Shots Fired On Parliament Hill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it when I see it. One guy who shot a soldier and then got shot on parliament hill doesn't qualify.

What if someone breaks into the 24 Sussex Drive, wanting to kill the Prime Minister and it takes the RCMP over 7 minutes to respond? Should the PM address the nation then?

I think we were on the list since 9/11… we have either been lucky or good but something was bound to happen…

We may have been but is it a coincidence that these attacks (if they really are attacks) took place when we deployed our jets to join the American coalition going into Iraq again? Perhaps the death of these soldiers should be treated as a result of the war, their deaths recognized as such and the families compensated accordingly.

We may have been but is it a coincidence that these attacks (if they really are attacks) took place when we deployed our jets to join the American coalition going into Iraq again? Perhaps the death of these soldiers should be treated as a result of the war, their deaths recognized as such and the families compensated accordingly.

I don't know, they might or they might not be as a result of the mission to Iraq. What I think is that now we have ISIS which is encouraging individuals to action whereas before terrorist groups tries small cell attacks planned and funded now they just see they can do more damage by encouraging individuals with little or no logistic support and see where that gets them. It might be because of Iraq or it might be because ISIS is pushing for every nut to do their part...

The irony is that up to 8 years ago, there was no honour guard at that war memorial. In July 2006, 23-year-old Stephen Fernandes of Montreal was photographed allegedly urinating on the National War Monument during Canada Day celebrations. He was charged and convicted.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/teen-offers-heartfelt-apology-for-urinating-on-national-war-memorial-1.573944

Some, including Canadian veterans of the Royal Canadian Legion, thought the site of the tomb deserved a military or police guard of honour as a symbol of respect and to protect it from vandalism and desecration. An incident on July 1, 2006 brought these demands into sharp focus when Dr. Michael Pilon, a retired Canadian Forces major, photographed three young men urinating on the nearby War Memorial shortly after the annual Canada Day fireworks show over nearby Parliament Hill.

In the summer of 2007, a pair of sentries was mounted by the Ceremonial Guard in full dress uniform, from 9 am to 5 pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Soldier

Ya if this was two years ago, you'd be right on schedule to getting banned from this site.

But the moderators here give a ratts ass now so I think you'll fit in just fine now.

WWWTT

For what?

The man is a Muslim.

He`s not too bright to attack things in downtown Ottawa in daylight.

What was wrong with what I stated?

What amazes me is how so many Canadians are reacting with "How could this happen in Canada? " Seriously ?

Thats a good point... We are currently flying over the middle east dropping bombs on people that did nothing to provoke us at all. Stands to reason its gonna come back to haunt us. And you know... based on the polls Iv seen Canadians actually WANTED our government to go and wiggle our peepee around in that hornets nest.... I guess its true that stupid things happen to stupid people.

The reality is as much as I hate the fearmongering cowards that would trade liberty or privacy for the illusion of security, I guess I have to admit they have a point. If we are going to have interventionalist foreign policy and make it our business to pick sides in civil wars, take on religious extremists, and allow our flag to be seen as part of the happless "AXIS OF OOPSY" that torched Iraq, and is now picking one group of nuts against another that their blundering stupidity created in the first place then yeah! We ARE going to have to lock this country down, and it wouldnt suprise me if muslims here end up getting the same treatment the japanese did..

The idea of pissing off a bunch of radicalized individual muslims is a hell of a lot scarier to me than groups like Alqeada or ISIL. Anyone could go out and derail a train tonight... or blow the side out of an oil pipeline... with almost zero chance of getting caught.

Edited by dre

It is now 10:00 a.m. in Ontario. I thought I might start this thread as a place to discuss the ongoing news.

There is nothing on any media page yet so I will post an OP once it appears.

There has been a shooting on Parliament Hill.

As a neighbor who loves your country, my prayers are with all of you. I am not an evangelical "praying" in that manner but I am sincerely concerned and wishing for goodwill and safety for all of you.

He`s a Muslim, no one said he was very bright.

There are bright Muslims and not so bright ones. This one appears to have been a convert. The problem is that many troubled people, including many in jail, convert to Islam.

We should be working with clerics to identify who may be a threat to the community. If they won't cooperate we need to infiltrate mosques. While most Muslims are not violent, many are, and I have the sense that their leadership is not helping.

If we don't have enough hard evidence to arrest someone who clearly has been radicalized - but enough circumstantial evidence to represent a potential threat - do you think some legislation could be developed to allow judicial application for a tracking bracelet/anklet to be worn so at least we can keep track of these guys and not have to follow them around 7/24?

There are bright Muslims and not so bright ones. This one appears to have been a convert. The problem is that many troubled people, including many in jail, convert to Islam.

We should be working with clerics to identify who may be a threat to the community. If they won't cooperate we need to infiltrate mosques. While most Muslims are not violent, many are, and I have the sense that their leadership is not helping.

yes the jails in Ontario are filled with people who converted to Islam for protection. Plus when you convert in jail many of them have drug debts. The Muslims pay off your drug debts when you convert.

I just read online at the mother of the shooter was the deputy chair of the immigration refugee board of Canada and her office was minutes away from where her son died. I'm so sorry for both mothers but the shooter's mother is going to have a tough time, even though it wasn't her fault he did it.

I just read online at the mother of the shooter was the deputy chair of the immigration refugee board of Canada and her office was minutes away from where her son died. I'm so sorry for both mothers but the shooter's mother is going to have a tough time, even though it wasn't her fault he did it.

I don`t . I`m glad the shooters dead. I`m rejoycing that he`s dead. Today is a happy day. One less Islamic fanatic to kill us anymore! It`s a happy day!

Don`t worry Islam is the religion of peace right? Isn`t that what the left wants us to believe? Yeah sure seems really peaceful...lol

Edited by Scared.In.Canada

I don't like to see anyone die but the shooter gave them no choice but the mother especially since she works there will have a tough time Also. you can't group all of Islam with this guy and I don't let the Left, Right or Center make me believe anything and no one should. In my opinion, when he said he wanted to go oversea and fight the should either let them go and not let him back in or arrested him and place him in a secure place, like the new law after 9/11 allow the government to do. Why didn't they???