Leave Canada And Go To Jail

Three young ladies appear to be headed into Syria and a whole lot of people are going to get charged.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/spy-from-us-led-coalition-helped-british-girls-join-islamic-state-turkey-says/article23418045/

This fiasco policy seems to have a good guy (our side) helping these girls to "escape from Canada".

I remember the cheering and exuberance when the Berlin Wall was being torn down. It was stated that there will never again be a wall built to keep people in their own country against their wishes.

To-day in Canada you can be thrown in jail if you leave Canada.

Yes, it is illegal to leave Canada - unless your destination is somewhere that is acceptable to the current government.

This is democracy!!??!!

So if you leave Canada because you intend to get involved in the Middle East war on the side of ISIS, the Syrian government, Iranian troops (who are now fighting on our side), and any of the 52 other organizations that Canada considers to be "terrorist" then you cannot leave. And if you keep trying you go into Canadian jails.

This is freedom!!??!!

What about someone who wants to travel to Europe. Are they to prove that if they go to the Ukraine that they will support Kiev and not the rebels, go to Russia but not support the Chechens?

When did we create the Ottawa Wall which you cannot breach unless you avoid countries and/or organizations our government does not like?

What has happened to our freedom of movement?

Edited by Big Guy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to see the reaction of all these youngsters worldwide who are flocking to join the ISIS when it finally dawns on them that the whole ISIS is an American creation in order to destabilise the region even more than it already is.

When has our government had the power to decide where Canadian citizens go? What business is it of our government where a Canadian citizen choses to go?

If/when a Canadian citizen leaves the country, joins an organization which is at war with Canada or one that the Harper government has put on the "terrorist" list then rescind their citizenship and block them from re-entering Canada. We have the right to exclude persons from coming into Canada - we do not have the right to jail persons just because they want to leave.

I guess we should have a killing zone between Canada and the USA where we start shooting those folks who want out of Canada - just like the East Germans did to the folks who attempted to leave their country.

Or even better - as LPL states, create a kill zone between Canada and the USA where we can shoot anybody trying to leave the country. Keep an eye on the Great Lakes and start to pick off those traitors pretending to swim near our beaches but are really ready to swim across the lake and leave Canada.

Good grief! :rolleyes:

Edited by Big Guy

It would be interesting to see the reaction of all these youngsters worldwide who are flocking to join the ISIS when it finally dawns on them that the whole ISIS is an American creation in order to destabilise the region even more than it already is.

Really - Seriously ... sigh where's the tin foil hat

It's not illegal to leave Canada. I did so last weekend. Came back with no problems. Now, if I left to go join a terrorist organization, then I might have a bit of trouble coming back. But that's logic and reason. Which has been apparently restricted from use by the OP.

What has happened to our freedom of movement?

You're not free to go anywhere and do anything. You certainly don't have the right to sell yourself into slavery, which is what this seems to be.

Laws are supposed to set up a framework for people to "pursue happiness", not sell themselves into misery and death.

When has our government had the power to decide where Canadian citizens go? What business is it of our government where a Canadian citizen choses to go?

So let me make sure I understand your position clearly. You are OK with Canadians going to the ME to support ISIS, clearly to aid in killing and beheading people, and then return to Canada as if nothing happened, is that right? Freedom to go where they want and do what they want and of course, return "home"?

All our rights are limited in some way. It seems reasonable to restrict the right to leave the country if one is travelling to go join a terrorist organization or fight against Canada in a war, etc.

That's a perfectly reasonable restriction.

To Michael - You certainly have the right to do with your body what you want, be it to sell yourself into slavery or join the rebels against Assad (these are on our side - today - I think) or join the Assad forces (who are not on our side today - I think) to fighting with or against the Kurds (who are bad guys in Turkey and good guys in Iraq - today - I think) or maybe join the Iraq militia who are fighting along side of our air cover to assist them in Iraq.

To Keepitsimple - Please reread my post. I suggest that we have no right to keep somebody from leaving Canada - for whatever reason. You do not have to have permission to leave. We do have the right to keep someone out of Canada. Any Canadian who does anything from mischief to murder can have their passport revoked and refused entry into Canada. They lose the right to their citizenship.

