Name the next CPC and NDP leaders

hitops

9 hours ago, Newfoundlander said:

Why? I say bravo to her for pushing back against those making sexist comments instead of letting it slide.

You may not like her but I know lots of people who aren't fans of the CPC and really like her. She'd be a very strong candidate and I think cause a bit of excitement. 

Would all those people who 'really like her' (how many people really like any politician?) actually vote for a party led by her? I have already conceded she's bright and photogenic but IMO also abrasive and prone to shrillness, e.g. some of those Critch tweets, and I can't see her having much appeal to centrist voters which is the only place the Conservative Party can expand. Raitt and O'Toole have a significant advantage there. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

11 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Would all those people who 'really like her' (how many people really like any politician?) actually vote for a party led by her? I have already conceded she's bright and photogenic but IMO also abrasive and prone to shrillness, e.g. some of those Critch tweets, and I can't see her having much appeal to centrist voters which is the only place the Conservative Party can expand. Raitt and O'Toole have a significant advantage there. 

I think she does. 

So the newest Tory leadership candidate is Steven Blaney, who started out his candidacy promising to ban niqabs in a whole bunch of places.  I'm wondering what Blaney's game is. I don't think he really believes he has a chance of winning. I think he's just trying to raise his profile in Quebec, and this will do that. Eighty percent of Quebecers support the Quebec Liberal party's bill 62, which would ban any sort of facial covering while giving or receiving public services. I find it hard to believe Quebec tories are any more tolerant of niqabs, so he will get a lot of support there. I think he's trying to position himself as a bigger Quebec name, someone who has to be taken more seriously by the leadership.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3021779/conservative-stephen-blaney-niqab-ban/

3 hours ago, Argus said:

So the newest Tory leadership candidate is Steven Blaney, who started out his candidacy promising to ban niqabs in a whole bunch of places.  I'm wondering what Blaney's game is. I don't think he really believes he has a chance of winning. I think he's just trying to raise his profile in Quebec, and this will do that. Eighty percent of Quebecers support the Quebec Liberal party's bill 62, which would ban any sort of facial covering while giving or receiving public services. I find it hard to believe Quebec tories are any more tolerant of niqabs, so he will get a lot of support there. I think he's trying to position himself as a bigger Quebec name, someone who has to be taken more seriously by the leadership.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3021779/conservative-stephen-blaney-niqab-ban/

I think Blaney waited a bit too long to enter the race but he probably appeals to Quebeckers more so than Bernier does. As well, his clearer vision on identity politics will probably help him more so than it has helped Leitch. I don't know how long he'll last though. 

When I get to hear a politician from the PC's muster up enough guts to say that, as the leader of the PC'S my main concern will be about political correctness, multiculturalism and massive third world immigration, which I am prepared to take on and fix. That person would then get my vote, and I would obtain a membership. I await and hope for someone. 

14 hours ago, Newfoundlander said:

I think Blaney waited a bit too long to enter the race but he probably appeals to Quebeckers more so than Bernier does. As well, his clearer vision on identity politics will probably help him more so than it has helped Leitch. I don't know how long he'll last though. 

He wants to be the Quebec lieutenant of the next leader and he's afraid that's going to go to Bernier because of his higher profile. I think he only cares about garnering support from Quebec.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

When I get to hear a politician from the PC's muster up enough guts to say that, as the leader of the PC'S my main concern will be about political correctness, multiculturalism and massive third world immigration, which I am prepared to take on and fix. That person would then get my vote, and I would obtain a membership. I await and hope for someone. 

You realize that will never happen right? The Tories work as hard to get the ethnic vote as the Liberals do.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

Max is your man.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

You realize that will never happen right? The Tories work as hard to get the ethnic vote as the Liberals do.

I guess that is why the liberals want to bring in another 400,000 new immigrants from the third world next year, eh? They want that ethnic vote no matter what happens to Canada, and it's culture and traditions. There is no limit as to how far the liberals will go for a vote. Even if the host white people go minority status. Why do these white liberals want to make themselves become a minority is beyond belief. It is so true that when it comes to common sense and logic, the liberals have zilch. Pathetic indeed. 

2 hours ago, PIK said:

Max is your man.

