America under President Trump

5 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

There are plenty of Americans looking for a better life coming to Canada....even one of your wanna be vice presidents came to Canada for free health care.....and your right,about the only thing you can offer Canadians is weather

Plus low gas prices and be able to by a six pack of beer at half the price.  And because of that dam low loonie, I am forced to forgo some trips to America. Washington state is not all that warm at this time of year. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If Canada wants more illegals, go for it.   We can send you plenty more.

(More Canadians go to the U.S.A., a country with 10x the population...always have.)

Where do you get that more illegals from Canada go to the USA....we took in  your draft dodgers ,which Trump would have been if he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth...oh and a bunion....

1 minute ago, Kerfuffle said:

Where do you get that more illegals from Canada go to the USA....we took in  your draft dodgers ,which Trump would have been if he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth...oh and a bunion....

Historically, more Canadians have emigrated legally and illegally (total) to the United States than Americans going to Canada.   The U.S. is the world's #1 destination for immigrants by population....has been for decades...and that includes Canadians.

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Plus low gas prices and be able to by a six pack of beer at half the price.  And because of that dam low loonie, I am forced to forgo some trips to America. Washington state is not all that warm at this time of year. 

You forgot about 30 times more likely to get a bullet in the back

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If Canada wants more illegals, go for it.   We can send you plenty more.

(More Canadians go to the U.S.A., a country with 10x the population...always have.)

No more of your illegals please. We have way more than what we can handle right now, thank you very much. I am starting to go broke having to pay for my own up keep on top of looking after them also. My wallet is almost bare. I may have to sneak into America as an illegal where I may be able to live and survive. 

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Historically, more Canadians have emigrated legally and illegally (total) to the United States than Americans going to Canada.   The U.S. is the world's #1 destination for immigrants by population....has been for decades...and that includes Canadians.

Yes

We discussed how Jim Chamberlain represented the initial poster boy for the Brain Drain, if you recall. Went on to do Moon Shots for NASA.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yes

We discussed how Jim Chamberlain represented the initial poster boy for the Brain Drain, if you recall. Went on to do Moon Shots for NASA.

Yep...there was more opportunity in the U.S. then, and that it is still the case.   Canadians want access to the United States.

• Like 1

Yes more Canadians have emigrated legally but not so much illegals...USA does not have much to offer in the way of a better lifestyle for the average Canadian ,hence not many illegals

Yep...there was more opportunity in the U.S. then, and that it is still the case.   Canadians want access to the United States.

Well...I'm sure we both recall the days of free passage and no passports.

Now you have a right not to trust the True North.

1 minute ago, Kerfuffle said:

Yes more Canadians have emigrated legally but not so much illegals...USA does not have much to offer in the way of a better lifestyle for the average Canadian ,hence not many illegals

Actually, Canadians are the highest number of illegal overstays in the U.S.

They won't go home...same as Canadian "Dreamers".

Just now, Kerfuffle said:

Pretty weak....staying a day extra to bring back a cheap bottle of booze does not constitute what you call illegals

Yes it does....Canadians routinely overstay beyond six months, instantly become illegals.  

Some just stay all year and flit back and forth across the border to preserve provincial health care eligibility.

I have worked with many Canadian IT consultants in the U.S....we know all their tricks.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes it does....Canadians routinely overstay beyond six months, instantly become illegals.  

Some just stay all year and flit back and forth across the border to preserve provincial health care eligibility.

I have worked with many Canadian IT consultants in the U.S....we know all their tricks.

Again you are talking about snow birds....retiree's spending Canadian dollars ...not someone taking your jobs....a positive for the USA.

4 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Again you are talking about snow birds....retiree's spending Canadian dollars ...not someone taking your jobs....a positive for the USA.

No, I am talking about Canadian IT workers desperate for work, coming to the USA.   They come just like Indians, Pakistanis, Ukrainians, South Africans, Chinese, etc., many hoping to get the coveted "Green Card".   The Canadians think they are special status....but they are not.

There are many thousands of Canadian illegals in the U.S...they just won't go home.   I read their many sob stories on visa forums just for entertainment.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Indeed, but that seems a long, long time ago.   

Aye...it gets to be like a Zeppelin Song...10 Years Gone....oooops....wait, 20 years gone.

What fun.

As a kid, I would have figured you and I having this conversation in the Clipper heading to the big rotating Station. Not so... (♭ Blue Danube )

:D

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Russians didn't send the Millennium Bomber and other terrorists to the U.S.

Canada didnt send them terrorists to the USA either....it was the American policies that brought them to your doorstep. Im glad that the USA is tight with the Russia  cause you wouldn't want them to piss on you.....maybe that has already happened....

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Aye...it gets to be like a Zeppelin Song...10 Years Gone....oooops....wait, 20 years gone.

What fun.

Fun no more....at the border, some Canadians were asked what was their purpose for travel to the U.S.

"Officer, we're going to Women's  March protest in D.C. !"

Wrong answer....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Fun no more....at the border, some Canadians were asked what was there purpose for travel to the U.S.

"Officer, we're going to Women's  March protest in D.C. !"

Wrong answer....

Haha...yeah. I recall that.