Should 8YO girls go topless?..should boys?

Thanks, I'm just trying to fully understand that you, Cyber and Jacee are okay with people (I won't even call them pedophiles) who take and possess pictures of naked children.

Where did I ever say it was ok to take pictures of naked children? Don't put words in my mouth.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave your fantasies out of this. I said nothing about sexually gyrating or assaulting people by putting your organs in their faces.

Thats the picture you're drawing. Kids and adults naked together in a pool. Sexually organs aroused swirling around. It's obscene and disgusting. Lawsuits waiting to happen. Then a pedophile will stand next to a child with his penis in a child's face. Or maybe he's not a pedophile but happens to be close to a child in a pool. What then then? Both naked. His penis happens to brush the child's face during swimming. Is this assault? Children are gabby when young. Won't they try to grab at things that are hanging in the water make or female? This is asking for a lot of problems. I'm starting to think that the left plans these things and does them on purpose so that they can bring society even another notch to the left. What is your end goal? Why the constant push to the left? Why can't the left ever be happy the way things are? They must hate Canada if they want to change it all the time.

Thats the picture you're drawing. Kids and adults naked together in a pool. Sexually organs aroused swirling around. It's obscene and disgusting. Lawsuits waiting to happen. Then a pedophile will stand next to a child with his penis in a child's face. Or maybe he's not a pedophile but happens to be close to a child in a pool. What then then? Both naked. His penis happens to brush the child's face during swimming. Is this assault? Children are gabby when young. Won't they try to grab at things that are hanging in the water make or female? This is asking for a lot of problems. I'm starting to think that the left plans these things and does them on purpose so that they can bring society even another notch to the left. What is your end goal? Why the constant push to the left? Why can't the left ever be happy the way things are? They must hate Canada if they want to change it all the time.

You've given this an awful lot of thought. . :rolleyes:

Not at all. Just things that come to me as I'm typing this out.

Except the, uh, vivid scenario is unlikely to play out much in the real world. It exists only in the, shall we say, colouful reaches of your imagination.

It's scary to think about children being victimized by sexual deviants.

As I said: children are far more likely to be victimized by "sexual deviants" they know and trust than any random stranger.

This discussion seems to have veered off from whether or not the pool had the right to ask this kid to cover up (which I don't think anyone has done) to whether or not parents are being paranoid and irrational in wanting their children covered up.

I personally like to cover up my kid and I find some things people do icky but I realize that many parents find my daughter's choice in clothes a little icky by their standards.

So be it, parenting is a very personal choice. Do we really need to start name-calling here?

ETA, this post was not a reference to the post before mine. It was generally stated toward several posters all of whom are showing very self-righteous and condescending tones in their posts.

Edited by BC_chick

The rules are in place for certain reasons, primarily the safety of children, also the comfort of those who don't care to see naked people at the public pool.

I agree with the rule. The lefties dont want anyone telling them anything....ever. The 2 shit for brains hippie parents told their kid she can do and wear whatever she wants (which was wrong) and put their own child in an embarrassing situation themselves.

Edited by Hal 9000

The rules are in place for certain reasons, primarily the safety of children, also the comfort of those who don't care to see naked people at the public pool.

I agree with the rule. The lefties dont want anyone telling them anything....ever. The 2 shit for brains hippie parents told their kid she can do and wear whatever she wants (which was wrong) and put their own child in an embarrassing situation themselves.

Oh, I thought you were being called an irrational prude for believing that public nudity is not a good idea.

I stand corrected, you are also name-calling and expecting public policy that is at your personal comfort level, even if it's perfectly legal.

Never mind....

to whether or not parents are being paranoid and irrational in wanting their children covered up.

I don't think parents are paranoid or irrational to cover up their kids. I just posed the question, why shouldn't everyone be allowed to walk around naked anywhere, except private property who can set dress codes anyway.

The rules are in place for certain reasons, primarily the safety of children

You're making the argument that nudity makes someone unsafe. It's the same argument people use to say victims of rape had it coming to them because they wore revealing clothing. Rapists don't pick victims because of the clothes they are wearing. Rapists pick victims out of opportunity, especially when they victimize children. That's why the vast majority of rapists are known to the victim and that's why the clothing that victim wears has nothing to do with it. It's also the case that boys and girls are androgynous before puberty, so a pedophile should be just as aroused by a topless 8 year girl as a topless 8 year old boy. I get that you think victims invite rapists to attack them with how they dress, but that's not even remotely true.

I don't think parents are paranoid or irrational to cover up their kids. I just posed the question, why shouldn't everyone be allowed to walk around naked anywhere, except private property who can set dress codes anyway.

Well, that's beyond the scope of this thread but I'm sure it'll make for a great discussion.

