Canada must help displaced helpless defenseless Yezidi girls.

Yezidi girls are being treated as sex slaves according to attached links. The links claim that they are being kidnapped, raped even burned alive if refuse to have sex. If true then Canada must help these vulnerable displayed defenseless women and children to come and settle in Canada or be sponsored by good-hearted Canadians who are plenty in our great land of ours.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8015/isis-rape-yazidi

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/06/19-yazidi-girls-burned-alive-for-refusing-to-have-sex-with-their-isis-captors.html

http://www.christiantimes.com/article/yazidi-girls-who-fear-rape-from-isis-dirty-their-faces-to-look-less-beautiful-says-escaped-teenage-boy/56968.htm

Trudeau ignores Conservatives’ plea to bring Yezidi refugees to Canada

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=29093

During Question Period on Tuesday, March 8, 2016, Interim Leader of the Conservative Party Rona Ambrose asked Justin Trudeau if the Liberals would prioritize helping Yezidi girls in Iraq – who are being targeted by ISIS for rape, torture, and murder.

Ambrose said: “Mr. Speaker, on this International Women’s Day, my thoughts are with the Yezidi girls in Iraq who are being captured, tortured, raped and forced to be sex slaves by ISIS. Those who can actually flee for their lives are now languishing in IDP (internally displaced person’s) camps. But, Mr. Speaker, we can help them. We can bring them to Canada with private sponsors who are willing to help. Would the Prime Minister commit to help today to placing these Yezidi girls in the joint sponsorship program so they can come to Canada and find safe haven?”

To which Trudeau responded: “In the last election, Mr. Speaker, the Liberal party committed to bringing 25,000 refugees from Syria, and that’s exactly what we did. As we look to how we can continue to demonstrate that Canada is an open and welcoming country, we are of course open to all sorts of different suggestions and ways we can continue to demonstrate that Canada is a place that will accept people not just because they are fleeing tremendous hardship because they will contribute to the economic growth and success of this country in the years to come, and I look forward to doing more of that in the months and years ahead”.

Following Trudeau’s vague answer which did not address Abmrose’s question, Ambrose posted the following comment on her Facebook page: “On International Women’s Day, of all days, I hoped he would have simply answered yes.”

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trudeau ignores Conservatives’ plea to bring Yezidi refugees to Canada

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=29093

Of course. The only people that liberals want to bring to Western countries now are those that most directly stick it in the face of conservatives who have reservations about mass Muslim immigration. It's not about keeping vulnerable people safe, rather it's all about the "culture wars". Yezidi girls look a bit "whiter" than some other Iraqis and so are left to be tortured and raped and murdered.

Edited by Bonam

Of course. The only people that liberals want to bring to Western countries now are those that most directly stick it in the face of conservatives who have reservations about mass Muslim immigration. It's not about keeping vulnerable people safe, rather it's all about the "culture wars". Yezidi girls look a bit "whiter" than some other Iraqis and so are left to be tortured and raped and murdered.

I have no doubt that if those 'whiter' girls were in refugee camps, they would have been the first ones flown out of there.

The only people that liberals want to bring to Western countries now are those that most directly stick it in the face of conservatives who have reservations about mass Muslim immigration.

I'm calling BS. I've been saying for years that every Coalition military plane that delivers troops and materials to the ME should be stuffed to the rafters with women and children when returning. Older adolescent and young men and women could be directed towards Katimavik-like programs here and in refugee camps, that emphasize wholesome values, life skills and training for the sorts of occupations that will be required when rebuilding their war-torn countries and societies.

I don't know if you meant Liberal or liberal but for the record, I'm not a Liberal...I'm a lefty. I'm so far away from being a Liberal I'm a lot closer to being a conservative...as opposed to a Conservative which is actually a lot closer to a Liberal but in any case - anyone be they left right or inside out who supports, defends or apologizes for our policies both past and present that have directly led to so many refugees now pouring out of the ME deserve to have a lot more than just their own angst over refugees rubbed in their faces. The best thing to stick in their faces is a principle - eff's them right up every time.

Whoever these people are it's like they're basically driving straight off a cliff with little more than scorn for anyone who's asked if they could see the cliff coming.

