Brian Willams misremembers

RB

There is more.Bill O'Reily lied about being in the Falklands during the UK/Argentine war.And then we have ...http://www.cbsnews.com/news/va-secretary-robert-mcdonald-sorry-i-claimed-i-was-in-special-forces/Now it's sad when they are reporters after leaving the military, but this .. this is just dumb.

No he didn't lie.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please tell us then? Appreciate it.Perhaps you could touch on the I heard the shooting in FLorida when I was in Dallas story?Maybe broach the Falkland Island story?That would be nice.

I see. So somebody here posts that he lied about the faulklands, links to absolutely nothing. But I'm suppose to prove that he didn't lie? Is that how it works?

I see. So somebody here posts that he lied about the faulklands, links to absolutely nothing. But I'm suppose to prove that he didn't lie? Is that how it works?

Ya know shady, I admit you are right, a link should be there.

But I was talking to you shady, you know allllll about this but for some inexplicable reason you just go dumb when it doesnt play your way.

So no, you dont need a link, unless you are also dumbstruck to think the sun rises in the west.

He isnt a journalist so maybe....until he wants to be thought of as a journalist (as in his book)and then I saay 'Fry him the same'

But FOX isnt particularly expedient on these measures.

O'Reilly was a journalist a long, long time ago....and a particularly bad one! That's how he ended up hosting that Hollywood infotainment crap program back in the 80's, before he got the chance to play a news man on TV.

It seems that when he talks, BS comes rolling out, and he's finally being called for it. But, what's equally damning is what he didn't talk about back in the days when he was supposed to be a real reporter: like ignoring a REAL massacre in El Salvador, while he was a CBS foreign correspondent: http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=13291

No doubt about Fox, but this was when he was with I believe CBS.

But Fox is standing by O'reilly, while NBC put Brian Williams on hiatus...and rumours are he's damaged them so badly that he will never be back on NBC News again. Quite a difference in how they've handled the situation. But, that's largely because Fox knows their audience....and they know they don't give a damn about the truth, since 75 year old conservatives don't care either, and will still support him anyway.

But, that's largely because Fox knows their audience....and they know they don't give a damn about the truth, since 75 year old conservatives don't care either, and will still support him anyway.

You're right. Considering they run an infotainment channel a few reality notches below The Onion, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I would like to see Bill go down simply because of the hypocritically arrogant way he went after Williams. I'm sure they'll keep him and no doubt he'll write book about his heroic journalism days and make another mill or two of guys like Shady.

Fox News Channel has nothing to worry about or apologize for. Those who hold themselves up as paragons of journalist virtue can certainly screw things up all by themselves, just as Williams, Rather, and others have done. At least NBC did not retain a known sexual predator as on air talent like the CBC did.

I remember when NBC News got caught lying about trucks catching fire. I remember CBS News getting caught lying about Bush's military record. The New York Times caught with a writer completely making things up, etc, etc. Funny how that all gets brushed aside by the usual suspects.

I remember when NBC News got caught lying about trucks catching fire. I remember CBS News getting caught lying about Bush's military record. The New York Times caught with a writer completely making things up, etc, etc. Funny how that all gets brushed aside by the usual suspects.

I remember too.

The New York Times folks fired both hournos who were caught lying.

Is Bill O still employed? Funny how you brush that aside.

Also Funny how you brush aside the truth to make a point.

What was your point?

Fox News Channel has nothing to worry about or apologize for.

Except hypocrisy and that sort of bullshit.

But that would only mean you would post up more untruths like....

At least NBC did not retain a known sexual predator as on air talent like the CBC did.

Working for FOX now are we? Well done. Edited by Guyser2

I remember too.The New York Times folks fired both hournos who were caught lying.Is Bill O still employed? Funny how you brush that aside.Also Funny how you brush aside the truth to make a point.What was your point?

So what was "lied" about? Nothing about the Falklands. And Williams is still employed by NBC.