"This is what happens to racists in Canada"

None really. This individual appears to have been treated badly through no fault of his own. But the person who posted the link was making a general comment about racism in Canada. Given that context it was more than appropriate to point out that racism is a two way street and the biggest racists in Canada today are native activists.

That'll get you a punch in the nose in some places.

Let me know when you plan to bleat that crap on some busy street corner.

I want this on video!! :D

I am not surprised. Those people in the video were not anonymous and were prepared to be accountable for their words and actions - unlike anonymous opinion boards. Xenophobes and bigots in our society are dealt with by the vast majority of Canadians just the way these folks in the video. When you are held accountable for your overt racism then you pay the price.

The views on this board are obviously not an indicator of the views of the vast majority of the Canadian public.

Good for the Canadian public!

I would imagine most Canadians are for equal rights for women, freedom of speech and of religion, and against any kind of discrimination based on sexual orientation. So that would mean the views on this board jibe well with the views of a vast majority of the Canadian public.

If we saw a muslim being a bully to a Jew or a black guy or First Nations bullying a white guy or his wife, a woman verbally harassing her husband or a jew bullying a christian or first nations...or whatever, what would the bystanders do? This is a good social experiment, but very incomplete.

My guess is that the public/bystanders intervene based on who the aggressor is rather than the victim.

If this wasn't fake I'd imagine dude with the bloody nose would be able to press charges. Police never want people to ever take matters into their own hands.

It doesn't look fake to me. It was a very disgraceful reaction by the bystander who punched the other guy. Of course the plant was being an intolerant xenophobe asswipe, but that's never an excuse to physically assault somebody, or his buddy who actually tried to start the fighting before his friend started the beating. But at least the Muslim plant didn't get punched!

Edited by Moonlight Graham

It doesn't look fake to me. It was a very disgraceful reaction by the bystander who punched the other guy. Of course the plant was being an intolerant xenophobe asswipe, but that's never an excuse to physically assault somebody, or his buddy who actually tried to start the fighting before his friend started the beating. But at least the Muslim plant didn't get punched!

Actor xenophobe asswipe's act was putting his hands on actor Muslim, to make him go away. Dudes could have called a cop ... but this is Hamilton! Where taxpayer dollars are saved for things dudes can't handle themselves.

"Get the f'k outta here bud,

or you're gonna get f'kd up!!"

That works. :lol:

Edited by jacee

If we saw a muslim being a bully to a Jew or a black guy or First Nations bullying a white guy or his wife, a woman verbally harassing her husband or a jew bullying a christian or first nations...or whatever, what would the bystanders do? This is a good social experiment, but very incomplete.

I would be interested to see the experiment repeated with multiple races and genders, but also in different areas of the country. I also hope the positive result shown didn't require a large amount of cutting and editing, like the the catcalling video from New York that was big this week. It turns out they removed most of the white idiots leaving a video of almost exclusively black and Latino harassers.

That punch in the eye is why bigots and xenophobes rely on anonymous opinion boards to spout their prejudices. In open society, where a person is accountable for his statements and actions, those racist remarks do not have to be moderated - just acted upon!

Some of what I have read on this board would never be printed in a newspaper under the real name of the individual - to protect that individual from the expected outrage and reprisals in word and deed.

• 4 weeks later...

That's just about the most stupid thing I've ever seen. Firstably, why are we made to believe that if you are against unfettered immigration you would find moronic behaviour such as on the video acceptable?

Secondly, why is it a common assumption that immigrants are like big babies totally incapable of standing up for themselves and therefore the "good people" are needed to defend them?

On the whole, when someone is unfairly bullied people usually take the side of that person. Nothing to do with whether you condone immigration or multiculturalism.