What's Up With Kevin O'Leary?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so.

He might.....

After offering to invest $1 million in the Alberta oilpatch if Rachel Notley steps down, the wealthy ex-Dragon’s Den host mused about federal politics. “I thought at some point, someone is going to say to me, ‘If you can be such a critic, why don’t you do better? Why don’t you try it?’ I thought to myself, hmmm, maybe I should.”

O’Leary expressed his admiration for Donald Trump. “I know Trump. I know his family. I’ve watched him work. I think he’s smart as a fox.”

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/01/14/enter-the-dragon-how-the-cpc-leadership-field-feels-about-kevin-oleary/

I don't know much about O'Leary, I haven't seen him say the same ridiculous statements that Trump has. Is there enough policy proposals to even have an informed opinion of him as a candidate?

We have to be able to do better than someone like Justin Trudeau, who is entirely average, other than his primary accomplishment of being son of a former PM. I don't get the fascination of wanting to elect someone who is mediocre at best.

I don't know much about O'Leary, I haven't seen him say the same ridiculous statements that Trump has. Is there enough policy proposals to even have an informed opinion of him as a candidate?

We have to be able to do better than someone like Justin Trudeau, who is entirely average, other than his primary accomplishment of being son of a former PM. I don't get the fascination of wanting to elect someone who is mediocre at best.

I hardly know anything about him, either. I also didn't watch his tv shows (dragon something), and that exchange with Lang. I just hear his name or see him every now and then when being interviewed on news channels.

I heard he's a big time businessman - just how big, I don't know.

He might've been inspired by Trump's foray into politics.

Edited by betsy

The problem with O'Leary is that, as people have seen on Dragon's Den, he's a very greedy and selfish person and all he cares about is money or what will benefit him, and he doesn't give one rat about any consequence, social or otherwise, that his lust for money will have on other people.

There's other dragons on Dragon's Den that are great business people, but aren't completely heartless anti-social bastards. The only nice things I can say about the guy is that he's good at making money, and also he doesn't lie to hide the fact that he's a selfish greedy prick. Though I don't know if being unabashedly greedy & selfish is a good thing...

But hey, if Albertans want this guy representing their political interests as Premier, have fun!

I haven't seen anything on him running in Alberta, just federally.

Oh, my mistake. Federally...that's even worse. Fortunately most Canadians agree with my assessment of Kevin. Is there a more unliked Canadian TV personality than this guy? Maybe Duffy? LOL. This guy's fame is based on how unlikeable he is, but some CPC supporters think this guy could be an electable leader? :lol:

The problem with O'Leary is that, as people have seen on Dragon's Den, he's a very greedy and selfish person and all he cares about is money or what will benefit him, and he doesn't give one rat about any consequence, social or otherwise, that his lust for money will have on other people

Wasn't the whole point of that show about big shots who would invest in businesses or entrepreneurs if they could be convinced of their profit potential?

How do you get 'greed' from wanting to make a profit? Is it just Capitalism itself you disdain?

I've admittedly never seen the shows. I've mostly seen O'Leary interviewed on BNN about the stock market and various stocks and companies.

His schtick has always been plain speaking without much bothering to soften it up for fear of insulting or offending people. I like that.

He is a TV personality who hit the jackpot with one of his ventures after selling to Mattel. It was called one of the most disastrous acquisitions in history.

I used to enjoy him on Dragon's Den, but then he became too repetitive. Then I saw him talking business and politics on CBC and I have only wanted to avoid seeing him since then.

Here he is debating a 14 year. He ends up looking pretty pathetic.

He won't be able to take the CPC anywhere.

Edited by Hudson Jones

Wasn't the whole point of that show about big shots who would invest in businesses or entrepreneurs if they could be convinced of their profit potential?

How do you get 'greed' from wanting to make a profit? Is it just Capitalism itself you disdain?

I've admittedly never seen the shows.

Well then go watch the shows, otherwise it's impossible to know what I'm talking about. Even the other dragons are frequently taken aback by his behaviour on the show.

There's a big difference between wanting to make a profit and doing anything to anyone as long as you can get away with it in order to make absolutely as much profit as you can.

He's a prick.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Which appears to be his most endearing aspect to his fans. I hope he runs and wins myself.

I assume that's because O'Leary would send the CPC rocketing into the dustbin of obscurity?

-k