America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

Clearly the NATO partners don't think he's a clown.

Did you happen to see how many "eye rolls" occurred as he spoke at the NATO meeting? Clearly they do think he's a clown, however he has changed his tune from "NATO is obsolete" to "NATO is not obsolete". At least his flip flops are quite clear, although they do tend to add to his "clownishness" 

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Clearly the NATO partners don't think he's a clown.  It's major headlines that he didn't shout "all for one and one for all" during his speech.  One can only take away from that that the entire world is saying "please say you'll protect us Mr. Trump, won't you...huh?".  Say what you will about Trump, but every picture, every video with the NATO group was of Trump and everyone else around him.  Was "Justin from Canada" even there? 

P.S - I hate to play in to BC' M.O, but that's the truth.   

Of course the media follows the actions of a powerful world figure; why would they not?  

Seems Angela Merkel is advising that the world cease relying on US participation in world affairs, while still maintaining friendly relations as much as possible. 

Soon enough, if he remains president, he'll be essentially sidelined.  Tolerated and humored perhaps, but neither respected nor listened to.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Did you happen to see how many "eye rolls" occurred as he spoke at the NATO meeting? Clearly they do think he's a clown, however he has changed his tune from "NATO is obsolete" to "NATO is not obsolete". At least his flip flops are quite clear, although they do tend to add to his "clownishness" 

"Eye rolls"...well, jump back!  Yeah, what I saw was Trump walking and having people on either side of him constantly watching him..."who is he gonna talk to", "when will he stop walking", he controlled the stops, the chatting, and even the cadence at which they walked.  It was like watching that old cartoon with spike and that little dog.  

Sorry, You can listen to the bias interpretations from Maddow and her group, but pictures speak 1000 words - and those pictures spoke loudly.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

It is clearly an effort to influence future government policy as the Saudis will now expect that if they call up Ivanka she will listen carefully and pass their desires on to her dad.

I think it's mostly an attempt to convince her dad that they're swell guys.

"Ahmed! How we handle visit from de Trump? He say many bad thing about us!"

"We give him big shiny medal. He love de gold. He love medals. He love de praise. We give him shiny gold medal and lots of praise."

"But de orange man, he say we are de barbarian and de savage who treat de women like slave and trow de gay man off de roof. What we do about dat?"

"We give money to his Jew whore daughter. She have de women charity. We give money to de women charity, he will think we are de good guys."

It's just a patently obvious attempt to appeal to a guy who's shown he loves to be treated like a big deal.

-k

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

"Eye rolls"...well, jump back!  Yeah, what I saw was Trump walking and having people on either side of him constantly watching him..."who is he gonna talk to", "when will he stop walking", he controlled the stops, the chatting, and even the cadence at which they walked.  It was like watching that old cartoon with spike and that little dog.  

Sorry, You can listen to the bias interpretations from Maddow and her group, but pictures speak 1000 words - and those pictures spoke loudly.

Trump demonstrated he is nothing more than a schoolyard bully at the NATO summit. Surely you have seen the video of him pushing aside the newly elected PM of Montenegro so he can get his goofy hairdo and his painted face as close to front and center as he could. What an A**hole.

4 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I think it's mostly an attempt to convince her dad that they're swell guys.

"Ahmed! How we handle visit from de Trump? He say many bad thing about us!"

"We give him big shiny medal. He love de gold. He love medals. He love de praise. We give him shiny gold medal and lots of praise."

"But de orange man, he say we are de barbarian and de savage who treat de women like slave and trow de gay man off de roof. What we do about dat?"

"We give money to his Jew whore daughter. She have de women charity. We give money to de women charity, he will think we are de good guys."

It's just a patently obvious attempt to appeal to a guy who's shown he loves to be treated like a big deal.

-k

LOL.  Bad accent, but plausible conversation.   

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Americans aren't Trump, for the most part.

That was my point.  A blue helmet does not represent the UN Ivory Tower Clown convention.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump demonstrated he is nothing more than a schoolyard bully at the NATO summit. Surely you have seen the video of him pushing aside the newly elected PM of Montenegro so he can get his goofy hairdo and his painted face as close to front and center as he could. What an A**hole.

He had his Mussolini look down pat right then.

Has anybody from the UN ever actually made an attempt to address the sheer idiocy of Saudi Arabia being on the women's rights commission?  As far as I can tell this appears to be a complete and total disgrace to the entire UN.

