Canada vs Duffy vs PMO

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBC Radio- big surprise- had the lead story yesterday described implicating the entire PMO now busting out at the Duffy trial. They went in great excitement 'several senior Senators' suspected of involvement of attempting to suppress Senate audit results. I wonder who wrote the story, and why they think we are all dumb enough to believe that the Senate has somehow become part of the PMO.

CBC Radio- big surprise- had the lead story yesterday described implicating the entire PMO now busting out at the Duffy trial. They went in great excitement 'several senior Senators' suspected of involvement of attempting to suppress Senate audit results. I wonder who wrote the story, and why they think we are all dumb enough to believe that the Senate has somehow become part of the PMO.

From emails entered into evidence...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mike-duffy-trial-documents-reveal-pmo-attempts-to-contain-fallout-1.3065114

Wright = PMO

Senior Senators emailing with Wright about a scheme to keep Duffy safe and change the report is the evidence.

The Senate isn't part of the PMO. Where did you get that? The emails show that they hatched a plan with the PMO.

CBC radio doesnt write RCMP documents nor Nigel Wrights emails.

canadians-find-duffy-harper-more-responsible-in-senate-controversy-than-wright

The Nanos survey, released Friday, found that when assigning points out of 100 for the responsibility in the Senate controversy relating to the personal cheque, Canadians assign 40 points to Duffy. They assign 34 points to Harper and 18 points to Wright, Harpers former chief of staff. The remaining points were not assigned and deemed unsure.

Last time I checked, Duffy was on trial - not Harper. Like I said, you're just continuing your manic obsession of slagging Harper with faux conspiracies. Huff and puff all you want........

Don't hold your breath!

A judge can bring charges against anyone they see fit.

It is possible as more is revealed( Nigel Wright) this may be the case!

Just because the RCMP bias didn't bring those charges on, doesn't mean case closed.

WWWTT

Your conspiracy is way ahead of itself - as usual. If you're following the trial, it's looking more and more like Duffy will escape most if not all of the charges he faces - and simply be accused of inappropriate nickel and diming on some expenses. If the residency charges don't hold up (from a legal perspective) - and there's a very good chance they won't - everything else is small potatoes......and lends credence to Nigel Wright's attempt to simply do the right thing and pay back the tax payers - and of course keep it out of the media.

Then it's Duffy responsibility to pay back the money, otherwise it's bribery!

Almost every adult owes money to someone.

WWWTT

Duffy maintains he did not do anything illegal - and by your own admission, he might be found innocent. The PM and Nigel Wright's position has always been "we don't care if it's "legal" or not - it's not right - and pay it back. So it becomes a back and forth about how to accomplish that - and not air the dirty laundry. If that's how it unfolds - and everything seems to point to that......and Duffy genuinely thought he had done no wrong - then I can't see any way a bribery charge would stick - or even be considered. Anyway - I'll say again - your breathless Harper conspiracy rants are comical for a while - but tiresome in the end.

You do not understand how bribery works do you?

If you do not wish to do something because you feel you are in the right, then someone comes along and says "Hey. I don't like what you're doing, here's some money so nobody hears about it" Then that's bribery!

There's variations of bribery. Not all examples are the same.

WWWTT

"Faux" nothing.

Falsifying an audit report ...

the-duffy-trials-smoking-gun-just-blew-up-in-harpers-face/

No one disputes that the PMOs job is spin: Staffer seek to place the boss in the best light possible, and neutralize any threats to him and his government.

But at what point does spin cross the line into skulduggery?

Until now, most of the testimony and exhibits at Duffys trial have yielded little of serious import; this week, the case has focused on dog shows and donkeys.

But these emails have changed all that.

... since the audit didnt paint Duffy in a flattering enough light, the report on it had to be, ahem, altered. This was apparently done by Conservative Senators David Tkachuk and Carolyn Stewart Olsen, outside the normal Senate committee process. According to RCMP Cpl. Benoit Jolette, the report, we've learned through the investigation, had made its way to the PMO, to their office, and, I guess, revisions, what they wanted to have written in the report, was done.

We're in "skulduggery" territory now.

Also sounds like the RCMP are choosing their words carefully.

I suspect that something is going to come back to the federal police force for not implicating Nigel Wright so they may be starting to mitigate their way there before the judge beats them to it.

WWWTT

• 2 months later...

It's only started - but Day One for Nigel Wright filled in a lot of the blanks - and makes a lot of sense.

But although Harper knew some of what Wright did to try to help Duffy out, Wright says he didn’t tell the boss about the plan, which later fell apart, to repay Duffy’s expenses using Conservative party money. Wright did tell Harper about, and got approval for, his intention to make Duffy pay money back even though the broadcaster-turned-Tory-star had a reasonable case that he was entitled to it under loose Senate rules.

