Should 8YO girls go topless?..should boys?

I know it because I have kids, friends and sisters, because I read the warnings sent out, because i (and my wife) work in the social system, because I know people at the police station, because I live and breathe in the real word.

We all know there are creeps in the world. I asked how you know someone is jacking it to pictures of your kid specifically (which is what you said).

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know there are creeps in the world. I asked how you know someone is jacking it to pictures of your kid specifically (which is what you said).

The incident that happened to my daughter happened when I was in LA on Santa Monica Beach. When I told some of my friends and family who are local, they told me that this issue had become somewhat serious because whether it was one person or a ring of people, people were posting the pictures of half naked kids on a website. Since they were taken in a public place, there was little recourse.

Here where I live phones are banned in many public swimming pools because believe it or not this crap is more commonplace than many people think. Phones are everywhere and pedophiles have networks. Even if the pictures don't end up on a site, who knows where they end up.

Of course, your child isn't getting hurt, but many parents are still uncomfortable thinking about their child's picture being traded on pedophille networks.

Again, it's their right if they don't care, but you're downplaying the reality of the repercussions.

Edited by BC_chick

You people are drawing "parallels" are really parallel at all. This isn't an 18 YO that's volunteered for an art class in a controlled environment, or a young woman who goes to a topless beach or breast feeding. No one here is oppressing women, no one's showing a puritanical attitude against breasts.

I simply think that 8 YO girls are beginning to enter that pubescent stage and should start to protect their privacy - their body. They are getting small boobies, pubic hair and in many cases, starting the stage of periods.

So what? What's your point?

What part of anyone at any age should be free to be naked was too difficult to understand the first time?

I can tell you're not a parent.

Wouldn't this be giving the pedophiles some pics for thier spank bank? Plus rapists start by peeping in most cases so if we allowed this the perverts could simply go to the nearest park take pics of naked children while they play. I don't think many parents would be stripping their children in public to go into the public pool. Most parents are more protective of their children then some others. Smh....Smh. ...what is happening to this country? I don't know where these people come from. It's sad....truly sad. Is this the urban attitude now? I live in the country and rarely go into the cities. Now I remember why...

Seriously sad that people would advocate for making their children victims of pedophiles.

Who advocated that? What a disgusting thing to say.

When you allow children to be completely nude in all public areas pedophiles are going to follow. To think they won't is naive. So by default that seems like what they ate saying. Not directly it's just the default result.

Plus I don't think that everyone is going to feel comfortable being around all these naked children in the pool. Myself included. If I want to swim I don't want to be looked at in a bad way because I happen to be swimming in the same pool as a bunch of naked teenagers.

As I said mist pedophiles start as peepers. So what this would do us allow pedophiles to peep on the open at every public splash pad and pool is this what we want for our society?

Edited by Canada_First

When you allow children to be completely nude in all public areas pedophiles are going to follow. To think they won't is naive. So by default that seems like what they ate saying. Not directly it's just the default result.

The problem is not naked children; the problem is the pedophiles and you blaming naked children for their behaviour.

Children or adults for that matter, do not invite rapists to rape them, regardless of how they're dressed.

parading children naked in front of a pedophile is certainly inciting trouble whether you like it personally or not. Thats just the way it is quite simply. If you wave a steak in front of a dog for a long enough time it will eat it. Same thing here. I know it doesn't fit into the leftvwing narrative but that's what it is. Edited by Canada_First

parading children naked in front of a pedophile is certainly inciting trouble whether you like it personally or not. Thats just the way it is quite simply. If you wave a steak in front of a dog for a long enough time it will eat it. Same thing here. I know it doesn't fit into the leftvwing narrative but that's what it is.

Parading!? Nobody said anything about parading. You talk about "leftwing" narratives, when this has nothing to do with partisanship. It has to do with you refusing to hold rapists accountable for what they do and instead blaming the victims. There's nothing wrong with a child or anyone else for that matter going around topless. There's something very wrong with rapists attacking people. Maybe start there.

Nudity isn't the reason people get raped.

How clever of you to introduce rape into the conversation, just so you can argue against it.

Look, we'd all love the pedophiles to be in jail forever, but that simply cannot happen. While on probation or parole, a pedophile can't go near parks and pools (why would that be? Hmmm.) If a known pedophile has done his full sentence though, he is allowed to go where ever he pleases, this is why there are sometimes public alerts as to there whereabouts. If he goes to a pool, who is gonna stop him? The police can't do a thing. If you want that dude checking out your daughter, that's on you! I won't feel the least bit guilty or ashamed when I ask my daughters to put on a top. And, my daughters won't/don't feel oppressed by this, they know that their father is looking out for them

BTW - I wonder what all these kids who have their nude pictures in the possession of a pedophile think of their parents? Do they think their parents are super cool and liberated or do they think that their parents let them down at some point - I'd really like to know that.

How clever of you to introduce rape into the conversation, just so you can argue against it.

Excuse me, but I'm not the one who said pedophiles would attack these children.

And, my daughters won't/don't feel oppressed by this, they know that their father is looking out for them

I bet the guys who force their women to wear burqas say the exact same thing. Edited by cybercoma

Excuse me, but I'm not the one who said pedophiles would attack these children.

I bet the guys who force their women to wear burqas say the exact same thing.

Yes, of course. Because I want my children to cover their tits and vaginas in public, I must also be in favour of burqas.

What a completely idiotic statement.

Yes, of course. Because I want my children to cover their tits and vaginas in public, I must also be in favour of burqas.

What a completely idiotic statement.

It's the same thinking. You cover up "your women" because you don't want them to be victimized by predators. Because, you know, wearing clothes stops women from getting raped. Sorry. But that's the idiotic statement. The idea that what women wears has any bearing on rapists' actions.

It's the same thinking. You cover up "your women" because you don't want them to be victimized by predators. Because, you know, wearing clothes stops women from getting raped. Sorry. But that's the idiotic statement. The idea that what women wears has any bearing on rapists' actions.

It's about common decency and class. It's simply low class to be naked at all times everywhere in public. Maybe some perverts would like to see it but I don't think most people want to have others sexually organs gyrating in their faces 24 7.