Transgender

So that's a no then? You have no examples of any transgender person insisting on using public showers?b

Also, one example of a sexual predator doesn't make the entire transgender community rapists. There's rapists who aren't transgender who've gained access to public washrooms to victimize people. And besides, how is forcing them into one washroom or the other going to stop rapists at all?

You really can't see that after A and B comes C, Can you? Trans people don't want their own bathroom, they want to have access to whatever bathroom they want. Same goes for showers and change rooms. We now are pressing laws that will accept that.

Look what is going on at the U of T, Look what is happening in women's shower spaces in the US.

I would have cited those US stories, but, just like whatshisname, you're quite prepared to ignore what's right in front of your face in the name of social justice. And, for someone like you who has the ability to "google" and you choose not to, why would you bother reading a citation.

The idiot progressives are being hoodwinked.

You really can't see that after A and B comes C, Can you? Trans people don't want their own bathroom, they want to have access to whatever bathroom they want. Same goes for showers and change rooms. We now are pressing laws that will accept that.

Look what is going on at the U of T, Look what is happening in women's shower spaces in the US.

I would have cited those US stories, but, just like whatshisname, you're quite prepared to ignore what's right in front of your face in the name of social justice. And, for someone like you who has the ability to "google" and you choose not to, why would you bother reading a citation.

The idiot progressives are being hoodwinked.

Idiot progressives, eh? Your argument is so strong that you resort to childish name calling. Don't worry. There's no "trannies" coming for you in the washroom, despite your disgusting rape fantasies.

Idiot progressives, eh? Your argument is so strong that you resort to childish name calling. Don't worry. There's no "trannies" coming for you in the washroom, despite your disgusting rape fantasies.

OK, do you think that the new laws allow for male bodied people to enter a change room and shower with female bodied people? Yes or no?

Substantially more opportunities for such people, unquestionably yes. We are already seeing that on both sides of the border.

You mean more opportunities than they already have to dress up like a woman and enter their washrooms/locker rooms? That's absurd.

OK, do you think that the new laws allow for male bodied people to enter a change room and shower with female bodied people? Yes or no?

So in other words, you want to take away transgender rights because some cisgender men may abuse it. How about you make them the object of your animosity instead of transgenders?

Also, what do you think female change rooms are? Sea of naked women? I hate to burst your bubble, but in gyms and swimming pools, you rarely see naked women. Most get changed in change rooms and if showers are open (in the case of swimming pools) most keep a bathing suit on.

They don't even have to dress up anymore. Now they can just walk right in.

They couldn't before? Your line of thought isn't even worth humouring. You're conflating rapists and transgender people. That's no only unsubstantiated, it's ridiculous.

Are some transgender people rapists? I suppose there's probably some example somewhere of it. They're such a small fraction of the population it makes you wonder why you're so concerned about them when there's several orders of magnitude more rapists who aren't transgender. It's also inconceivable how any of the ludicrous "bathroom" legislation would address rapists in any way whatsoever. To call these arguments infantile is disrespecting infants who can match shapes to holes. Even they think more critically than this.

Edited by cybercoma

Porky's was not a conservative film...maybe the Canadian producers can offer some tips for restroom surveillance. Maybe also ask for advice from pre-2000 high school and middle school physical education teachers enforcing naked showers after class. No boys allowed in the girls locker room...what backward thinking !

I still want to know who's going to be responsible for genital inspections at all these public washrooms. The social conservative fascination with what's between people's legs is creepy and frankly just disgusting.

Coming from the person who advocates employment discrimination on the basis of race and sex...

Coming from the person who advocates employment discrimination on the basis of race and sex...

The comparison of abortion laws and transgender person discrimination with regards to bathrooms to corporate policies designed to alleviate historical discrimination in certain sectors is a nonsensical one. But keep playing that trumpet. The poor hard done by white cisgender men appreciate your support.

The comparison of abortion laws and transgender person discrimination with regards to bathrooms to corporate policies designed to alleviate historical discrimination in certain sectors is a nonsensical one. But keep playing that trumpet. The poor hard done by white cisgender men appreciate your support.

Maybe. Of course, one is just going for a pee while the other could mean you don't get a job, a situation that could affect your whole life and that of all of your family.

Maybe. Of course, one is just going for a pee while the other could mean you don't get a job, a situation that could affect your whole life and that of all of your family.

Means you don't get a job? You know the laws are designed to help prevent discrimination against the people who have historical been kept from those jobs. You know they have affirmative action policies for men in areas where they're traditionally not found. Humanities (English and History) have scholarships geared specifically towards men because they're underrepresented there. Nursing hiring sometimes has quotas for male nurses. It cuts both ways here. And more to the point, alleviating discrimination and under representation is not at all the same thing as telling someone they have to grow something in their uterus against their will or be thrown in jail if they don't appropriately identify to the world what's in their underwear when going to the bathroom.

Edited by cybercoma

Means you don't get a job?

Yes, that's what I meant. The reasons are there, and you might like them, but the fact is, you can be denied access to jobs for reasons other than your qualifications. You agree with it, I don't.

For the record, I also don't care who uses which bathroom.

Cubercoma, Jacee and BC_chick have all seen or responded to my question, yet none have offered an answer. It's a simple question, one that shows you've paid attention to the issue - that's all.

I'll ask it again; OK, do you think that the new laws allow for male bodied people to enter a change room and shower with female bodied people? Yes or no?

Yes, that's what I meant. The reasons are there, and you might like them, but the fact is, you can be denied access to jobs for reasons other than your qualifications. You agree with it, I don't.

For the record, I also don't care who uses which bathroom.

Youre trying to tell me that men are denied access to jobs in male dominated industries when they try to find more female employees? You do understand how affirmative action works, right?

Cubercoma, Jacee and BC_chick have all seen or responded to my question, yet none have offered an answer. It's a simple question, one that shows you've paid attention to the issue - that's all.

I'll ask it again; OK, do you think that the new laws allow for male bodied people to enter a change room and shower with female bodied people? Yes or no?

Who is going to be in genital duty? That's all I want to know.