America under President Trump

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The same reason you feel free to supply sartorial banter about JT’s blackface, which I support.  

But I didn't tell you which candidate or party should prevail in Canada...or how voting should be apportioned....a marked difference.

Frankly, I don't care what you do in Canada, but what happens in American politics seems to matter a lot to you.   Why ?

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But I didn't tell you which candidate or party should prevail in Canada...or how voting should be apportioned....a marked difference.

Frankly, I don't care what you do in Canada, but what happens in American politics seems to matter a lot to you.   Why ?

You’ve provided plenty of armchair criticism of the Canadian political scene, which you’re free to do.  Right back at you.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’ve provided plenty of armchair criticism of the Canadian political scene, which you’re free to do.  Right back at you.  

Nope....not to the degree that you would have your own desires and changes made to a foreign country's politics and elections.

Because it doesn't impact me...so why do America's choices draw such passion from you ?

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Apples and oranges.  Canada is smaller than California.  We’ve had this conversation.  

Yup....apples and oranges because the United States has made choices and actions that make this so.

Accordingly, we are not about to change things based on foreign musings from nations that have not...and remain "small".

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Is it all about power to you?  Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s.   There are always empires.  The question is how you deal with them.  I recommend avoiding having idols.  That’s a personal choice.  

Doesn't matter...by your own admission....America's choices have resulted in far more power and influence.   Do you really think we should change this very successful model to suit your personal criticisms from another country...a country that is so very economically and militarily dependent on same ?

C'mon man......

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter...by your own admission....America's choices have resulted in far more power and influence.   Do you really think we should change this very successful model to suit your personal criticisms from another country...a country that is so very economically and militarily dependent on same ?

C'mon man......

Hey, choose your poison.  Just don’t get shot or poor and seriously ill.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hey, choose your poison.  Just don’t get shot or poor and seriously ill.

Why not ?   I was born as an American and will die as an American.  No flitting about the globe looking for a better deal or dual-citizenship crap.

Already been poor and seriously ill....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I don't see bush_cheney2004 claiming that Canada should change it's first past the post system just because Trudeau won. I do see Zeitgeist claiming that America should change the Electoral College system because Donald Trump won though.

I also see that Zeitgeist still doesn't understand that it's congress that is gerrymandered, not the Electoral College. He doesn't seem to have a clue what the EC is, which no doubt plays into why he wants to change it.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Change the rules to serve the interests of the American people.  Remember democracy?

Hillary does not know even know what the word "democracy" means. Hitlery and her party only knows how to be corrupt, and knows as to how to go about destroying a once great democratic American nation. Trump saved America from a bimbo like Hillary. All Americans should be very thankful about that. 

Donald Trump won the popular vote in 30 US states, that are worth 305 electoral votes.
Hillary won the popular vote in 20 US states + DC, that are worth a total of 232 electoral votes.
It's is the United States of America, and not the United People's of America, for a reason.

Zeitgeist is just mad that the system is deliberately designed to stop a party running up voting total margins only in major urban centers from winning the White House, and it worked against the party he wanted to win.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, Zeitgeist said:

The world would be a better place had Hillary won, America included.  

Hillary is a power-hungry moron, she's a felon, and she has been caught on huge lies about actual material facts (things like how and why people needlessly died due to horrible decisions when they were under her command/protection). It's also well-documented that she colluded with Russia, so even if she won she would have been impeached by her own Democrat party by now, right? 

I get that you hate Trump, but you could just say that you hate Trump. That post was irrational at the very best.

• Like 1