What exactly is so horrifying about 8 year old children swimming topless in a public pool. These kids have no idea that adults are sexualizing them.

It's kind of disgusting that we have lowered the age of female victims to 8 years of age. And of course let's not forget that boys are just as easily preyed on from pedophiles. Should we ask boys to wear shirts at public pools.

You're making the argument that nudity makes someone unsafe. It's the same argument people use to say victims of rape had it coming to them because they wore revealing clothing. Rapists don't pick victims because of the clothes they are wearing. Rapists pick victims out of opportunity, especially when they victimize children. That's why the vast majority of rapists are known to the victim and that's why the clothing that victim wears has nothing to do with it. It's also the case that boys and girls are androgynous before puberty, so a pedophile should be just as aroused by a topless 8 year girl as a topless 8 year old boy. I get that you think victims invite rapists to attack them with how they dress, but that's not even remotely true.

Again, you're trying to assign "rape" to the issue. It's not always about rape, in fact; it's more about creeps jacking off to pictures they're taking of pubescent little girls - which is usually 8 years old.

In case you don't think pictures hurt, remember this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-girl-s-suicide-foreshadowed-by-video-1.1217831

or what about this?

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo9q3_41V.xUAHJgWFQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWc0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=Stop+the+Hating+Tv+Ad&vid=2a30df04c1b1e0affda415cc7f234901&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.lz6%252b%252bxRDZaWKJ9q7pb36iQ%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D168%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3qcu77VnX0g&tit=%26quot%3BStop+Hating+Online%26quot%3B+TV+ad&c=0&h=168&w=300&l=31&sigr=11bavpm6t&sigt=114cm41ee&sigi=12o87f85o&age=1389291199&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=spigot-yhp-sfmac&tt=b

Again, you're trying to assign "rape" to the issue. It's not always about rape, in fact; it's more about creeps jacking off to pictures they're taking of pubescent little girls - which is usually 8 years old.

In case you don't think pictures hurt, remember this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-girl-s-suicide-foreshadowed-by-video-1.1217831

or what about this?

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo9q3_41V.xUAHJgWFQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWc0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=Stop+the+Hating+Tv+Ad&vid=2a30df04c1b1e0affda415cc7f234901&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.lz6%252b%252bxRDZaWKJ9q7pb36iQ%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D168%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3qcu77VnX0g&tit=%26quot%3BStop+Hating+Online%26quot%3B+TV+ad&c=0&h=168&w=300&l=31&sigr=11bavpm6t&sigt=114cm41ee&sigi=12o87f85o&age=1389291199&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=spigot-yhp-sfmac&tt=b

We are talking about 8 year old KIDS! They are not adults. Honestly. Why should we tell 8 year old girls to cover up and not boys if the concern is truly about pedophiles?

And I would suggest that we don't because there is this instinct we should dictate how females dress and not how males should dress.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

We are talking about 8 year old KIDS! They are not adults. Honestly. Why should we tell 8 year old girls to cover up and not boys if the concern is truly about pedophiles?

And I would suggest that we don't because there is this instinct we should dictate how females dress and not how males should dress.

Would you please put away your crusade against men for just one topic. This is simply about trying to make sure that as few girls as possible get exploited by creeps.

You're completely wrong if you think 8yo boys are getting photo'd without shirts as much as 8yo girls.

Would you please put away your crusade against men for just one topic. This is simply about trying to make sure that as few girls as possible get exploited by creeps.

You're completely wrong if you think 8yo boys are getting photo'd without shirts as much as 8yo girls.

My crusade against men. Oh please. Give it up.

And tell your response to the parents of boys who have been abused and murdered by pedophiles.

People are saying that patents should feel free to strip down their children completely naked and let them swing in public pools like that. Basically parading them in front if pedophiles. It's sick. Patents have an obligation to protect the children this only endangers them.

Parading your children in front of perverts taking pictures is so gross. Please keep your children wearing appropriate swimwear during the summer. Modesty isn't a crime.

Obviously your brain is somehow locked into this idea that a naked 8 year old is being paraded. Perhaps when attitudes like yours head the way of the dodo bird, nobody would have to worry about their little kid having fun in the sun,with or without clothes.

Again, you're trying to assign "rape" to the issue. It's not always about rape

When you talk about pedophiles, then you're implying rape. When you use the word exploit, you're talking about one of our sexual assault laws. Tie all of that to how someone's dressed and it's clear that you're saying someone can prevent being a victim of sexual assault and exploitation by dressing "modestly." In Saudi Arabia, that's a full face covering and not going into public with a male family member present or is that going too far for you? Maybe people should wear whatever they want and maybe we should go after the predators instead, hmm?

Edited by cybercoma