Name the next CPC and NDP leaders

hitops

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 9:14 PM, Argus said:

Trudeau promised to implement every single one of the recommendations from the Truth and Reconciliation Report. That'll cost billions every year.

Unless he was lying, of course.

No way man, I cannot believe that any politician in Canada would lie to me. It just cannot happen here in Canada.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎15 at 9:04 AM, Smallc said:

Like i said months ago - the race is executing virtually no one. That's true of either party.

We need a real politically correct politician to run in Canada, not a bunch of yes men and women. And so far there does not seem to be any on the arisen yet. A Trump like person is needed to get the elite establishment off our backs, and give us back our freedom. When was the last time we heard a politician say anything against multiculturalism or political correctness? Never. And if one were to come along well he/she better be in good shape to be able to take on the attacks and insults from the elite, their media, and their politicians if he/she is going to try and get somewhere. The elite in America made the mistake of allowing Trump to be where he is today because they thought he would never make it but he did. And you can bet your sweet britches that the elite here in Canada will never allow a Trump type person to ever run for PM in Canada. Good luck to anyone who tries too. One better be squeaky clean and have said nothing that can be deemed to be politically incorrect in their past that the elite, media and politicians can nail and use against them. The reality is that the truth can set us free but try to expose the truth in Canada. A true exercise in futility.  

23 hours ago, Argus said:

Nonentity Chris Axworthy to throw his hat into the Tory race. Needless to say I would pick him LAST, since he starts his campaign by doing the old hack politician trick of using immigration to appeal to ethnic voters.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/chris-alexander-announces-tory-leadership-bid-wants-canada-to-boost-immigration-to-400000-a-year

Yup ,he lost my vote.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

We need a real politically correct politician to run in Canada, not a bunch of yes men and women. And so far there does not seem to be any on the arisen yet. A Trump like person is needed to get the elite establishment off our backs, and give us back our freedom. When was the last time we heard a politician say anything against multiculturalism or political correctness? Never. And if one were to come along well he/she better be in good shape to be able to take on the attacks and insults from the elite, their media, and their politicians if he/she is going to try and get somewhere. The elite in America made the mistake of allowing Trump to be where he is today because they thought he would never make it but he did. And you can bet your sweet britches that the elite here in Canada will never allow a Trump type person to ever run for PM in Canada. Good luck to anyone who tries too. One better be squeaky clean and have said nothing that can be deemed to be politically incorrect in their past that the elite, media and politicians can nail and use against them. The reality is that the truth can set us free but try to expose the truth in Canada. A true exercise in futility.  

Thank god for the "elite" and the media if they can help prevent a north of the border Trump.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

When was the last time we heard a politician say anything against multiculturalism or political correctness? Never. 

What exactly do you think 'cultural barbaric practices hotline' and 'Canadian Values test' are about?

1 hour ago, Newfoundlander said:

Thank god for the "elite" and the media if they can help prevent a north of the border Trump.

I guess you are one of those people who enjoy the elite and the lame duck media telling you how you are going to live your life, eh? Give me a Trump like politician anytime against the ones we have in Canada today. They could careless about you or me. I guess that is something you have not yet learned for yourself.  But hey.

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

I guess you are one of those people who enjoy the elite and the lame duck media telling you how you are going to live your life, eh? Give me a Trump like politician anytime against the ones we have in Canada today. They could careless about you or me. I guess that is something you have not yet learned for yourself.  But hey.

Why should I hate other cultures exactly? Actually the better question is why should I care enough about other cultures to let it bother me?

3 minutes ago, Newfoundlander said:

Why should I hate other cultures exactly? Actually the better question is why should I care enough about other cultures to let it bother me?

Because some foreign cultures like to try and force their foreign cultures on Canadians. I am not saying that Canadians should hate other cultures but Canadians should not have to accept them or force to accept them. When in Canada do as Canadians do. Keep your cultures at home you are in Canada now. So, what you are saying is that you are quite happy to accept and not bothered by some of the barbaric practises that other cultures do to their women in Canada which we have all heard about in the past because you could careless?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Because some foreign cultures like to try and force their foreign cultures on Canadians. I am not saying that Canadians should hate other cultures but Canadians should not have to accept them or force to accept them. When in Canada do as Canadians do. Keep your cultures at home you are in Canada now. So, what you are saying is that you are quite happy to accept and not bothered by some of the barbaric practises that other cultures do to their women in Canada which we have all heard about in the past because you could careless?

Hmmmm... we better be careful in Newfoundland and Labrador then because we have our own culture here.

7 hours ago, BC_chick said:

I wish Nathan Cullen would run for NDP.

He already said he wouldn't. I even asked him to in person and he still just said it's not the right time and he doesn't know if he will run for leader ever again. He likes being able to focus on his constituency.

Edited by cybercoma
typo

Erin O'Toole has officially announced he's entering the race. He seems head and shoulders above the rest of the field as far as I'm concerned. Former captain in the air force, where he was a navigator on helicopters, he left the military and became a lawyer before entering politics. His openness and likability were an immense contrast with that incompetent Fantino at Veterans Affairs when he was parachuted in to clean up the mess. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/erin-otoole-leadership-1.3804827

Edited by Argus

10 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Oh, I meant to mention it the other day. I still think Lisa Raitt will be the new leader.

Her French will be the biggest hurdle for her campaign, if she can't improve it, or learn it, quickly she may not even make it too convention. Erin O'Toole also makes her candidacy tougher, I think many people would be happy to support either one of them. While O'Toole says his French is not great at the moment he had been fluent. If his French is strong and hers is not I think people will chose O'Toole over Leitch.