If they insist on coming "back" then they are charged with treason and dealt with accordingly.

Edited by Big Guy

Really - Seriously ... sigh where's the tin foil hat

What's a tin foil hat?

Is this like those paper dresses from the 60's?

Why are you making a comment that is fashion related?

Can you actually articulate what is meant by your comment?

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

No, there's a conspiracy theory that I have seen on facebook that says ISIS is an American creation. Why they would do that is the logic hole in the donut, waiting to be plugged with a conspiracy Timbit for your consumption....

I also saw another "conspiracy theory" about how Osama bin Laden was helped by the American's and the CIA back in the 1980's.

Supplied with weapon's and millions of dollars and other support.

All theories!

MacCain meeting with ISIS leaders, all conspiracies!

WWWTT

You're not free to go anywhere and do anything. You certainly don't have the right to sell yourself into slavery, which is what this seems to be.

Laws are supposed to set up a framework for people to "pursue happiness", not sell themselves into misery and death.

150+ dead Canadian troops in Afghanistan=pursuit of happiness

WWWTT

To Michael - You certainly have the right to do with your body what you want, be it to sell yourself into slavery or join the rebels against Assad (these are on our side - today - I think) or join the Assad forces (who are not on our side today - I think) to fighting with or against the Kurds (who are bad guys in Turkey and good guys in Iraq - today - I think) or maybe join the Iraq militia who are fighting along side of our air cover to assist them in Iraq.

To Keepitsimple - Please reread my post. I suggest that we have no right to keep somebody from leaving Canada - for whatever reason. You do not have to have permission to leave. We do have the right to keep someone out of Canada. Any Canadian who does anything from mischief to murder can have their passport revoked and refused entry into Canada. They lose the right to their citizenship.

If they insist on coming "back" then they are charged with treason and dealt with accordingly.

Sounds perfectly reasonable

WWWTT

Oh good lord tell me this is said in tongue and cheek?

Oh hey look, it's Mr.Lets make a pathetic facetious comment guy.

Ya I'm sure Big Guy was thinking about what you would think when he wrote that comment because it's ALL ABOUT YOU little buddy!

WWWTT

What are the chances that we can keep someone(a Canadian Citizen) who fought for ISIS out of Canada when they decide ISIS is not their cup of tea or when ISIS sends them back to Canada to set up a cell?

I am all for letting the go and fight fro any Terrorist organization they desire but as long as they forfeit their citizenship before they leave Canada. Forget treason, if one hates Canada so much we should allow them to relieve themselves of the burden of being Canada. Failing that, we should keep them from going and joining our enemies, getting training in order to endanger our citizens and allies overseas as well as our citizens at home and in allied nations.

Ya I'm sure Big Guy was thinking ..

The point is , he wasn't thinking when he posted that a Canadian could be denied entry to Canada.

Of course i would not expect you to understand that. I dont expect you to understand very much .

On the other hand, you are thinking (factually wrong mind you) when you tell us , China is freer, CDN's have a passport right and plenty of other dumb things.

The point is , he wasn't thinking when he posted that a Canadian could be denied entry to Canada.

Of course i would not expect you to understand that. I dont expect you to understand very much .

On the other hand, you are thinking (factually wrong mind you) when you tell us , China is freer, CDN's have a passport right and plenty of other dumb things.

LOL!

Back to China hey little buddy.

Big Guy actually nailed it pretty good!

But you keep referring back to past debates that I have successfully debated like some kind of security blanket you need to cudle with when things start getting a little rough hey little buddy?

Keep the laughs coming!

WWWTT

What are the chances that we can keep someone(a Canadian Citizen) who fought for ISIS out of Canada when they decide ISIS is not their cup of tea or when ISIS sends them back to Canada to set up a cell?

Guess you forgot about the Khader fiasco?

WWWTT

Big Guy actually nailed it pretty good!

No, actually and factually (if you want you can look it up yourself) he was dead wrong when he stated what I captioned earlier.

And once again, you display such abject ignorance happily . Do you like parading around as an idiot?

Edited by Guyser2