-k

2 hours ago, Wilber said:

People like this really piss me off. People do work for you, they get paid. Period! Them getting paid is your problem, not theirs.

I hope I don't get my knuckles rapped for going off topic but I though you might get a laugh out of this. I was kicking horse turds down the main street of Gravenhurst Ontario wondering how I might get my $160 back when I came upon a law office with a sign in the window saying "Legal Aid". I though, hmm, I'm going in there and get me some of that. The secretary was about to punt me but Mr. John Cruickshank strolled out of his office and came to my rescue. He invited me to his office, I told him my story, and he went to his file cabinet and gave me a form to fill out "Masters and Servants Act" all legal sized too. I filled it out while he made a phone call. He read it over, witnessed it and said he would submit it to the courts, and that I could be called to court to verify my claim under oath. Off I went. Fast forward a week or so, the phone rings at home, my mother picks it up "Yes, yes he is, one moment", and she hands me the phone. "Yes, OK, thank you" and I hang up the phone, with a bit of a sparkle in my eye. My mother asks who was that?, I simply replied oh that was just my lawyer advising me I need to appear in court next Wednesday at 10 am, and I nonchalantly strolled into the kitchen. Keep in mind I'm 14 at the time. Next thing I hear is an old phrase probably a lot of us have heard, something to the tune of "wait a minute mister". I told her the story and she relaxed a little to hear I wasn't up on a felony charge. I never got my $160 back but I spent the rest of the summer building a dock for Irving Ungerman so all in all it was a good summer. 

48 minutes ago, Omni said:

At least he didn't curse and hit somebody's breasts while doing it, unlike another "bully" who was also at the meeting.  

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

At least he didn't curse and hit somebody's breasts while doing it, unlike another "world leader" who was also at the meeting.  

Yes and that other world leader certainly conducted himself in a much more leader like fashion than did Mr. orange puffy face.  

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Yes and that other world leader certainly conducted himself in a much more leader like fashion than did Mr. orange puffy face.  

Yes...he stayed the insignificant selfie king that he is compared to Trump.   President Trump meets with world leaders....PM Trudeau prefers to photobomb high school proms and weddings with his shirt off instead.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...he stayed the insignificant selfie king that he is compared to Trump.   President Trump meets with world leaders....PM Trudeau prefers to photobomb high school proms and weddings with his shirt off instead.

Can you imagine trump pushing other leaders out of the way to get himself on camera with HIS shirt off? People would turn their TV's off.

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

Everybody thinks he's a clown.  They just recognize that he's a clown with a lot of influence.

Out of all the "clowns" present, he is the one with the most influence.

Hopefully. NATO deadbeat clowns Merkel (Germany) and Trudeau (Canada) have gotten the message, as described here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merkel-warns-us-britain-no-longer-reliable-partners-130825785.html

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Of course the media follows the actions of a powerful world figure; why would they not?  

Seems Angela Merkel is advising that the world cease relying on US participation in world affairs, while still maintaining friendly relations as much as possible. 

Soon enough, if he remains president, he'll be essentially sidelined.  Tolerated and humored perhaps, but neither respected nor listened to.

I challenge you to read this aloud without laughing.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Out of all the "clowns" present, he is the one with the most influence.

Hopefully. NATO deadbeat clowns Merkel (Germany) and Trudeau (Canada) have gotten the message, as described here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merkel-warns-us-britain-no-longer-reliable-partners-130825785.html

He should have sifnificant  influence I suppose since he represents the largest population of the members. However he keeps gutting whatever influence he has by his stupidity. Angela Merkel rolls eyes.

2 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, maybe you have an opinion on why 47 UN countries voted to install SA on the women's rights commission.  You've been railing on the hypocrisy of SA giving money for women entrepreneurs, so you must have a pretty solid explanation for your disparity in beliefs.  

The UN is a reflection of its member nations. Most of its member nations are undemocratic and thoroughly corrupt. There are 57 members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, which is about one third of the UN. Another third are dirt-poor corrupt third world countries whose votes are for sale. The UN, in other words, is as dirty and corrupt as planet earth. Its human rights panel is filled with human rights abusers. It cannot be taken as an honest broker in anything.

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

He should have sifnificant  influence I suppose since he represents the largest population of the members. However he keeps gutting whatever influence he has by his stupidity. Angela Merkel rolls eyes.

Regardless of what you suppose, and as I have stated many times before, Trump matters more to the world than Merkel or Trudeau.  

Hell, even Merkel matters much more than Trudeau.