Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TimG said:

I don't think any Clinton "supporters" dispute her failings.

The issue is Trump is such vile scumbag that Clinton's failings are immaterial.

If the GOP could have fielded a candidate that was not such a miserable excuse for a human being then Clinton's failings would matter a lot. But that did not happen and Hillary gets a pass.

That is an issue for some, for sure, but I wouldn't call Clinton's failings immaterial......Trump is a scumbag without a doubt, but so too were many past "great" presidents. Clinton's failings relate to her judgement though her tenure in Government. The prospect of Trump leading the most powerful nation on the planet are a risky unknown, verses Clinton, an abject failure beset with poor choices (and backroom dealings and influence peddling?)......

Trump might have screwed with a few women.....The Clintons have screwed with a nation with the World's largest nuclear arsenal.

I do agree with your last point though, if the GOP had of selected a Rubio or a Bush they would be long on their way....

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

How can I not think you condone it when you make excuses about a guy who *brags* about doing it?   If he was a 15-year-old with no money and no social status, maybe he'd be just making it up.   But a rich, adult guy who's a celebrity?  He isn't kidding or making it up.  

This is just it. He's not some kid who doesn't know better. He's an adult who should have some common sense.

During the Primaries I likened Trump to a modern day P.T. Barnum......I still have that opinion of him, but, after tonight's debate, I'll add, Trump is a political Harry Houdini......Teflon Don, after tonight's performance, is back in this dumpster fire......Clinton looked frustrated and off message, due in part to Trump and Wikileaks.....likewise, the bias in the moderators seemed more pronounced, Anderson Cooper gasped after Trump wiggled out of the line of questioning over the "Trump sexual assault caught on tape"...

Trump didn't look rattled, still had that weird nasal sniff, and seemed more calm and prepared. Clinton seemed caught off guard by Trump wiggling out of the "sex tape" and going on the attack with so many different issues....at times she looked flabbergasted......if Wikileaks didn't get the coverage it deserved due to the leaked Trump tape over the weekend, it will going forward.......Clinton even confirmed some of the Wikileaks content by acknowledging that she held public and private (see behind closed doors) positions, likening it to Abe Lincoln.....

7 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

That is an issue for some, for sure, but I wouldn't call Clinton's failings immaterial......Trump is a scumbag without a doubt, but so too were many past "great" presidents. Clinton's failings relate to her judgement though her tenure in Government. The prospect of Trump leading the most powerful nation on the planet are a risky unknown, verses Clinton, an abject failure beset with poor choices (and backroom dealings and influence peddling?)......

And many of those "great" past presidents were unapologetic racists too. That does not mean they would have any chance of getting elected today.

I find Trump vile because of his business practices where he refuses to pay contractors for work done because he figures he can force them to re-negotiate contracts at a lower price because they are weaker financially. His other business are often scams where he lures in investors with his name who then go on to lose money while he pockets "management fees". On top of that he is completely clueless about almost every issue and very poor at taking advice from people how do understand the issues. 

In short, a sleazy lifetime politician is infinitely preferable to Trump.

47 minutes ago, betsy said:

Today's headline on the New York Post could very well finish Hillary, once and for all!

Betsy is now riding the subway and reading the tabloids. Look around the world, I suggest the Washington Post for starters.

Donald Trump once again relied on many dubious and false claims that have been repeatedly been debunked. His Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, on occasion made a factual misstep, but it didn’t even compare to Trump’s long list of exaggerations.

34 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Betsy is now riding the subway and reading the tabloids. Look around the world, I suggest the Washington Post for starters.

Donald Trump once again relied on many dubious and false claims that have been repeatedly been debunked. His Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, on occasion made a factual misstep, but it didn’t even compare to Trump’s long list of exaggerations.

Doesn't matter. 

Those tabloid headlines work!  Especially when people had watched the debate - that message gets hammered in! :)

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

Doesn't matter. 

I know, the truth doesn't matter. Did you bother to read the article I linked? I expect you will be seeing a lot of headlines over the coming days. Standing on stage and lying through you teeth only gets you votes from the deplorables. 

The jail comment is the big takeaway, but those who don't seek an authoritarian dictator for president actually think it looks way worse on Donald. His campaign is already trying to walk it back, saying it was a "joke" and a "quip." 

Locking up your political opponents puts him in the same camp as Putin, Duterte and Pinochet. I know authoritarianism has traditionally been popular among the right, but it doesn't get you more than 40% in the US.

The pathetic display of Bill Clinton accusers will also backfire. Google Jeffrey Epstein and look at his hotel guest list during the underage sex parties for which he was convicted (and pleaded the fifth when asked under oath of Donald was there).

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/30/the-billionaire-pedophile-who-could-bring-down-donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton.html

The Post headline that really sticks, however, is the one before it with all the cat faces for censored letters.

Edited by BubberMiley

12 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

That is an issue for some, for sure, but I wouldn't call Clinton's failings immaterial......

I'm still waiting for someone to actually substantiate these failings. The airwaves have been filled with accusations for years, but where's the evidence?

Trump is a scumbag without a doubt, but so too were many past "great" presidents. Clinton's failings relate to her judgement though her tenure in Government.

Trump has a lot more provable misjudgements in his past. More importantly, his major problems relate to character, or lack thereof. He has shown himself to be a mean spirited, arrogant and cruel man who surrounds himself with sycophants and becomes infuriated when contradicted, denied or refuted. His ignorance about almost every aspect of government is only surpassed by his stunning lack of awareness of the basics of public dignity, decency and behavior.

