Female security screener won't frisk male passenger, so he can&#39

kimmy

Just heard an interview with this guy on the radio, and found this ridiculous.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/terrace-b-c-man-misses-flight-after-female-security-refuse-to-frisk-him-1.3195567

"And the words that came out of her mouth were, 'You're not going to be able to board this flight. You can't take this flight. You have to be patted down by male CATSA staff and one is not available.'"

Hart asked security staff to contact their supervisor and he says he also offered to be patted down by a female CATSA screener, a male Air Canada agent or an RCMP officer.

"I said, 'What can we do here?' And [the CATSA screener] said, 'I'm sorry you're just going to have to book another flight. We're not prepared to negotiate at all on that.'"

Hart says he was told the small airport's CATSA crew had only two male screeners, one of whom was on holiday and the other was off duty. He was asked to come back when a male CATSA agent would be on duty, and as a result, his trip was delayed by nine hours.

-k

It's pretty ridiculous that they had an all-female staff who were unwilling to screen male passengers, but that's on CATSA's hiring and scheduling. If this is an issue, then they should have mixed teams at all times so shit like this doesn't happen.

To me it's ridiculous that this policy-- which presumably was crafted for the benefit of the passengers' protection-- was non-negotiable even at the passenger's request... or at least in the security woman's mind. The CATSA spokesman said that the agent was in the wrong here.

One suspects that at some point in the past, an angry female passenger raised hell after being frisked by an overly zealous screener, and CATSA issued a blanket policy.

-k

I guess society's attitude is 'we need to protect women from men, who are all evil rapists' so we have to protect female employees from frisking passengers, and female passengers from being frisked by male employees.

This is why we are seeing things such as gender segregated swimming pools. To 'protect women'.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

I guess society's attitude is 'we need to protect women from men, who are all evil rapists' so we have to protect female employees from frisking passengers, and female passengers from being frisked by male employees.

This is why we are seeing things such as gender segregated swimming pools. To 'protect women'.

Do you have any evidence that this is the rationale for this policy? Because your explanation sounds like a crock of shit.

I have couple of articifial body parts. When these were implanted, I was given a special card which declared what I had. I have also gone to my physician before leaving the country for a certficte to indicate the artificial parts.

Have never been searched.

They don't do this any more. I have a relative who had a knee replaced last year and she doesn't have any card.

That's a huge failure of the airport. I hope the man is compensated for his money and time.

Also, those security staff should be fired. Any security worker who is so utterly devoid of common sense is clearly unable to do their job properly.

Because Caitlyn didn't "switch genders on the spot," you ignorant troglodyte.

Being able to 'switch genders on the spot' is exactly what the the LGBTQIADI activists demand when they push for people's 'self-identified' genders to be automatically accepted. He could have claimed he was female cross dresser and demanded pat down by female agents and sued for discrimination if denied. If you don't understand the inevitable result of your pet policies you should not be pushing them. Edited by TimG

Being able to 'switch genders on the spot' is exactly what the the LGBTQIADI activists demand when they push for people's 'self-identified' genders to be automatically accepted. He could have claimed he was female cross dresser and demanded pat down by female agents and sued for discrimination if denied. If you don't understand the inevitable result of your pet policies you should not be pushing them.

Oh, but I'm going to be the one suspended for responding to mouth-breathing garbage. Meanwhile, the thread has been derailed from airport security to transgender issues. Good job, idiots.

Oh, but I'm going to be the one suspended for responding to mouth-breathing garbage. Meanwhile, the thread has been derailed from airport security to transgender issues. Good job, idiots.

You should get a 'warning point' for personal attacks. Not much to debate about the airport issue: the agents were bureaucratic idiots. BC was the only person to suggest an alternative other than complaining about incompetent government officials.