Wynne says Hydro rates an "Urgent" Issue

Boges

Magna is an enormous international auto parts manufacturer headquartered in Ontario.

Yes, most international corporations build facilities internationally. I don't see you whining and crying when an international corporation headquartered elsewhere opens a facility in Ontario. The thing about international business, is that it is done internationally.

Yes, most international corporations build facilities internationally. I don't see you whining and crying when an international corporation headquartered elsewhere opens a facility in Ontario. The thing about international business, is that it is done internationally.

Except this one already stated that rising electricity costs in Ontario mean they will not open any new facilities here.

I am by no means defending this party....I'm just stating the energy portfolio isn't the reason to toss them.

There are many reasons to toss this government to the curb.

This thread is about just this particular reason.

No, I mean exactly what I said. For the opposition to get their act together and provide a credible alternative.

Well it may fizzle out (or not) but the PC grassroots are already upset with Brown. Populism made him abandon sex curriculum....does he lose a traditional immigrant vote he had for every vote anti-wynne vote he gains?

Companies like Magna have a few reasons not to invest in Canada, and high hydro bills are just one of them.

The high cost of labour is another. The small Canadian domestic market is another. Access to US markets for Canadian-based manufacturers is going to shrink , and soon, is another. And of course the extraordinarily onerous regulatory process we inflict on ourselves is another.

If Magna builds in Slovenia, Alabama, Guangzhou they get access to big markets with much lower overheads directly, no need to waste time and money in Canuckistan

But hey, credit where credit is due. She got us beer in some select grocery stores...

So what if it still only supplied by The Beer Store and takes 7 to 14 days to receive an order plus the cost of the license for the location plus can only buy 6 packs and return empties to The Beer Store monopoly.

We can pick up a 6 pack and work up the courage to open the Hydro bill that just arrived in the mail.

I am by no means defending this party....I'm just stating the energy portfolio isn't the reason to toss them.

Well, there's the corruption and the incompetence on every single issue they touch, and general unpleasant smarmy sense of superiority. All good reasons.

So they're panicking and dropping their commitment to Green Energy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-liberals-cancel-plans-to-sign-more-green-energy-contracts-to-save-province-up-to-3-8-billion

TORONTO — Ontario’s energy ministry is cancelling plans to sign contracts for up to 1,000 megawatts of power from solar, wind and other renewable energy sources to help keep rates down for consumers.

Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault says the decision is expected to save the province up to $3.8 billion in costs from its 2013 long-term plan, and will keep about $2.45 a month from being added to hydro bills.

I'm not complaining, but it's interesting how Poll numbers > Green Energy.

No, I mean exactly what I said. For the opposition to get their act together and provide a credible alternative.

There is honestly just no talking to you, you're another example of a liberal who simply does not care about anything but having liberals in power, simply by virtue of not having been in power for so long and not having had a chance to, or in fact having screwed up so many things makes anyone more credible than this government.

There is honestly just no talking to you, you're another example of a liberal who simply does not care about anything but having liberals in power, simply by virtue of not having been in power for so long and not having had a chance to, or in fact having screwed up so many things makes anyone more credible than this government.

I didn't vote for McGuinty, I didn't vote for Wynne. What makes me a Liberal? The last time I voted for a major party in Ontario it was the corrupt incompetent scum Harris, and for that I am deeply ashamed. How does me asking for a better opposition make me a Liberal?

I didn't vote for McGuinty, I didn't vote for Wynne. What makes me a Liberal?

Gee, maybe that any time any criticism is levelled at them you run screaming into the fray to defend them with every frantic accusation and diversion you can muster?

How does me asking for a better opposition make me a Liberal?

That your position seems to be that there is no possible better government than the one currently in power, the one which can't even get their own auditor or public accountant to sign off on its financial statements.

That your position seems to be that there is no possible better government than the one currently in power,

I said years before the last election the PCs need to get their act together. Step 1 was to find a new leader, but the brain trust said we will stick with Tim. I believe a better government is possible, but we need real leaders to drive it. I was disappointed with Horwath, the previous time around she was quite articulate and positive; unfortunately last time she picked up the PC whining handbook and copied them so she lost my vote.

I said years before the last election the PCs need to get their act together. Step 1 was to find a new leader, but the brain trust said we will stick with Tim. I believe a better government is possible, but we need real leaders to drive it. I was disappointed with Horwath, the previous time around she was quite articulate and positive; unfortunately last time she picked up the PC whining handbook and copied them so she lost my vote.

Anyone still defending these crooks are idiots.

It's hilarious that people are willing to give Wynne and Co endless chances through all their lying and corruption but Patrick Brown has ONE slip up over the Sex Ed Curriculum and he needs to be replaced.

Double Standard much?

Do you still believe the PCs need competent leadership? What's your reason to believe they don't currently have it?

I have said before, the jury is still out on Brown. He has certainly had issues in his past, and made several stumbles as leader, but he is lightyears ahead of Hudak. He appears to be able to learn from some of his mistakes. He wouldn't be my choice, but as I am not a party member it was not up to me. We will see how he does in an election. Remember Hudak failed miserably in an election, and the party kept him for another.