Westcoast bridge - a coloured rainbow

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhmm, not really! Michael seems to think that the courts are against gays.

And, yes the courts decided to side on human rights. None of this is against anything I've said so....

You mentioned the courts bent over backwards for gays. I'm curious why you think that?

Uhmm, not really! Michael seems to think that the courts are against gays.

And, yes the courts decided to side on human rights. None of this is against anything I've said so....

Hal. You are tripping all over yourself. Give it up. Take a step back and try and understand from a gay perspective what they are fighting against on a daily basis just to fight for the rights you and I have without question. We don't worry about being gunned downed while protesting peacefully for our human rights.

Hal. You are tripping all over yourself. Give it up. Take a step back and try and understand from a gay perspective what they are fighting against on a daily basis just to fight for the rights you and I have without question. We don't worry about being gunned downed while protesting peacefully for our human rights.

Wow, when did gays get gunned down? Where was this?

Not a good answer when we have the originator saying otherwise. Straight from the horses mouth not a bystander.

U.S. pop culture added relevance and context for the "rainbow". This guy is not "Betsy Ross". The colors and logo were American art, not an international symbol for the LGBT "movement".

They aren't as victimized as they were before the ruling.

Remember when I asked you to get to the point a few posts ago?

The point is; you can't be both a victim and an equal. Equality, like respect can't be given - every person has to earn that. I have every right and freedom as my boss, but at work, we're not equals. The people under me, have the same rights and freedoms, but are not equal to me at work. The gays have every right and frredom that I have and they can choose to either be equals or victims - they can't be both.

Sure, not everybody will like their lifestyle, but who cares, gays don't like the hard core Christians either - who cares! Not all whites like blacks and vice versa. If someone, no matter who they are wants to be equal in America/Canada they have the rights and freedoms and are able to do that without consent.

Does anybody have an issue with interracial marriage? Probably not, and they don't need to parade around the streets naked. When someone says interracial marriage, it's met with very little or no reaction at all. The gays will be equal when this happens, not when they have record numbers at parades or hang a flag on the burrard bridge.

The point is; you can't be both a victim and an equal. Equality, like respect can't be given - every person has to earn that. I have every right and freedom as my boss, but at work, we're not equals. The people under me, have the same rights and freedoms, but are not equal to me at work. The gays have every right and frredom that I have and they can choose to either be equals or victims - they can't be both.

Sure, not everybody will like their lifestyle, but who cares, gays don't like the hard core Christians either - who cares! Not all whites like blacks and vice versa. If someone, no matter who they are wants to be equal in America/Canada they have the rights and freedoms and are able to do that without consent.

Does anybody have an issue with interracial marriage? Probably not, and they don't need to parade around the streets naked. When someone says interracial marriage, it's met with very little or no reaction at all. The gays will be equal when this happens, not when they have record numbers at parades or hang a flag on the burrard bridge.

I don't get the point then. What are you telling people to do?

Not have parades ? Not Pursue court challenges ?

And why should they follow this advice exactly ? They seem to be succeeding on their current track

They have succeeded, they been given the same rights and freedoms as anybody else. The question is; will they choose the road of the victim or the equal. Even WCR still refers to them as victims.

The pride parade (as it is now) is or will soon be an anchor. It's a silly caricature of gay life. Keep the sentiment of gay pride, but take it out of the gutter and to the high road. That would be my advice.

Ok, if the courts aren't against them, and the majority of people support gay marriage - and they do have gay marriage, then how are they victims? And of whom?

Are you for real? You've got to really try to make a post like this.

They got the legal right to marry...two days ago.

• 1 month later...

Not too many speak against the actual issue of homosexuality itself, I do see people speak out against the parades and constant ass kissing. The parade turns more people off than the actual thought of homosexuality. I suspect that once the gay community wakes up they'll realize that the parades (in their current form) are an anchor.

So Hal. Over 700,000 watched the gay pride parade today. Who exactly is speaking out against these parades and who is being turned off? 700,00 is larger then the population of the city of Vancouver. Your neighbours were probably there.