Trudeau at the World Leaders G-20

At the G-20 today JT was telling the world the proper way to build a society. What a classless thing to do at a time when the rest of the world is grieving along with France.

"Hey dummies, if you all just did things the same way we do things like this wouldn't happen to you!"

Trudeau still doesn't understand the length and breadth of religious intolerance. The rest of the world didn't "grow up" the way we did, without war and constant pressure along every foot of our border, 360 degrees, 365 days/year. He doesn't understand the religious alliances that formed over the millennia inside of that crucible. He doesn't know what's happening in France, Malta, the Phillipines, all across Africa, in cities all across Europe, in France, in the Middle East, and here in Canada where Muslims are already intent on living under sharia law while they are only a tiny fraction of our population. Hell the Protestants and Catholics still discriminate against each other in Ireland.

We do need to take a hard line on religion dominating over democracies. We do need to put the lives of Canadians ahead of immigrants no matter how desperate they are. Trudeau needs to put his foolish pride aside and do what's right for Canada regardless of his idiotic election promises that everyone knew he couldn't keep anyways, and he needs to stop telling the rest of the world to come live in the clouds with him. The G20 members have real problems to solve. Trudeau should just keep his mouth shut and make people guess how stupid he is. Just stick to the selfies.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since u didn't link your remarks I'm not sure which speech u r talking about but the one I heard , Trudeau was telling the G20, what Canada has done in the past and what he thought the future may be concerning immigration. On the other side, Harper did tell the G20 how they should run their countries economy, did he not?

Canada would be a much safer stronger and better place under Trudeau. It was the conservatives who overrode democracy with religious belief to satisfy their core supporters (the religious fanatics) and they are gone. You will be surprised again how Trudeau will act to make Canada safe and strong as he surprised many including his rivals by his unexpected performance during the long campaign.

The nation was right in dumping the backward corrupt scandalist old conservative regime and replace it with a fresh young energetic open minded feminist liberal government.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

At the G-20 today JT was telling the world the proper way to build a society. What a classless thing to do at a time when the rest of the world is grieving along with France.

"Hey dummies, if you all just did things the same way we do things like this wouldn't happen to you!"

Do you have a link to support your pontificating?

Do you have a link to support your pontificating?

I honestly thought that it would be easy to find the full speech that he made at the G20 but CBC just picks it up at the part where he talks about how Canada successfully integrated immigrants....blah blah blah. Their other story is that he got a "rock star reception" at the g2 from selfie fans. There ya go, public opinion straight from the CBC. I will keep digging.

Can anyone find a copy of the full speech he made today? I can just find editorialized snippets of it.

You'd think that in this day and age a speech of such magnitude would be easily available on youtube, cbc.ca, ctv, G&M or somewhere but all anyone has is their own opinion along with the bits of the speech that go along with it.

Edited by WestCanMan

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/g20-turkey-trudeau-1.3319803

The headline says "Justin Trudeau Gets A Rock Star Reception...."

That's not really open to interpretation.

I didn't ask for your 'not open to interpretation' interpretation. I'm telling you where that happened. Those people were business leaders. That's not a bad sign.

I didn't ask for your 'not open to interpretation' interpretation. I'm telling you where that happened. Those people were business leaders. That's not a bad sign.

I'm telling you what happened Smallc, the CBC reported that "Trudeau got a rock star reception at the G20". That's not an interpretation, it's a bolded news headline. That's the formation of public opinion in a nutshell.

I'm telling you what happened Smallc, the CBC reported that "Trudeau got a rock star reception at the G20". That's not an interpretation, it's a bolded news headline. That's the formation of public opinion in a nutshell.

And who were the people giving him the rockstar reception?

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2678854482

This is all I've got, but it's enough.

Instead of saying anything about France (or lebanon) at the g20 he's talking about how great Canada is at turning refugees into model citizens

"Canada has always known that drawing people in and giving them paths to succeed..."

"We figured out a long time ago that..."

"This is a lesson that we all need to learn..."

It's a good speech to Canadians about why we should take in refugees but sorely out of place there at that moment.

He was pontificating, and his speech was completely condescending without a mention of the events that occurred. France and the rest of the G20 didn't need to hear about our success rate over here where we are all fat and happy on this occasion. It's a time to discuss action, not rainbows and puppie dogs.

Yes. That is correct.

The title of this thread was changed.

I really do not know what it is with some of the folks on this board. You seem to enjoy going out of your way to demean the leader of your country and by doing that, demean and undermine Canada and the system which it employs. Stephen Harper was the legitimate Prime Minister of Canada and deserved the respect accorded to the individual who sat in that chair. Justin Trudeau is now our legitimate Prime Minister and deserves the respect accorded to that position.

Why do some of you folks have such a low regard for your country and your citizenship?

Are u saying that if one is PM then automatically respect is theirs, even though there was a lot of questionable activity going on during his era? Harper lost that respect, as did some of his MPs and that 's why the voters wanted him gone, as the song says. Only time will tell if Trudeau will keep that respect or lose it as Harper has done.

Once you lose respect for your government and your leadership then you lose respect for your citizenship of this great country:

"I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen."

I suggest that respecting and supporting your legally elected government is one of the duties as a Canadian citizen.

I have been voting in elections since John Diefenbaker was PM. I did not agree with every PM since then but never derided my Prime Minister or his office. I respect and value my citizenship too much to do that.

Canada would be a much safer stronger and better place under Trudeau. It was the conservatives who overrode democracy with religious belief to satisfy their core supporters (the religious fanatics) and they are gone. You will be surprised again how Trudeau will act to make Canada safe and strong as he surprised many including his rivals by his unexpected performance during the long campaign.

The nation was right in dumping the backward corrupt scandalist old conservative regime and replace it with a fresh young energetic open minded feminist liberal government.

What absolute nonsense, it's impossible that you exist in the same reality as me.

I really do not know what it is with some of the folks on this board. You seem to enjoy going out of your way to demean the leader of your country and by doing that, demean and undermine Canada and the system which it employs. Stephen Harper was the legitimate Prime Minister of Canada and deserved the respect accorded to the individual who sat in that chair. Justin Trudeau is now our legitimate Prime Minister and deserves the respect accorded to that position.

Why do some of you folks have such a low regard for your country and your citizenship?

Justin Trudeau is doing a fine job of demeaning himself. He was an embarrassment to Canada on the world stage today, a rookie preaching to well seasoned world leaders about how the world should be run.

His economic agenda was upstaged by reactions to the terrorist attacks on Paris. Every other world leader committed to solidarity with France and to ramping up the fight against ISIS. Trudeau did NOT commit himself.

How can Canadians be expected to respect a leader who embarrasses before the whole world? His 'sunny days' agenda pales in the face of the terrorist onslaught. No one with half a functioning brain will take him seriously.

"Canada figured out a long time ago that differences should be a source of strength, not a source of weakness,'' Trudeau said.

He suggested a country should not be defined by ``national identity or ethnicity or language or background but on values,'' such as openness, respect, compassion, ``a willingness to work hard and be there for each other.''

Trudeau said this is "going to be the norm rather than the exception'' in a globalized world, driven by migrations and immigration.

"This is a lesson we all need to learn,'' he stressed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11/15/trudeau-g20_n_8568014.html

Am I to take from this that in his view, Canada has no national identity, no ethnicity, no identifiable language and no history? If so, that could explain why the portrait of the Queen was removed from the lobby of the Foreign Affairs building.