Phoney Soldier?

Topaz

Sacha Cohen's new role perhaps?

But that poses another issue with stolen uniforms. We can look at Iraq and Afghanistan where we have seen a few incicdents of police uniforms being stolen. Then we hear of attacks on police stations infiltrated by terrorists dressed up as police. This also shows a problem with the media. They did not vet this guy before airing the bit. A real reporter would have verified his credentials before airing the piece. But if it was alive bit, then it becomes harder. But the reporter usually has a team behind the scenes to do that legwork on the fly. This is lazy journalism, and very misleading.

Not sure if that is a possible scenario here in Canada, but I would not be surprised if that does happen in the next year or so. An attack on a military installation with people using stolen uniforms impersonating soldiers and commanders.

What this man did is a disgrace to the men and women in uniform, regardless of one's political views.

Saw some coverage of this guy. He chose to be interviewed by one of the journalists at the ceremonies in Ottawa. He almost pulled it off until someone noticed his hat was not appropriate and some of his decorations did not make sense. They showed pics of his wedding at which he also wore the uniform and his sash was not only not appropriate but was draped in the wrong direction.

It looks like he has been doing this for a while and his spouses family had no idea.

The consensus was that this guy had mental issues - and I agree.

I am not sure that he can be "charged" with anything illegal.

I have a question to those who want to answer. I know the Gov.General represents the military and its a custom to wear their uniforms but my view is, IF you haven't been in the military, should the GG wear the uniform? It's like a private citizen representing the RCMP, wearing the uniform. Thoughts?

When the USA invaded Iraq the first time, they found the elite 60,000 strong Republican Guard has "disappeared" except for their uniforms. It would be interesting to find out what happened to those uniforms or if any turned up during Halloween.

If any of those ISIS guys uses a Canadian uniform to attack somebody here they better remember to have removed that black turban and trim that beard.

The sad part is that these old medals and decorations are losing their value and uniqueness.

When a vet from our local legion dies, quite often his decorations and achievement medals are willed to the legion or the surviving spouse and/or children donate them to the legion.

Well, there are now so many around that not only can they not be displayed but they are being stored in more and more boxes.

Obviously, they are not to be sold but what do you do with them if the family chooses not to keep them (for whatever reason) and the estate does not want to put them on the market?

BTW - There are many "significant" medals and awards available which are counterfeit. For that reason the military has chosen to keep secret as to what can be found on the back of these medals.

As a final word, I have heard at various times of vets complaining (unofficially) that someone was wearing a decoration to which he was not entitled - but that is another issue.

Edited by Big Guy

Obviously, they are not to be sold but what do you do with them if the family chooses not to keep them (for whatever reason) and the estate does not want to put them on the market?

Donate them to the deceased owner's previous regiment, squadron or ship etc.

I have a question to those who want to answer. I know the Gov.General represents the military and its a custom to wear their uniforms but my view is, IF you haven't been in the military, should the GG wear the uniform? It's like a private citizen representing the RCMP, wearing the uniform. Thoughts?

The GG is the Commander-In-Chief.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-org-structure/governor-general.page

As Commander-in-Chief, the Governor General may, in this capacity, wear a military uniform at events. He wears a flag/general officer uniform with a special flag/general sleeve braid, embellished with the Governor Generals badge, and a large embroidered Governor Generals badge on the shoulder straps or boards.

The GG commands the army so the Prime Minister can't use the army against the people to subvert democracy.

In theory anyway.

The Governor General of Canada holds the most senior rank in the military by virtue of being the Governor General of Canada. He is very right to wear the uniform, and I'm glad he adopted the practice.

Call me crazy, but he looks like a phony soldier, somehow.

My exact opinion too.

Yet various/zillions of CBC employees were involved in interviewing this guy, recording his comments and then broadcasting them.

And that leads me to the conclusion that zillions of CBC reporters/employees are clueless/incompetent.

=====

As Ezra Levant says: Fire. Them. All.

Edited by August1991

Yet various/zillions of CBC employees were involved in interviewing this guy, recording his comments and then broadcasting them.

And that leads me to the conclusion that zillions of CBC reporters/employees are clueless/incompetent.

All three of them?

=====

As Ezra Levant says: Fire. Them. All.

Hes one to talk, he is worse than the this military imposter. Want to bet the imposter apologizes long before Lyin' Levant ever does?

All three of them?

Guyser, there were more than 3 CBC employees involved with the interview of this guy. (With Radio-Canada/CBC, multiply by 5... )

Yet Michael and I, just looking at the video, quickly saw that something's wrong.

======

IMHO, Radio-Canada/CBC are like a Soviet bureaucracy. The Soviet Union survived for 70 years. That's about the lifespan of a State bureaucracy.

At a certain point (70 years seems a good guess), the bureaucrats/system participants have lost all contact with reality and the system collapses.

Edited by August1991

Actually dozens would have worked on the show. But that means nothing as respects who knew what. Pretty much no one knew the extent of his depravity.

Hardner and I (and many others) managed to guess this nonsense on seeing a video. Anyone with military experience quickly detected this counterfeit.

As I say, this is not about a fake soldier; this is about the moribund incompetence of the Radio-Canada/CBC bureaucracy. The CBC is like the Soviet Union in the early 1980s. It might survive for another few decades or maybe it is attempting reform and will collapse more quickly.

Hardner and I (and many others) managed to guess this nonsense on seeing a video. Anyone with military experience quickly detected this counterfeit.

As I say, this is not about a fake soldier; this is about the moribund incompetence of the Radio-Canada/CBC bureaucracy. The CBC is like the Soviet Union in the early 1980s. It might survive for another few decades or maybe it is attempting reform and will collapse more quickly.

Hopefully it lasts for at least my lifetime so I don't have to end up listening to the likes Levant. His right wing brain dead hyperbole would make me bow up mu TV.