Driving With Pride

Big Guy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't. Unions! At one time I thought unions were useful. Not so much anymore.

Sure they can. I meant if he's too lazy to get with the program i.e. get therapy for his homophobia, then he should face the consequences of not doing something about his affliction.

I bet the public sector union this fellow belongs to long ago bargained for programs that encourage workers/members to overcome their disabilities. I'd be awfully surprised if the the same union doesn't also support the pride parade or it's goals as they pertain to people's rights in one way shape form or another.

What's the big deal? Let the homophobe follow his conscience. I doubt forcing him to drive the bus would change his attitude. He doesn't sound too bright anyway. Had he not said anything the chances of him being randomly picked for the job were likely quite slim. Otoh, if they pick him to drive, now that he has voiced his opinion, would it not be aggravating? I think firing him for following his ignorant beliefs where no actual harm would occur would be wrong. There are plenty of other routes to drive.

Sure they can. I meant if he's too lazy to get with the program i.e. get therapy for his homophobia, then he should face the consequences of not doing something about his affliction.

I bet the public sector union this fellow belongs to long ago bargained for programs that encourage workers/members to overcome their disabilities. I'd be awfully surprised if the the same union doesn't also support the pride parade or it's goals as they pertain to people's rights in one way shape form or another.

Disapproval of a lifestyle is not an illness, if it was, wouldn't most of us including you need therapy.

Disapproval of a lifestyle is not an illness, if it was, wouldn't most of us including you need therapy.

Is being heterosexual a "lifestyle"?

I don't consider being attracted to the opposite sex as a "lifestyle"... do you? If you don't, why the distinction between gay/straight sexual preference?

Yeah but it shouldn't stop you from doing your job. Unless you are willing to give up the job.

My issue was with Eyeball suggesting that disapproval of the gay lifestyle (and it is a lifestyle) is an illness. I disapprove of the junkie lifestyle, I disapprove or monster trucks and I disapprove of slutty behaviour too. You might disapprove of clubbing seals or bikers (whatever), It doesn't make any of us ill.

My issue was with Eyeball suggesting that disapproval of the gay lifestyle (and it is a lifestyle) is an illness. I disapprove of the junkie lifestyle, I disapprove or monster trucks and I disapprove of slutty behaviour too. You might disapprove of clubbing seals or bikers (whatever), It doesn't make any of us ill.

He spoke of homophobia. That is where you cross the line between choosing your own lifestyle, and opposing others who choose differnetly.

They can't. Unions! At one time I thought unions were useful. Not so much anymore.

How are they not useful?

They are extremely useful and often very effective in getting greater benefit for their members, which is after all their core purpose.

They are also useful in providing poltical pressure and delivering bloc votes. For example, they were very influential in electing both Alison Redford and Rachel Notley in Alberta. And that is in a province with less big labour presence than many others.

Yes, but only if we let our disapproval rule our lives and dominate our thinking - when it comes to the point that doing so effects our ability to work and interact with people normally. At some an individual either has to take responsibility for doing something about their problem or somebody else will.

Ooops! It turns out the bus driver is a Muslim!

(now watch all the Lefties backtrack and scurry for cover!)

Really? Don't Muslims believe gays should be arrested and such? I'd like to know the lefty response to gays being arrested and executed for being gay.

Really? Don't Muslims believe gays should be arrested and such? I'd like to know the lefty response to gays being arrested and executed for being gay.

I guess you weren't paying attention when lefties spoke out against Christians persecuting and killing gays decades ago. Why do we always have to repeat ourselves to you people? Right-wing conservatives in the meantime still insist on blocking virtually any and all efforts lefties try to institute that protects gay people.

I'll bet most right-wing conservatives are so dense they imagine the crazy assed maniac Muslims killing gays are liberal.

Religion makes everything worse but it takes conservatism to make things really godawful bad.