The prospect of Trump leading the most powerful nation on the planet are a risky unknown, verses Clinton, an abject failure beset with poor choices (and backroom dealings and influence peddling?)......

Every political party lives on backroom deals, and always has. And the US is set up for influence peddling. It even gives out thousands of top jobs, including ambassadorships, to those who donate money to the party that wins office. As for the risk of a Trump presidency. I personally think a guy whose only acquaintance with the military is avoiding the draft claiming he loves war and he's good at it and he knows a lot more than the generals is a lot more dangerous than Clinton. I also think Trump would run roughshod over constitutional guarantees, and appoint only yes-men to every key office, including the top generals.

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Today's headline on the New York Post could very well finish Hillary, once and for all!

http://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-october-10-2016/

It was one of the best response Trump gave to Hillary last night.

And the unthinking brayed with delight. The Post, as a paper which caters to the unthinking, has been a strong Trump supporter from the start.

In Bloomberg News, on the other hand, owned by a Republican, we see instead the worry about the new depths to which Trump has plunged, pointing out that one of the reasons democracies succeed is that a party can surrender power to another without worrying the other party will use the levers of power then to attack and jail them. That Trump wants to do just that indicates what kind of a venal, angry man he is, and how little respect for democracy he has.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-10/trump-would-jail-clinton-there-s-a-name-for-that

I point out again that no one in history has been charged, let alone jailed for mistakenly sending some emails which turned out to be classified. And despite the delusional conspiracy lovers on the Republican side, the FBI director is not the type to lie under oath and cover up on behalf of politicians.

14 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Didn't he already address the American people.....in which he apologized? 

He apologized, but never actually said that he didn't actually act that way. "It's just locker room talk" might suggest to some people that he doesn't really act like that, but he didn't actually say that he doesn't act like that.

-k

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Doesn't matter. 

Those tabloid headlines work!  Especially when people had watched the debate - that message gets hammered in! :)

That headline will be a huge hit with people who already have Hillary and with people who are still mad at Slick Willy. Those people already support Trump. It doesn't get him any new voters.

You said earlier that simple statements resonate, and nothing is going to resonate more than "grab them by the pussy."

-k

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Doesn't matter. 

They sometimes do. That is what hucksters count on. As I watched Trump I was reminded of my earlier belief that had he not been born to wealth Donald Trump would be a used car salesman working for an unethical dealership on a rural highway. What I saw was an angry man who'd been browbeat by his boss for not making quota determined to close a deal at any cost. He spewed out one lie and mistruth after another, a torrent of BS like a used car salesman who cared nothing about truth and had no integrity. Sign it! Sign on the dotted line! Look at all these great features! The product doesn't like black people and latinos? "This product is great for Blacks and Latinos!" The product knows nothing about the military? "This product knows more about ISIS than the generals!" The product will give huge tax breaks to the rich? "This product will make the rich pay!" The product has never ever shown the slightest concern or care for the poor or middle class? "This product will help the middle class!"

How? Don't ask. Look at these great features!

But you're going to do away with public health care in favor of some great new wonderful system. What are the details?

Never mind that! Look at these other great features!

And if you get buyers remorse after you drive the clunker off the lot, tough. No returns. No refunds.

Hard to believe the sheer gall of the man, a serial adulterer, trying to make the election about Clinton's unfitness for office because her husband was an adulterer.

In fact, it's astonishing that the party of God, the party of family values, is represented by a brain-trust, if you can all it that, of adulterers. Trump, his advisor Rudy Giuliana, his other advisor Newt Gingrich, and his other advisor Roger Alles. They're all notorious adulterers, and yet they've made this election all about the adultery of Hillary Clinton's husband. Maybe they see it as a club to beat Hillary Clinton with, as in Trump's statement that after 35 you're done being sexually interesting as a woman. So you have the sight of these extremely unattractive old male adulterers sneering and mocking and deriding Hillary Clinton because her husband strayed. The hypocrisy is almost unbelievable.

No doubt they all consider themselves to be handsome and virile and sexually attractive because they pay young women to service them.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

He apologized, but never actually said that he didn't actually act that way. "It's just locker room talk" might suggest to some people that he doesn't really act like that, but he didn't actually say that he doesn't act like that.

-k

He did pretty clearly last night when Anderson Cooper (as a follow-up) asked exactly that.

47 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

He did pretty clearly last night when Anderson Cooper (as a follow-up) asked exactly that.

I wouldn't say clearly, Cooper asked the followup and repeated it another two times before her actually said in an offhand manner he didn't do that. He was avoiding saying that like the plague. 

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I wouldn't say clearly, Cooper asked the followup and repeated it another two times before her actually said in an offhand manner he didn't do that. He was avoiding saying that like the plague. 

in response to Cooper's third follow up Trump clearly said "not at all"........seems pretty clear to me.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Looks like these will be pretty damaging to Clinton (ie. Bill and Chelsea).  Also aligns exactly with Trump's strategy of going after her family, so we can now rest assured we know who is paying for this.  

I wouldn't call it one sided or his own strategy.......in the past both sides relied on Super PACs and the media to go after families and friends etc......the difference now, Trump does his own dirty work running the mud-cannon.