Edited by eyeball

Yezidi girls look a bit "whiter" than some other Iraqis and so are left to be tortured and raped and murdered.

Seriously? Did you just type that? Do you ever read the things that you write on here?

Is this some kind of projection of your own feelings on those with different skin colour?

Yezidi girls are being treated as sex slaves by terrorists. They are being kidnapped, raped even burned alive if refuse to have sex with terrorists. Canada must help these vulnerable displayed defenseless women and children to come and settle in Canada or be sponsored by good-hearted Canadians who are plenty in our great land of ours.

Following Trudeau’s vague answer which did not address Abmrose’s question, Ambrose posted the following comment on her Facebook page: “On International Women’s Day, of all days, I hoped he would have simply answered yes.”

am I improperly interpreting your emphasis that presumes to 'help' within an active war zone, notwithstanding what Rona Ambrose politicized for purely partisan gain? As I understand, given the principal concentration of the Yazidi within a single Iraqi province, over 400,000 have escaped ISIS/Iraq as refugees... with estimates that some 5000-7000 girls/women have been targeted/captured directly as your described, 'sex slaves' (just in 2014 alone), with latest estimates suggesting there are some 5000 Yazidi girls/women currently being held by ISIS. Certainly, I would expect that Yazidi refugees would fall into the broader mix of the collective refugee assistance program efforts being led by the UN. The plight of those ISIS captured Yazidi girls/women has been taken before the UN and an assortment of country governments appealing for the international community to act. But, of course, in an active war zone, what does that mean... how does the international community 'act'... exactly?

I would rather bring in those women and girls instead of the thousands of war-hardened military-age Muslim men that our PM wants to let in.

"instead of the thousands of war-hardened military-age Muslim men that our PM wants to let in"... citation request for your bullshyte statement

you forget the sarcasm tag/emoticon... right? If not, setting aside your wedge play, who/what exactly do you proclaim as, "leaving the bit whiter Yazidi girls to be tortured, raped and murdered"?

His whole government is in denial to what is going on over there. Brought in the Syrians just for the election and screwed that up big time.

"denial of what is going on over there"... what is going on over there, and what is being denied?

uhhh... please if you're going to spout talking point platitudes, best to get your timing right on promise versus start/end of Syrian refugee resettlement. Can you further elaborate on what was, "screwed up, big time"?

I have no doubt that if those 'whiter' girls were in refugee camps, they would have been the first ones flown out of there.

Why would you have no doubt? When it emerged that the Harper government was giving preference to Christians, Yazidis and gays the Liberals roundly criticized them. When the Liberals came to power they made it their top priority to scoop up bodies - any bodies - in order to get people over here as quickly as possible to fulfill their dumb time-oriented campaign pledge.

We have many skilled advisers deployed by Trudeau in the region. They could advise the Yezidi women to leave.

why didn't Rona Ambrose bring forward that gem of yours when she asked the question in Parliament back in March? Would Yazidi peoples actually need advice to leave... some 400,000+ Yazidi have left... they're called refugees! That profiled attack on Yazidi's and takeover of Sinjar was back in August 2014... if we accept the 'ISIS is on the run' pronouncements, I don't expect there to be many Yazidi left in the province - yes? But... do you have numbers?

When it emerged that the Harper government was giving preference to Christians, Yazidis and gays the Liberals roundly criticized them.

How the Harper government is manipulating the refugee crisis --- Harper is pandering to the dangerous stereotype that all Muslims are potential terrorists, whereas non-Muslims may be squeaky clean.

The Harper government has long resisted bringing in Syrian refugees, an overwhelming majority of whom are Muslims. But it has been keen on fast-tracking Christians, Yazidis and others from Syria and Iraq.

Its rationale for the first is that with so many extremist militias operating there, terrorists could sneak in masquerading as refugees. Its explanation for the second is that the Islamic State is targeting minorities.

Both are reasonable propositions. But they also hide the government’s terrible record on refugees and provide a cover for bigotry, that of the Harperites themselves or of the Conservative base of fundamentalist Christians and other right-wingers to whom the government caters.

