Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, kimmy said:

Demagoguery was a big part of Trump's pitch, A lot of people bought in, and they've got high expectations.

-But- demagoguery was a keystone of Clinton's campaign, fueled by the media, liberal Hollywood, special interests and of course the establishment........both the Democratic and Republican establishments lost touch with the people and in turn, this election.

I don't think Trump can deliver the 5% growth he promised, or the millions of Rust Belt jobs he promised, or make ISIS vanish, or most of the other stuff he promised.

I wouldn't bet on him delivering on even a 1/3rd of the promises.......but it remains to be seen.

But with the White House, Congress, the Senate, and soon the Supreme Court, he can definitely deliver some socially conservative red meat to appease his constituency.

I'd definitely be worried if I was on the other side of the border.

-k

W Bush held a majority in the Congress, Senate and the SC......actual social conservatives, unlike Trump, and the World didn't end.

Trump won this election through populism, and I would think this trend will continue.........with that, I wouldn't be the least surprised if many of these red meat social issues will be handed over to the States (as was intended by the Founding Fathers).Without a doubt, he could fill upwards of four Supreme Court seats, the current vacant spot, Reagan's last pick and both of Bubba Clinton's picks based on age alone, resulting in a 7 of 9 seat Republican majority......which, as I said to Argus in another thread, will preclude activist judges from the bench, instead maintaining strict Constitutional judges. 

If Americans want new laws, elect lawmakers.......

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yes, I'm sure we pay less. Everyone on planet Earth pays less than the Americans.

I'll keep that in mind as I'm pumping my gas at twice the amount that they pay, drinking my twice as expensive alcohol, paying GST or paying my 10% more in income tax. 

7 hours ago, BC_chick said:

ETA - and the media!  Wow, they were shameless, it was painful to watch.  I can totally get why the anger from the Trump camp was legit when it came to the way the media handled their candidate.

I agree.......minus FOX. FOX is the only network that gave both sides the same treatment.......for others to suggest FOX (wholesale) was in the bag for Trump is laughable, they (namely Bill O'Reilly, Chris Wallace, Dana Perino, Brent Humme, Charles Krauthammer and of course, Megyn Kelly) were very tough on Trump, Trump complained numerous times about FOX interviewers and hosts)

Trump is his own worse enemy, but the mainstream media, aside from being proven to sandbag Sanders, without a doubt was unfair to Trump

52 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I'll keep that in mind as I'm pumping my gas at twice the amount that they pay, drinking my twice as expensive alcohol, paying GST or paying my 10% more in income tax. 

Right now gas just across the border in Sumas is only about 4-6 cents a litre less than Abbotsford at today's exchange rate. US employer sponsored health care premiums in 2012 averaged $15,700 USD per family and $5600 USD per individual. If you didn't have access to a group plan, who knows. How would you like to pay?

Can't leave out Canada's state broadcaster...the CBC (Clinton Broadcasting Corporation).   The CBC hammered away at Trump relentlessly, especially after he won the GOP nomination.  Neil McDonald and others would try to find new angles for their cross border hit pieces on Trump.   "Angry white men" was a common refrain.

20 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Right now gas just across the border in Sumas is only about 4-6 cents a litre less than Abbotsford at today's exchange rate. US employer sponsored health care premiums in 2012 averaged $15,700 USD per family and $5600 USD per individual. If you didn't have access to a group plan, who knows. How would you like to pay?

We pay about $4.35 per gal, they pay about $2.25.  

9 hours ago, sharkman said:

No, Obama opened the can of racist worms with several actions that he took and things he continually said.  Trump has not helped with his comments about banning Muslims and deporting Mexicans, but those are at least legitimate issues that must be dealt with.  

Sure.  legitimate issues that should be dealt with within the context of human rights.  But Leadership's rhetoric counts.  And when the Leadership legitimizes bigotry against certain people or classes of people... then there are always somebody with a slogan on a t-shirt ready to take up the cause....  

There has been a surge in hate crimes following Brexit in the UK, and you can be pretty sure to see something similar.  For the people on the receiving end, yes, "civilization" is seemed to be ending.

Edited by Icebound

1 minute ago, Icebound said:

Sure.  legitimate issues that should be dealt with within the context of human rights. 

Nope....a President Trump understands that border security and counter terrorism comes first.  

If Trump wants to ban all emigration, visas, and refugees from any nation or region then he should do it. 

No foreign national has the right to come to another nation.

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

We pay about $4.35 per gal, they pay about $2.25.  

I was a off. According to Gas Buddy the average gas price in Washington right now is $2.70 per gallon or 71.4 cents a litre or 96 cents CAD at today's exchange rate. Abbotsford prices are between 1.05 and 1.11. Nowhere near double.

9 minutes ago, Wilber said:

I was a off. According to Gas Buddy the average gas price in Washington right now is $2.70 per gallon or 71.4 cents a litre or 96 cents CAD at today's exchange rate. Abbotsford prices are between 1.05 and 1.11. Nowhere near double.

Abbotsfor and washington aren't great examples because of the border - even so, that's 2.70 vs 4.20, but where I am the gas is 1.17 (4.40) and the US average is about 2.25

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nope....a President Trump understands that border security and counter terrorism comes first.  

If Trump wants to ban all emigration, visas, and refugees from any nation or region then he should do it. 

No foreign national has the right to come to another nation.

Sure.   would he be banning "all" emigration / refugees from "any region" because they are "all" rapists and terrorists?

Actually, other than Mexico, I don't believe any other "region" was specifically mentioned.  It was more like religion, not region.

Just now, Icebound said:

Sure.   would he be banning "all" emigration / refugees from "any region" because they are "all" rapists and terrorists?

Actually, other than Mexico, I don't believe any other "region" was specifically mentioned.  It was more like religion, not region.

Whatever it takes....several nations would define the "target" region.   President Carter banned travel by Iranians to the USA.

No reason is actually required.   Same rules as a Canadian/American trying to cross the border.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Whatever it takes....several nations would define the "target" region.   President Carter banned travel by Iranians to the USA.

No reason is actually required.   Same rules as a Canadian/American trying to cross the border.

Carter was in a de-facto war state with Iran because of the Hostage issue.   Syria is not.

Sure you can ban anybody you want.  It does not make sense, but you can do it.   But a blanket ban on Syrians was not proposed.  It was a ban specifically on Muslims.  Nobody said anything about banning Christian Syrians?

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Look, out tax structure is slightly different, but lets not pretend that we pay less taxes (outright and hidden) than the US.  I'm sure you know this though - right?

I don't pretend that we pay less taxes.   But YOU pretend that the US pays less taxes.  The taxes are spread out differently.  Other costs and fees are spread out differently and priced differently.  Trying to compare, is apples and oranges.   Check out the happiness index between the two countries, regardless of what it "costs".