Brian Willams misremembers

RB

Icing on the yellow cake. You know the so called uranium Iraq suposedly bought from Niger? Remember the mobile chemical trucks that were trotted out by Powel and Rumsfeld? Don't forget Saddam was conspiring with Al-Queda. :D. Kind of strange when multiple dictators are accused of supporting Al-Queda when they don't even like each other.

The incubaters thing was quite touching too. Turned out to be the daughter of a Kuwaiti official I believe. Good performance , she should have won a few awards for it.

Doesn't matter. Kuwait is an ally of the United States. If you thought the United States would stand by and do nothing as an ally is invaded, then you're as dumb as Saddam Hussein.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter. Kuwait is an ally of the United States. If you thought the United States would stand by and do nothing as an ally is invaded, then you're as dumb as Saddam Hussein.

Ah yes our local Bush-Cheney cheerleader. So why was Saddam an ally before he was an enemy? Dun dun duuuunnnnnnn.

Ah yes our local Bush-Cheney cheerleader. So why was Saddam an ally before he was an enemy? Dun dun duuuunnnnnnn.

Because Iran was a bigger threat. And they had just come off of the very long hostage situation. Nobody was a very big fan of the Ayatollah.

I want to bring this back to the topic - Brian Williams...in case anyone forgot, because I forgot to post this comment by his former boss- Bob Wright, which encapsulates everything that's wrong and fraudulent about MSM news today:

Wright, who was in charge when Williams was hired from CBS and began a news show for sister network MSNBC in the ’90s, said, “Some of this puffing up [exaggeration] is accurate, but Brian Williams has helped NBC News. He has been the strongest supporter of the military of any of the news players. He never comes back with negative stories, he wouldn’t question if we’re spending too much. All the stories are very accurate. It’s ironic the military people are complaining. These were the people he held in high esteem.

Sometimes it's fascinating to have a look into the thinking of evil and despicable people, because here was the guy in charge of CBS and NBC news divisions during his career telling us that a newsman is a propandist who serves the centers of power in government and the economy. The best thing that could happen now is that it's the end of the 10 million dollar a year men like Brian Williams, and nobody cares what they have to say about anything anymore!

...The best thing that could happen now is that it's the end of the 10 million dollar a year men like Brian Williams, and nobody cares what they have to say about anything anymore!

What makes you think large numbers of people cared in the first place ? Williams is/was just another talking head out of many. Maybe he was a rock star in Canada ?

I think the public mostly doesn't care about the Brian Williams lie, but networks want their news coverage to seem credible. I get why Brian was suspended and likely removed from the anchor chair permanently. However, Fox News really seemed to care about the Williams debacle. They took great pleasure in slamming a member of the 'liberal media'.

So, I wonder if they will fire Bill O'Reilly for his made up hero stories about reporting in war zones in the Falklands. As it turns out, Bill was never in the war zones. They were very remote and thus only a handful of British journalists were brought in, near the fighting, by the British military.

Bill wants to be considered a journalist not just a talking head, so he embellished the story. I'm interested to see if he will apologize to Brian for his lecture on trust. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/19/bill-oreilly-busted-for-war-zone-lie-thats-much-worse-than-anything-brian-williams-said-video/

Edited by Mighty AC

I think the public mostly doesn't care about the Brian Williams lie, but networks want their news coverage to seem credible.

The public doesn't care what networks want. Journalism and journalists are getting killed by what the public really wants...infotainment.

Promotable content gets more eyeballs than broadcast or print journalism. Networks have slashed news budgets and foreign bureaus.

The public doesn't care what networks want. Journalism and journalists are getting killed by what the public really wants...infotainment.

Promotable content gets more eyeballs than broadcast or print journalism. Networks have slashed news budgets and foreign bureaus.

Okay, so where do you stand on the abolition of the Fairness Doctrine? It's not "give the people what they want" when there are only five corporate conglomerates running 90% of media (close to 100% if trust fund-funded PBS and NPR are included), and there are no rules preventing the smearing of news and public information with entertainment and making money!

This is where capitalism fails! If what you say is true, capitalist motivations turn people into greed-driven hedonistic psychopaths.....but, you probably think this is how the world is supposed to be run!

I think the public mostly doesn't care about the Brian Williams lie, but networks want their news coverage to seem credible. I get why Brian was suspended and likely removed from the anchor chair permanently. However, Fox News really seemed to care about the Williams debacle. They took great pleasure in slamming a member of the 'liberal media'.

So, I wonder if they will fire Bill O'Reilly for his made up hero stories about reporting in war zones in the Falklands.

Ya beat me to it!

I noticed that the rest of the media...including Faux, were choosing their words carefully when criticizing Brian Williams lately. No doubt they are aware of how far in the tank to the weapons manufacturers that clown was, but Billo's tall tales also show us that BW wasn't the only fake war correspondent on TV!

...This is where capitalism fails! If what you say is true, capitalist motivations turn people into greed-driven hedonistic psychopaths.....but, you probably think this is how the world is supposed to be run!

Doesn't matter what I think...the market has spoken for Sun News and it speaks loudly for Fox News Channel. Hell, it even speaks for state broadcasters like the CBC News, which struggles to stay relevant even with a $1 billion taxpayer subsidy.

...which struggles to stay relevant even with a $1 billion taxpayer subsidy.

I take it you haven't caught the VERY relevant miniseries "Book of Negroes" co-sponsored by CBC and Black Entertainment Television ? The content would be very relevant to you because of the in-depth examination of the Canadian-American dichotomy and historical record :)

I take it you haven't caught the VERY relevant miniseries "Book of Negroes" co-sponsored by CBC and Black Entertainment Television ? The content would be very relevant to you because of the in-depth examination of the Canadian-American dichotomy and historical record :)

Already discussed in another thread....TBoN is not CBC News. Why would it be more relevant to me compared to others ? Black History Month ?

Already discussed in another thread....TBoN is not CBC News. Why would it be more relevant to me compared to others ? Black History Month ?

Relevancy is not relative. It's a brand concept. Do you think a month might not have relevancy ?

What about BET ? Is the NETWORK relevant ? Do you subscribe to that as well as CBC ?

Relevancy is not relative. It's a brand concept. Do you think a month might not have relevancy ?

What about BET ? Is the NETWORK relevant ? Do you subscribe to that as well as CBC ?

I don't/can't subscribe to the CBC...not offered by my or many other cable providers in U.S. markets.

BET is part of basic cable tiers with wide national access.

There is more.

Bill O'Reily lied about being in the Falklands during the UK/Argentine war.

And then we have ...http://www.cbsnews.com/news/va-secretary-robert-mcdonald-sorry-i-claimed-i-was-in-special-forces/

WASHINGTON -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald apologized Monday for misstating that he had served in the military's special forces.

McDonald made the erroneous claim while speaking to a homeless veteran during a segment that aired last month on the "CBS Evening News." The exchange happened in January as a CBS News crew followed McDonald as he toured the streets of Los Angeles. He was counting homeless veterans as part of a VA program to help find former service members housing.

Now it's sad when they are reporters after leaving the military, but this .. this is just dumb.