This is proof majority WON'T be voting conservative!

....and the anybody-but-Harper crowd act as if that 60% is one big lump of voters who all want the same thing. In fact most Liberals hate the NDP and most NDP hate the Liberals - always will apparently. Green and Bloc.....well, who knows. So the reality is that less people have been opposed to the Conservatives than any other party. A cynic might say the Tories - and the Liberals before them - were voted in because the most people felt they would do the least harm.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The figure is not 60% wanting change, it's 77% (according to Abacus). Given Tory support in polls of roughly 30%, this must mean about a quarter of Conservative supporters want Harper gone. If you doubt such voters exist simply read Argus' many posts on Harper's stale leadership.

None of us are all that fond of Harper. The problem is, many of us are less fond of Trudeau, and very uncertain about the NDP even under Mulcair.

None of us are all that fond of Harper. The problem is, many of us are less fond of Trudeau, and very uncertain about the NDP even under Mulcair.

I believe he has already said that if he is asked to form another government, he will be passing the baton to someone else at some point in his mandate - sooner in a minority.

I believe he has already said that if he is asked to form another government, he will be passing the baton to someone else at some point in his mandate - sooner in a minority.

Do people really believe Harper is the lynch pin for all this? That he truly is some lone authoritarian? That somehow the PMO will 180 under a new figurehead? That although his "style" will be gone so will the substance. You're dreaming in technicolour.

Do people really believe Harper is the lynch pin for all this? That he truly is some lone authoritarian? That somehow the PMO will 180 under a new figurehead? That although his "style" will be gone so will the substance. You're dreaming in technicolour.

So then, do you think a change in party will make a difference?

I see. So you're saying that Harper isn't really a dictator - as many posters openly cry? That the PMO actually controls Harper and a change in leader won't make a difference. Interesting - haven't heard that one before.

I see. So you're saying that Harper isn't really a dictator - as many posters openly cry? That the PMO actually controls Harper and a change in leader won't make a difference. Interesting - haven't heard that one before.

I think he might be trying to say that all Conservatives are dictatorial.

I think he might be trying to say that all Conservatives are dictatorial.

No partisans, I'm saying a party in power long enough is no longer controlled by a leader.....it is its own momentum. No different than terrorist cells, gangs, etc. It becomes a culture on to itself. Cut off the head and the hydra will just spawn younger ones. CPC, LPC, whatever. Even NDP will become this if they ever wield power. Control is the goal.....not improvement.

Can we thank Harper for the hydra we have now......probably......but that Liberal corruption machine can be equally placed at Chretien's feet even IF he wasn't on the take.

Sometimes you gotta "toss the bums out" for no other reason than there are too many heads on that hydra.

I don't trust the competence of Trudeau, or the sanity of the NDP. So I really don't have any other choice but to hope someone comes after Harper who loosens up the atmosphere somewhat.

Neither the Trudeau Liberals nor Mulcair NDP have given any sign they have any interest in freeing up their MPs or giving them more power than the conservative MPs have under Harper. Neither is likely to want committees of parliament taking embarrassing positions which counter government policy, nor their MPs, much less cabinet ministers, making statements that counter what their leader has said. The Reform party tried giving MPs independence to speak their mind and the press ate them for lunch while the public applauded. No political party will ever do that again.

I don't trust the competence of Trudeau, or the sanity of the NDP.

I trust in the competence of the thinktank he will parrot and there's nothing sobering more than financial reality.....Rae learned it.....hard. I think Mulcair understands it more......he may be an environmental zealot but Quebec Liberal is pretty tight with money.....as far as QC goes.

I trust in the competence of the thinktank he will parrot and there's nothing sobering more than financial reality.....Rae learned it.....hard. I think Mulcair understands it more......he may be an environmental zealot but Quebec Liberal is pretty tight with money.....as far as QC goes.

Good luck with that. Kathleen Wynne had Don Drummond create a blueprint to get the province out of debt and moving forward. She threw it in the trash can and has moved on to "accept" advice from Ed Clark - affectionately known as Red Ed. Now Justin's Liberals are looking at Chrystia Freeland and Scott Brison as their economic brains to chair their own version of a think tank. Trudeau's track record makes it clear he'll likely ignore their recommendations and do what he alone thinks is a political winner. So far we've seen "open" nominations, the abortion "my way or the highway" and the expelled Liberal "independent" senators - all heavy-handed Trudeau dictates that elicit "Bozo eruption" comments from his own party. Trust his "think tank" all you like - but can you really trust Trudeau?

Edited by Keepitsimple

I love how people are screaming that 60% want a new government. In every election, 60% want change. Harper majority and if he did lose who cares. I am very proud of how he lead and we will just sit back and watch one of the other 2 destroy the place.

It was just different when the liberals won with 38 40 and 36% Don't you know that?

I know lol. It's as if they have never seen a political poll before.

If you get < 60% against you in Canadian leader polls, you are freaking killing it.

....and the anybody-but-Harper crowd act as if that 60% is one big lump of voters who all want the same thing.

Hey where did you get these numbers?

I love it how you guys, pull numbers out of your ass, and then claim that these are the numbers I'm using!

:lol:

WWWTT

What makes you think they are mutually exclusive? I see in him a prettier Dalton McGuinty and want no part of it.

If you swing that way I guess?

Maybe this comment should be in the sex thread?

WWWTT

If you swing that way I guess?

Maybe this comment should be in the sex thread?

WWWTT

Harper is a strong leader. Some may feel that he's a bit over the top, but no one should be questioning his leadership skills. Has there been another politician in 50 years that have stepped up to the plate to make the tax system more fair to families that look after their own kids? Not one...until PMSH.

People must remember, if liberals are not happy with Justin, does not mean they will automatically just to the NDP. A lot of them could go to the cons instead of the NDP, since alot of liberals will not ever vote NDP.

Harper is a strong leader. Some may feel that he's a bit over the top, but no one should be questioning his leadership skills. Has there been another politician in 50 years that have stepped up to the plate to make the tax system more fair to families that look after their own kids?

Honestly, your extreme support for one candidate or another is hard to take seriously, given that you were giving equal praise to Justin and Pierre Trudeau on these pages rather recently.

If everything should be so obvious then why wasn't it obvious to you ? Are you going to turn again and support Muclair soon ?