Harper is pandering to the dangerous stereotype that all Muslims are potential terrorists, whereas non-Muslims may be squeaky clean. In fact, Christian and other non-Muslims have also been involved with the many ruthless militias in Syria and Iraq. They all need to be checked out, as security experts have said.

How the Harper government is manipulating the refugee crisis --- Harper is pandering to the dangerous stereotype that all Muslims are potential terrorists, whereas non-Muslims may be squeaky clean.

What the Harper government said was entirely accurate and logical; the Christians, Yazidis and gays were in more danger and had less chance of safety in and around that region than Muslims did, thus they should be prioritized. It's unfortunate the regressives felt affronted that Muslims, who regressives feel are the most admired people with the most wonderful culture and value system in the world, might be considered to have been insulted by that decision.

why didn't Rona Ambrose bring forward that gem of yours when she asked the question in Parliament back in March? Would Yazidi peoples actually need advice to leave... some 400,000+ Yazidi have left... they're called refugees! That profiled attack on Yazidi's and takeover of Sinjar was back in August 2014... if we accept the 'ISIS is on the run' pronouncements, I don't expect there to be many Yazidi left in the province - yes? But... do you have numbers?

Sorry, but the Trudeau advisers are now advising the Kurds pretty much exclusively. Anyway, all the Yazidis have already received their warm Canadian blankets and best wishes from Ottawa. Those women just brought it on themselves if they didn't leave, right?

Hey Waldo, when do you think the Liberal government will have to duck and run when the Kurds achieve their shorter term goals, which won't be long now? The Kurds want to secure their northern Iraq territory from ISIS, and secure what they see as their oil fields. After that, they don't and won't much give a shit what happens in the rest of Iraq and Syria. They are going to pull back their troops from engaging ISIS, who will Trudeau advise then? Maybe the Turks? Nope, he has already severely pissed them off by supporting the secessionist Kurds. The Iraqis? Nope, same reason. I expect to hear a 'mission accomplished' in the next few months from Our Boy. The cut and run will be complete, back to pressing domestic issues like debating the wording of the anthem for days.

What the Harper government said was entirely accurate and logical; the Christians, Yazidis and gays were in more danger and had less chance of safety in and around that region than Muslims did, thus they should be prioritized. It's unfortunate the regressives felt affronted that Muslims, who regressives feel are the most admired people with the most wonderful culture and value system in the world, might be considered to have been insulted by that decision.

you had a chance to actually make a real point - I intended to ask you exactly what Trudeau Liberals (pre-election) and the Trudeau government (post-election) actually said in regards to prioritizing within refugee groupings... I was off researching that on my own... and then your post, as quoted, arrives. Reading you revert to the realArgus, repeatedly using the term "regressives", that alters any interest in further dialog with you I might have chosen. Why bother?

I expect to hear a 'mission accomplished' in the next few months from Our Boy. The cut and run will be complete...

you and Rona... you've got to let it go! Your want to, 'bomb, bomb, bomb', didn't fit within the strategies of the newSherriff's government. It's not healthy for you - get over it!

you had a chance to actually make a real point - I intended to ask you exactly what Trudeau Liberals (pre-election) and the Trudeau government (post-election) actually said in regards to prioritizing within refugee groupings... I was off researching that on my own... and then your post, as quoted, arrives. Reading you revert to the realArgus, repeatedly using the term "regressives", that alters any interest in further dialog with you I might have chosen. Why bother?

Oh Waldo! Have I wounded the tender feelings of this site's most aggressively rude, in-your-face, disrespectful, mocking arch-partisan by speaking disrespectfully of progressives? I do apologize!

Oh Waldo! Have I wounded the tender feelings of this site's most aggressively rude, in-your-face, disrespectful, mocking arch-partisan by speaking disrespectfully of progressives? I do apologize!

I appreciate and recognize your sensitivity; thanks for acknowledging your described disrespect... and apologizing for it. I expect we shouldn't see you using the label 'regressives' again.

There are some 6 or 7 billion people in the world. Many sadly die. From dead babies on beaches in Turkey to drowning people in the Mediterranean, we Canadians cannot help all.

Yezidi girls? Why?

Well in fairness that situation was created by bungled policy in Iraq and Syria on the part of Canada and its allies. If you break it you bought it?