Canada vs Duffy vs PMO

I've been following the CBC blog on the trial, and what I'm getting from it was, the PM create this mess by allowing Duffy to be a senator by HIS rule or how Harper thought they should mean, which Perrin disagreed with. Perrin also said that Wright get his instruction by the pm and when a agreement between Duffy's lawyer and the PMO was agreed upon, Wright had to go and check in with the ...PM first. and then the payment went ahead. I think some of the senators and the gang in the PMO plus the PM did more questionable things then Duffy did. I wondering if these people broke any Parliament rules themselves and I also wondering if Perrin ever went and talked to the PM himself about the payment, since he was the PM lawyer?

Perrin may have concluded the PM was in the loop since he knew Novak was, according to his testimony. And yes I'd agree, Duffy is looking pretty good (or at least no worse than the crowd you mention) as more revelations surface.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Harper going to testify in court? I really think he should. Just because he's PM doesn't mean he should be immune. It's his office, the people have a right to hear the man answer questions under oath and not just during Question Period protected under Parliamentary Privilege.

It would be interesting to hear him testify but I don't think we will as he is protected by PP beyond QP and beyond the house.

I've been following the CBC blog on the trial, and what I'm getting from it was, the PM create this mess by allowing Duffy to be a senator by HIS rule or how Harper thought they should mean, which Perrin disagreed with. Perrin also said that Wright get his instruction by the pm and when a agreement between Duffy's lawyer and the PMO was agreed upon, Wright had to go and check in with the ...PM first. and then the payment went ahead. I think some of the senators and the gang in the PMO plus the PM did more questionable things then Duffy did. I wondering if these people broke any Parliament rules themselves and I also wondering if Perrin ever went and talked to the PM himself about the payment, since he was the PM lawyer?

The CBC , gives us a break. They are so anti -harper it is pathetic. The CBC panel was also blaming harper for health care.

Not under oath he hasn't. And the house of cards seems to come down further with each new testimony.

My American friends think that the Duffy thing is hilarious .....returning 90K to the taxpayers supposedly buying bias in a senate that has always been known for being biased.

The media and Tom keep it all going while ignoring as to how Tom plans on funding his daily promises.

My American friends think that the Duffy thing is hilarious .....returning 90K to the taxpayers supposedly buying bias in a senate that has always been known for being biased.

The media and Tom keep it all going while ignoring as to how Tom plans on funding his daily promises.

The B word you seem to be missing is bribery, not bias. That's why it's in court.

People it is duffy who is on trial. It does not matter who knew what and when. Is duffy guilty or not. And remember wright did not give duffy any money.

Edited by PIK

People it is duffy who is on trial. It does not matter who knew what and when. Is duffy guilty or not. And remember wright did not give duffy any money.

Uhm, Wright sent Duffy a personal cheque for $90k. And it does matter who knew what and who did what when the PM's office is coordinating backroom deals that involves sending huge cheques to sitting Senators. Your partisanship betrays your good judgement on this subject. Our poor Prime Minister...LEAVE HARPER ALONE!! :(

But he has told the truth. Get over it.

If he's telling the truth he should have no problem saying so under oath.

And no I won't "get over" the fishy smell of corruption in the PMO and the Senate. I guess you can since he's "your guy". What would you say if Trudeau or Mulcair's office were involved in a similar same mess?

Uhm, Wright sent Duffy a personal cheque for $90k. And it does matter who knew what and who did what when the PM's office is coordinating backroom deals that involves sending huge cheques to sitting Senators. Your partisanship betrays your good judgement on this subject. Our poor Prime Minister...LEAVE HARPER ALONE!! :(

Uhm Wright did not. He sent a money order or check to the crown. Your hatred has blinded you. Go find a copy of the check with duffys name on it.

Edited by PIK

If he's telling the truth he should have no problem saying so under oath.

And no I won't "get over" the fishy smell of corruption in the PMO and the Senate. I guess you can since he's "your guy". What would you say if Trudeau or Mulcair's office were involved in a similar same mess?

Why, he is not on trial, duffy is. That has nothing to do with the trial. The trial has become politicized. The other 2 did something like this, their duffy would be on trial not them.

This trial is now a joke. All this time I thought duffy was on trial. The judge is giving duffys lawyer way to much leeway.

Is Harper looking for sympathy? He can find it in the dictionary between sycophant and syphilis.

You're right. The defence is making this trial more political but Harper is the author of his own misfortunes. He and his henchmen in the PMO had multiple opportunities not to let this happen:

1. He could have refrained from getting involved in how the senate sets residency rules. He didn't. In fact, he set his own rule for what constitutes residency.

2. He could have stayed away from the senate audit altogether and let Duffy deal with the auditors. He didn't. Instead he interfered with the audit.

3. He could have come clean and admitted that Duffy believed his residency status was OK because he (Harper) told him it was OK. He didn't. Instead he tried to stuff Duffy under the bus.

4. He could have come clean and admitted his mistake as soon as he knew Nigel wrote the cheque. Instead, he supported Wright until the knowledge of the cheque went public.

Then he claimed that Novak didn't know anything. If he has to dismiss Novak, he will claim he didn't know anything about that either.

The PM bears as much accountability for this mess as anyone and more than most. And there is no reason to believe what he says anymore. Either he is lying or the people around him are lying to him. Either way, he is not to be trusted.

Edited by ReeferMadness

There two difference things going on with the Duffy trial....if there was legal laws broken and the political side of the cover up on the Tory side from the gang in the PMO. I'm not sure if Duffy can be charge with the residence issue, because Harper was the one which decided it was okay, against the lawyer view, for Duffy to be a senator. Anyone who has watch Question Period has seen the corruption in this party and the way Harper has governed and even though Harper says he has confidence in his office.....Canadians no longer have confidence in HIM as PM. Harper keeps saying no one can replace him as PM, that the country will fall apart etc. The country was good pretty good before Harper and it will be good without Harper! ABC.