If he were the man and believed in those things I mentioned, then the fake media would be all over him like fleas on a dog. No one running for leadership of any party will ever be allowed to say and get away with those things I mentioned above. Sadly, it is just not going to happen in Canada. The zionists who run and rule the roost will use their control of the fake media to make sure that no one does. The person would be creamed by them by their fake media. Canada has been bought and sold as they say. Aw well. 

19 hours ago, taxme said:

If he were the man and believed in those things I mentioned, then the fake media would be all over him like fleas on a dog. No one running for leadership of any party will ever be allowed to say and get away with those things I mentioned above. Sadly, it is just not going to happen in Canada. The zionists who run and rule the roost will use their control of the fake media to make sure that no one does. The person would be creamed by them by their fake media. Canada has been bought and sold as they say. Aw well. 

So its the jews fault?

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like O'leary has taken heart from the Trump success and is looking into fundraising to run for the Tory leadership.

Kevin O’Leary says he has been interviewing potential campaign managers and meeting with fundraisers and strategists as he continues to contemplate joining the federal Conservative Party leadership race in the wake of president-elect Donald Trump’s victory.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/kevin-oleary-considering-campaign-staff-for-possible-tory-leadership-bid/article33011390/

I get a kick out of the media making jokes about how many people are running, just like thee media did in the states.  I would think it is better then the coronation they had for trudeau and clinton and guess who won in america.

Tony Clement supports Bernier... that surprises me alot.

It's not because the americans had a presidential race with worst possible candidates that we have to do the same. How come you can think mister Joe Louis leaving national security documents to a criminal groupie with big boobs, would be the best candidat to win against Trudeau?

1 hour ago, PIK said:

I get a kick out of the media making jokes about how many people are running, just like thee media did in the states.  I would think it is better then the coronation they had for trudeau and clinton and guess who won in america.

The Liberals still had a nice crop of candidates running when Trudeau won though. Besides Trudeau there were two MPs, a former MP, a former cabinet ministers and some lesser known candidates. None of them stood a chance but they still ran.

The Conservative race is too big. They can't even have a proper debate with so many on stage, just like the Republicans couldn't.

On 10/26/2016 at 9:32 PM, Newfoundlander said:

Or back out and join bernier and help him in quebec, and get another nice cabinet post out of it.

• 1 month later...

Nobody seems to be taking much about Andrew Scheer, though he seems to have the most support in caucus.

Mr. Scheer’s agreeable nature appears to be working: He has so far amassed the most support in the Conservative caucus, a tally that could give him the edge in the leadership race.

He has 23 Conservative MPs and six senators endorsing him, the most of any other contestant. Last week, four Quebec MPs added their names to the list, a significant number for a party that only has 12 MPs from the province, two of whom are already running for leader. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/why-andrew-scheer-could-be-the-next-conservative-party-leader/article33625346/

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Nobody seems to be taking much about Andrew Scheer, though he seems to have the most support in caucus.

Mr. Scheer’s agreeable nature appears to be working: He has so far amassed the most support in the Conservative caucus, a tally that could give him the edge in the leadership race.

He has 23 Conservative MPs and six senators endorsing him, the most of any other contestant. Last week, four Quebec MPs added their names to the list, a significant number for a party that only has 12 MPs from the province, two of whom are already running for leader. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/why-andrew-scheer-could-be-the-next-conservative-party-leader/article33625346/

I've talked about Andrew scheer.  He's quite capable and would do a good job.  I don't know what his vision is though and I think he would get creamed by the liberal and media machine, he is more policy wonk but has no policy.  

Oleary however is media savvy and has a clear vision on how he would do things.  People want to vote for something instead of just becoming the leader.  

21 hours ago, Argus said:

He has the most support from caucus but at this point his campaign has been relatively quiet.

His campaign may very well be quietly signing up members and receiving the support of current members. 

18 hours ago, blueblood said:

I've talked about Andrew scheer.  He's quite capable and would do a good job.  I don't know what his vision is though and I think he would get creamed by the liberal and media machine, he is more policy wonk but has no policy.  

Oleary however is media savvy and has a clear vision on how he would do things.  People want to vote for something instead of just becoming the leader.  

I don't even know what would make Scheer quite capable of doing a good job. Maybe as leader he'd do well with regard to keeping the current party base together but his resume outside of politics is weaker than Trudeau's so who knows what he'd be like as a Prime Minister.