Brian Willams misremembers

RB

I remember when NBC News got caught lying about trucks catching fire. I remember CBS News getting caught lying about Bush's military record. The New York Times caught with a writer completely making things up, etc, etc. Funny how that all gets brushed aside by the usual suspects.

A lot more people on the left than the right, have figured out the game the big money plays with their accepted range of liberal and conservative opinion. Nobody on the left....not even real liberals, consider NBC..let alone MSNBC to be on their side! Any liberal with a brain knows that NBC has been in the business of spreading propaganda for military contractors, the banks and other major corporations.

All three Sunday morning "news" roundup shows are stages for advocates of more wars and more war spending and more domestic security spending etc.! Hardly anybody watches whatever stupid thing John McCain or the various retired generals who are on-the-take have to say, but they stay on the air no matter how bad they are, or how few people bother to watch them. To think that David Gregory was getting paid 7 million per year just to host Meet The Press is mind-blowing!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when NBC News got caught lying about trucks catching fire. I remember CBS News getting caught lying about Bush's military record. The New York Times caught with a writer completely making things up, etc, etc. Funny how that all gets brushed aside by the usual suspects.

Good call. The bitching liberals on this thread will never be able to see this issue objectively, but in truth media members often get caught with their pants down.

Fox News Channel has nothing to worry about or apologize for. Those who hold themselves up as paragons of journalist virtue can certainly screw things up all by themselves, just as Williams, Rather, and others have done. At least NBC did not retain a known sexual predator as on air talent like the CBC did.

I was waiting for the CBC hitch. Never fails.

Good call. The bitching liberals on this thread will never be able to see this issue objectively, but in truth media members often get caught with their pants down.

Which reminds me for some reason of the Brian Williams Remembers jokes I've seen around the net lately. Here's a few:

"I said Martin, do you dream?, he said yes. I said, 'well, tell the folks about your dreams"

"Then I said, Abe, instead of "87 years ago" why not try "four score and seven years ago?"

"So there we were at this bridge, and Frodo says to me, "Here, you take the ring"

​"And it was at that point that the Death Star fired on us as we were visiting Alderaan…"

Fox News has been protecting their cash cow over his massive exaggerations and redefinition of phrases like combat and war zones, but it looks like they are now moving on to protect themselves.

Bill O'Reilly -

“I’ve seen soldiers gun down unarmed civilians in Latin America, Irish terrorists kill and maim their fellow citizens in Belfast with bombs.”

Fox News Spokesman -

O’Reilly was not an eyewitness to any bombings or injuries in Northern Ireland. Instead, he was shown photos of bombings by Protestant police officers.

So here is news coverage of the "combat situation" and "war zone" O'Reilly claimed to part of during the Falklands war. It turns out it was just a chaotic, protest 2,000km away in Buenos Aires. It was controlled with tear gas and plastic bullets. Wow, Bill is lucky to be alive. :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/from-the-archives-cbs-news-coverage-of-the-end-of-the-falklands-war/

Oh please. FIrst the hard left wingers insist that Bill O'Reilly is not a real newsperson or anchor. Then they want to give him a promotion to News Anchor in hopes that he'll get the Brian Williams treatment. These people wouldn't know integrity if it slapped them in the face.

I think ever since BW got the big boot all the leftwingers without jobs have been scouring the internet trying like mad to find something, anything on Bill O. These same nutjobs saw nothing wrong with Obama lying about Benghazi, Iran or Obamacare, but now they're trying to grow some cajones? Too late.

Edited by sharkman

Oh please. FIrst the hard left wingers insist that Bill O'Reilly is not a real newsperson or anchor. Then they want to give him a promotion to News Anchor in hopes that he'll get the Brian Williams treatment. These people wouldn't know integrity if it slapped them in the face.

I think ever since BW got the big boot all the leftwingers without jobs have been scouring the internet trying like mad to find something, anything on Bill O. These same nutjobs saw nothing wrong with Obama lying about Benghazi, Iran or Obamacare, but now they're trying to grow some cajones? Too late.

:D You're hilarious. Williams went down for exaggerations and NBC dealt with it appropriately. Fox News and O'Reilly reveled in his disgrace and now look like complete hypocrites with even less credibility than they once had.

O'Reilly did this to himself. He was the one who repeatedly lied on air and in print. The real question in this is why do conservatives value pleasing spin over truth and credibility? Nobody is defending Williams, yet so many on the right have done back flips to protect their blowhard.

I haven't defended Bill O. You've been one of those the last few years pointing out he's not an actual news reporter or anchor. You can't have it both ways. I love that you can't even see this, it's funny how O'reilly does that to the left.

I haven't defended Bill O. You've been one of those the last few years pointing out he's not an actual news reporter or anchor. You can't have it both ways. I love that you can't even see this, it's funny how O'reilly does that to the left.

Bill claims to be a real journalist and that his stories are true. Fox claims to be running a real news network. Sure we all know that it is really just a fake news net designed to feed righties what they want to hear, but it's still important and fun to counter their obvious BS. I like that this story highlights the fact that so many Fox viewers don't even care about truth and accuracy.

Bill claims to be a real journalist and that his stories are true. Fox claims to be running a real news network. Sure we all know that it is really just a fake news net designed to feed righties what they want to hear, but it's still important and fun to counter their obvious BS. I like that this story highlights the fact that so many Fox viewers don't even care about truth and accuracy.

He is not a journalist. Never was. He is a TV personality, that is it. A mouth piece which Fox gives him a platform to be an obnoxious opinionated idiot.

He is not a journalist. Never was. He is a TV personality, that is it. A mouth piece which Fox gives him a platform to be an obnoxious opinionated idiot.

Agreed. However, if Fox and Bill are going with the news and journalism farce then they should care when outright lies are exposed. If the rubes that watch Fox believe it to be news then this should bother them.