- it has gotten WORSE- and those “small deficits have ballooned into vast flows of red ink that are at least double what he promised; with no sign he has any clue how to keep us from drowning in that red ink! Liberal friendly economists cannot predict with accuracy what may happen in bond markets as Cdn debt grows, and cannot predict how much prices will rise as a result of Liberal mandated wage increases nor can they predict how many people may be laid off as a result of customers shunning biz with higher prices! In short- our economist are guessing- crossing their fingers and hoping for the best- based on their political biases and personal preferences!   

Liberals insist that the Ford plan will be hard on poor people- without making any honest comparison with how Liberals will be treating ALL PEOPLE if they win that election in June 2018! Economist Block appears to have made predictions based on ideology. What we CAN be certain of- because LIE-berals have told us- is that there WILL be ongoing price increases for many things if LIE-berals win another Ontari-owe election! We are in an election year so there will be no TTC fare hike- this year- for political reasons- but LOOK OUT next year! We have been told that LIE-berals intend to put up the price of electricity steadily for some years to come- with the actual rate of increase to be determined IF they win the next election or otherwise! The property tax hike for this year is 2.9 percent while Liberals claimed to be aiming at an “inflation rate” of 2 percent- while ordinary people make due with raises of about 0.5 percent- if they get anything! Liberal math does NOT add up! If Liberals win the 2018 election then we can be assured they will LOOT AND PILLAGE in 2019 and beyond- to pay for all those civil service union votes that put them back in power! 

As an example of the desperate need for “looting and pillaging” the outgoing chairman of the OSSTF/Onatri-owe high school teachers pension management fund has told us- on TVO- that teachers expect to get an additional FIFTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in pension top ups- meaning money promised by Liberals and not yet delivered- mainly because Ontari-owe is stony broke!

IN addition Ontari-owe is “partnered” with California on the carbon crap and trade tax scam and California has put up its carbon tax from $10.00 to $18.00 and shall we ask if Wynne-bag is simply waiting till after the June election that she is still hoping to win- to follow partner California in jacking up that carbon tax- which will put food prices up another 15-20 percent in 2019? With California planning a series of 30-60 percent carbon tax hikes for some years into the future! And does that not make Ford and his intention to kill the carbon tax sound like a BARGAIN? Liberals are offering poor Cdns $1400 bucks while quietly planning to make the cost of EVERYTHING SOAR!

One reason for Liberals to be breaking their promise on giving us a balanced budget in 2018 is because they have offered their civil service union supporters a 2 percent raise for this year- with no new taxes to pay for it- its an election year and new taxes are bad for LIE-beral public image- so Liberals dispense gravy now and make us PAY for it later!  So before anybody slams Ford- maybe we should do some serious thinking about how much of that $1400 that Liberals willlet us keep if they are re-elected? Your honest answer should be NONE! And the next honest questionnis how MUCH MORE- beyond that $1400 Liberals will clip off us! And that answer will be LOTS MORE!

Conservatives tend to ignore minimum wage rates when in power- but is that bad  compared to the tens of thousands of jobs LOST in just the first month after the Liberal wage increase! A better wage does not help those who got laid off and it certainly will not help those who will not be hired in future because Liberal taxes are a job killer- and a govt mandated wage hike is equal to a new tax on biz- and thus IS a job killer! Of course civil servants with jobs for life do NOT CARE!

In other news, we are told that Ontario had the lowest increase in median household income in the country between 2005-15- in other words -during the years of Liberal rule! But Cdns have noted that the number of Liberal friendly members of the civil service Sunshine List is soaring! And we have noted that the insane green energy contracts that Liberals handed out often went to friends of Liberal party. In related news we noted that when Ontari-owe Hydro was put up for sale- the stocks were reserved for special investors- more friends of Liberal party- no ordinary people need apply!   

Bait and switch is a beloved Liberal policy! They offer up that dandy wage increase and then start doing the “take aways”! A higher wage means more income tax collected by Liberals. It means more cash collected in Unemployment Insurance deductions. Means a higher contribution to Canada Pension Plan. As the price of everything soars Liberals collect more in sales tax- that hated HST! And best of all- for Liberals- the carbon crap and trade tax and minimum wage increase fuels inflation as biz passes on the new costs to customers as higher prices- which gives Liberals what THEY WANT- a better excuse to PAY MORE GRAVY TO CIVIL SERVICE UNION HOGS AT THE RATE OF LIBERAL CREATED INFLATION! But we peasants do not get to share in that gravy- we just get to pay back the money Liberals BORROWED to buy the support of gravy loving civil servants!

