This is proof majority WON'T be voting conservative!

Ohh these are sorry sorry days to be a conservative.

When Anti-Harper stickers get slapped on your tour bus, it's time to leave town!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/harper-kicks-off-re-election-campaign-in-montreal-hall-with-supporters-cheering-inside-demonstrators-sneering-outside

And here's a poll.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/334/new-democrats-headed-for-solid-minority

And here's some more opposition in an province where failure is not an option!

http://www.640toronto.com/2015/07/31/ofl-to-launch-dump-harper-campaign-this-weekend/

If you have more to add, give er!

WWWTT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh these are sorry sorry days to be a conservative.

When Anti-Harper stickers get slapped on your tour bus, it's time to leave town!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/harper-kicks-off-re-election-campaign-in-montreal-hall-with-supporters-cheering-inside-demonstrators-sneering-outside

And here's a poll.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/334/new-democrats-headed-for-solid-minority

And here's some more opposition in an province where failure is not an option!

http://www.640toronto.com/2015/07/31/ofl-to-launch-dump-harper-campaign-this-weekend/

If you have more to add, give er!

WWWTT

This marks the beginning of the end for Harper's loathsome regime.

The op-ed shows exactly why people should exercise extreme caution when evaluating alternatives. The nastiness of the Left - as often demonstrated by Union-backed "demonstrations" should be of concern to all of us. If you'd like your country - our country - cowtowing to Union interests like Ontario has.....go ahead and vote for the NDP. Many may not like Harper. Many may not like the current edition of the Liberals led by Justin Trudeau.......but turning this country over to an protectionist, Quebec-centric, union affiliated government is not the brightest move one can make. But hey, the people get to speak - and if that's what they want, that's what we'll get.....just be careful what you wish for.

Very encouraging results in the latest poll. I hope that NDP holds its lead and form the next government. To me I want to see the end of Harper regime at any cost.

Damn him for being ever so slightly to the right of centre, eh!?

The op-ed shows exactly why people should exercise extreme caution when evaluating alternatives. The nastiness of the Left

:lol:

Conservative view of union support to vote = nastiness!

Sounds like the fascist conservative absolutely hate it when the wheels of democracy are in motion!

Sorry to tell you Keepitsimple, but Pinochet is dead.

WWWTT

The problem with THIS Conservative Party is Harper. If they got rid of him, they probably do better.

That depends on what the new dictator's policies would be.

Had Harper made half an effort to implement some sort of meaningful environmental controls during the early part of his mandate, the Keystone XL pipeline would be laying pipe right now. But if "new conservative" means the same policies, our trading partners will continue to drag their feet on stuff like that.

The problem with THIS Conservative Party is Harper. If they got rid of him, they probably do better.

I doubt that.

conservative corporate buy ins are the problem. Same problem with the liberals

Hence the strong polling by the NDP.

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

The NDP are polling strong because people don't like governments for more than a decade. It actually doesn't matter in the slightest what you do, after 8-10 years, simply being there that long will get you enough dislike to be tossed.

Not that this is a bad thing, it's good for a democracy for the government to know their time is limited.

The claims about the dictator etc is the usual nonsense hyperbole from those actually have no problem with a leader acting that way, they are just upset it is not their guy doing it. All the evidence from managing internal party affairs suggests the liberals and NDP would probably be worse.

That doesn't explain why they've chosen the NDP over the Liberals. Traditionally power is traded between the Liberals and the Conservatives.

Pretty simple - if the Liberals had elected Marc Garneau as leader, we'd have ourselves a completely different ball game - and a completely different Liberal Party......

Pretty simple - if the Liberals had elected Marc Garneau as leader, we'd have ourselves a completely different ball game - and a completely different Liberal Party......

Simple how? I don't see how that's relevant at all. If the Conservatives had Stephen Woodworth as their leader, we'd have a different ball game too. What does fantasy situations have to do with anything?

That doesn't explain why they've chosen the NDP over the Liberals. Traditionally power is traded between the Liberals and the Conservatives.

True but it does explain why they don't like the conservatives.

The majority never votes for any party. I'm not sure how stating the majority won't vote conservative is new information.

Edited by hitops

The op-ed shows exactly why people should exercise extreme caution when evaluating alternatives. The nastiness of the Left - as often demonstrated by Union-backed "demonstrations" should be of concern to all of us. If you'd like your country - our country - cowtowing to Union interests like Ontario has.....go ahead and vote for the NDP. Many may not like Harper. Many may not like the current edition of the Liberals led by Justin Trudeau.......but turning this country over to an protectionist, Quebec-centric, union affiliated government is not the brightest move one can make. But hey, the people get to speak - and if that's what they want, that's what we'll get.....just be careful what you wish for.

I wish for an end to Harper nastiness.

I wanted to slot this local story in somewhere without having to start a new thread for it, so I hope this is as close to the right place as possible. To put it simply, if the Conservatives had a hope in hell of winning votes in the NDP stronghold of Hamilton, this band of rabid social conservative supporters just blew it for the CPC:

Graphic anti-abortion, anti-Trudeau ads surface at Hamilton homes

Rein Ende found the same flyer in his mailbox on Monday. "That was, of course, the civic holiday, and I believe there was no mail delivery that day – so it must have been dropped off by some activist squad," he said.

"This is going to be a long campaign. If this is the level of nastiness we are starting with, where does it go from here?"

Flyer attacks pro-choice Liberal leader

The flyer, which claims Trudeau "supports abortion until birth," is made by the Canadian Centre of Bio-Ethical Reform (CCBR).

The group has previously angered residents in Hamilton with a similar ad campaign targeting NDP MP Chris Charlton and by hanging graphic anti-abortion banners off the Lincoln Alexander Parkway..............

The city of Hamilton has asked the provincial and federal governments to step in and pass laws that would prevent images of aborted fetuses from landing on local doorsteps.

Council voted last year to ask for legislation preventing advertising or communications from showing "gruesome and disturbing images."

Political beliefs left in mailbox

Stephens, however, is less than thrilled with the city's response to her situation. She called the city's bylaw enforcement department Tuesday to ask why it was OK for graphic flyers to be left on her property.

"I told the man about my son, and he told me [the flyer] would open the door to talking to my 13-year-old son about abortion," she said.

"I explained to him that it was my choice when and how I spoke to my son about abortion. Not a stranger forcing me to do it because their political beliefs are left in my mailbox for him to find."

Looks like everything that can possibly go wrong for the Harper Campaign is landing on them all at once! You can only be lucky for so long.

I love how people are screaming that 60% want a new government. In every election, 60% want change. Harper majority and if he did lose who cares. I am very proud of how he lead and we will just sit back and watch one of the other 2 destroy the place.

I love how people are screaming that 60% want a new government. In every election, 60% want change. Harper majority and if he did lose who cares. I am very proud of how he lead and we will just sit back and watch one of the other 2 destroy the place.

It was just different when the liberals won with 38 40 and 36% Don't you know that?

I know lol. It's as if they have never seen a political poll before.

If you get < 60% against you in Canadian leader polls, you are freaking killing it.

Edited by hitops