“I wanted to have a conversation with the prime minister about the fact that, if we did this with Sen. Duffy, we could be facing other situations down the road where if we were to apply precedent and be consistent, and there’s great value in being consistent … we could be pushing people to make repayments that they felt they didn’t owe. And I wanted to the prime minister to know,” Wright explained, under questioning from prosecutor Jason Neubauer.

“I told him that Sen. Duffy was agreeing to repay. I gave him in very broad terms, not in detail, the media lines. I think I stressed with the prime minister that we would be saying that Sen. Duffy would be saying he had made a mistake in his claims, that it would be mistake, not wrongdoing, and that’s what we would be saying. And I raised the caucus-management issue,” Wright said, meaning that they might later have to lean on other senators and possibly elected members of Parliament to repay similar expenses in the future.

Harper, Wright testified, told him to go ahead.

“The standard we would hold ourselves to was that claims not only had to comply with the rules and the technical requirements but they had to be right and appropriate, and he was prepared to accept the caucus-management risks and the precedent risks that I foresaw,” Wright said.

Link: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/nigel-wright-informed-mike-duffy-that-nobody-was-going-to-find-his-argument-persuasive-if-he-didnt-pay-back-money

I like to see a poll of what Canadians views are, of Harper being called to court and being questioned. The PMO is working hard to keep THEIR truth straight but I doubt Canadians are buying it. IN 2006, WHEN THE PMO was talking bribing Cadman, Harper KNEW of it and told his people he didn't think Cadman would go along with it. So the fact that HARPER WOULD EVEN CONSIDER A BRIBE, shows that he would do anything to win an election. Corruption is why many Canadians are NOT voting because they are ALL the corrupt, so maybe the answer is minority government for a while, or change Ottawa and the power the PMO has ..wait a Conservative MP tried that and his party stopped it in the Senate. There's your answer....change parties.

I suspect that something is going to come back to the federal police force for not implicating Nigel Wright so they may be starting to mitigate their way there before the judge beats them to it.

In order for this type of charge, there has to be an intent to do wrong. From all the evidence, Wright did not intend to do wrong. Duffy is a different story.

In order for this type of charge, there has to be an intent to do wrong. From all the evidence, Wright did not intend to do wrong. Duffy is a different story.

LOL!

Big FREEKIN FALSE!

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!

WWWTT

Conservatives, in trouble for trying to pay back stolen taxpayers money, or like del mastro, in jail for spending to much of HIS OWN MONEY .Not like the millions stolen by the liberals and very little happened on that one or the NDP not paying back what they were ordered to pay back. But hey let the Quebec liberals take over ,we will get back to real scandals. Speaking of ,what has happen to Mac Harb.

Conservatives, in trouble for trying to pay back stolen taxpayers money, or like del mastro, in jail for spending to much of HIS OWN MONEY .Not like the millions stolen by the liberals and very little happened on that one or the NDP not paying back what they were ordered to pay back. But hey let the Quebec liberals take over ,we will get back to real scandals. Speaking of ,what has happen to Mac Harb.

Let's see, the Gomery Commission concluded that 2 million was spent without a proper bidding process. How many billions was Harper about to throw away on F 35's without any bidding process at all?

Let's see, the Gomery Commission concluded that 2 million was spent without a proper bidding process. How many billions was Harper about to throw away on F 35's without any bidding process at all?

To be fair the Harperites did consult two outside bodies on what jet would be the best to purchase.

Unfortunately, they asked the US military and Lockheed Martin. Oddly enough the manufacturer of the jet and the principle client, who benefits greatly if more orders lower production costs, agreed that the F35 should be the only jet in the running.

How much public money has the Harper government spent on partisan ads? How much public money has the Harper government handed out with CPC logos on the cheques or CPC logos on display?

Harper has turned Adscam into business as usual.

To be fair the Harperites did consult two outside bodies on what jet would be the best to purchase.

Unfortunately, they asked the US military and Lockheed Martin.

Actually, to be honest on all levels, the Liberals did that when they made Canada part of the JSF program for which an open competition was held.

How is buying a product that we'd already signed on for in any way comparable to illegally funnelling money to Liberal friendly ad agencies?

Without a proper bidding process? As I recall, what happened was the Liberals let out contracts to advertising agencies for which no work was done! In exchange, come election time, those agencies did 'free' work for the Liberal party. Which means not only was it outright stolen money from the taxpayers but a violation of election spending rules. Not that YOU care.