Yes- Liberals keep telling us they only pay out money according to the “inflation rate” and with our economy drowning in red ink and no inflation visible in the private sector- Liberals have chosen to CREATE inflation as an excuse for more gravy to their supporters and to confuse voters!

We have seen a series of HUGE price increases for electricity- as Liberals turn our electrical system into a giant slush fund for their friends. Even worse- Liberals have slammed shut the books so we cannot see what manner of dirt is hidden in their Hydro files- its OUR MONEY but its NOT our business to know what Liberals do with it- so THEY THINK!

We have endured a series of NINE PERCENT water rate increases- 9 percent in each of 5 years and then a series of FOUR PERCENT increases after that as Liberals registered on our growing rage and slightly limited their greed! And we should not ask what happened to the Liberal inflation target of TWO PERCENT? Liberals tell us the water rate increases are needed to pay for repairs and upgrades to the neglected system- but they do NOT want to admit that the system is neglected because ALL the money was spent on civil service union gravy for decades and NONE was spent on maintenance! So now we endure both emergency repairs and major floods plus wage greed from Liberal pals!) 

And Liberals have “helped” us with auto insurance rates as well -so they say! I ask: did YOU get your 15 percent rate reduction? Liberals CLAIM you did- in the form of reduced increases for insurance! But Liberals do NOT mention the FIFTY PERCENT REDUCTION in benefits for accident victims that came with your mythical 15 percent reduction in auto rates! Liberals do not want to admit that Ontari-owe drivers have lower accident rates than other Cdns yet pay THE HIGHEST RATES! Nor do they want to discuss how many Sunshine List pals own stocks in insurance companies- and Lord knows- Liberal pals NEED more gravy- AND DIVIDENDS- hence the Liberal insurance rates!

Liberals- who definitely do NOT like to be contradicted- tell us our rates are high because of FRAUD! But fraud is a crime and Liberals are IGNORING IT! Why not launch a blitz on the organized crime gangs that are behind the staged accidents and against the doctors aiding the fraudsters collecting benefits for alleged whiplash and other easily faked soft tissue injuries? Are Liberals worried that they will find many of the fraud artists to be immigrants let into Canada by shameless Liberals BUYING votes at any price?

LIE-berals always tell us we are systemic racists if we complain about immigrant crime rates. But Liberals do not want to talk about the Russian arrested at his magnificent King City mansion for the second time because all his wonderful luxuries are paid for with FORGED credit cards! Liberals do not wish to discuss the biggest ATM bank machine fraud in Cdn history- pulled off with the technical aid of gangs based in Russia! Liberals do not wish to discuss the 4 Afghan brothers arrested on car theft charges- over 1500 charges- with convictions on ALL! Do not want to discuss the Sikhs arrested for bribing and bullying gas station attendants into letting them set up credit card readers in stores to gather information to aid forgers in making more fake cards! Do not want to discuss the Sikhs who set up fake unemployment insurance accounts through their house renovation biz and claimed benefits based on LIES! Crime is an equal opportunity employer and there is NO need to single out any race- but Liberals long ago figured out their snake oil political sales policies go better with poor immigrants so Liberals seek to distract us with this systemic racist crap! 

There are other matters of concern related to auto insurance rates and mythical Liberal benefits. Such as sloppy snow plow contracts for clearing our roads- with Liberal penny pinching putting drivers in danger. Liberals have “relaxed” snow clearing times-meaning our roads are plowed less frequently as Liberals wrestled with companies that offered to do the job cheap- but lacked suitable equipment to perform even at the “relaxed” Liberal standard!

There are also concerns over Liberal organized road paving contracts using inferior paving material as a cost saving measure- but hey- it’s a good deal for Liberals as the nice fresh paving will last at least till after the next election- and that is good enough for Liberals! Too bad about the damage to our cars steering and suspension as we jolt and rattle over those potholes though- its just another hidden cost Liberals do not want to discuss!  

Liberals rob Peter to pay Paul- and Peter is private sector and Paul is a public sector union Liberal Pal! That “wonderful” Liberal wage increase VANISHES once you get the rest of the policy- increased govt costs for EVERYTHING!    

And worst of all- Liberals keep talking about fairness and the need for new revenue tools but if fairness were really their concern then why would they not immediately impose the health levy on civil service unions  in Ontari-owe? As it stands now- no civil servant pays that health levy- and one employed Cdn in three works for govt! No wonder there is a hole in the health care books!

hell kitchen.jpg