Football Penalties

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think beating children is acceptable for those without white skin?

I think everyone is aware that cruel acts occur. However, we are always taking steps to reduce the frequency of fear and cruelty. Society will continue to progress in spite of conservative laggards.

This has nothing to do with Conservatism, at least in regards to fiscal matters.

Liberals on the other hand appear to ignore violence against women and children if it's seem as culturally appropriate. See the lenient sentence for a man who slapped his daughter in the face and ended up killing her. The judge used his culture as a contributing factor.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-man-who-killed-teen-daughter-with-slap-gets-60-days-in-jail/article18774321/

I saw Charles Barkley on the CBS NFL preview show yesterday claim that what AP did was just how things are done in the South. I never said it was right. Boomer Eisasion said AP should never be allowed to play again.

Should the NFL give AP the same treatment they gave Ray Rice? If they're being consistent they should be.

Edited by Boges

This has nothing to do with Conservatism, at least in regards to fiscal matters.

Liberals on the other hand appear to ignore violence against women and children if it's seem as culturally appropriate. See the lenient sentence for a man who slapped his daughter in the face and ended up killing her. The judge used his culture as a contributing factor.

I think we are both aware that we're not discussing fiscal matters. Conservatism involves a high degree of foot dragging when it comes to social progress.

For example: "I hope that dumb bitch who initiated physical violence with NFL player fiance learned a good lesson when he justifiably beat her ass." - Todd Kincannon - Republican.

Your comment "It's what happens. Whether white liberals like it or not." makes it sound like you are part of that laggard, foot dragging camp. Granted, liberal relativists are just as distasteful. Any stance that accepts or shrugs off cruelty for any reason, including culture, should be vilified.

Should the NFL give AP the same treatment they gave Ray Rice? If they're being consistent they should be.

Yes. Despite the fact that I have him in one of my pools. Edited by Mighty AC

Your comment "It's what happens. Whether white liberals like it or not." makes it sound like you are part of that laggard, foot dragging camp. Granted, liberal relativists are just as distasteful. Any stance that accepts or shrugs off cruelty for any reason, including culture, should be vilified.

Not at all. I think that violence as bad as you likely do. But there are numerous examples of people turning a blind eye to violence against women and children if they're a minority group or a part of a marginalized group.

JT refusing to call Honour Killings a barbaric act is another example of this Liberal White Guilt.

I think JT's preference for the phrase 'absolutely unacceptable' instead of 'barbaric' has less to do with white guilt than a desire to get elected.

Does it really make a difference? That's like saying I'd prefer to use the term awesome instead of excellent.

Killing a child because they don't do what you say is most certainly barbaric.

Ray Rice is considering a lawsuit agains the Shield.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ray-rice-lawsuit-nfl-citing-double-jeopardy-article-1.1939743

It's clearly a case of Double Jeopardy.

The NFL would have to prove that Rice said that he did something different than what he admitted to doing in the elevator. There should be ample evidence to what Rice claimed happened from how he was dealt with by the Atlantic City police.

Edited by Boges

Does it really make a difference? That's like saying I'd prefer to use the term awesome instead of excellent.

Killing a child because they don't do what you say is most certainly barbaric.

Exactly. JT's stance on that was not to make it clear that honour killings and genital mutilation are 'absolutely unacceptable' without belittling an entire culture. I have no problem using the term 'barbaric' but then again, I don't have to lead or work with varied and diverse communities. Edited by Mighty AC

Exactly. JT's stance on that was not to make it clear that honour killings and genital mutilation are unacceptable without belittling an entire culture.

Why does JT care what people who feel that practice is acceptable think? Why does he want the vote people who feel that way? He certainly doesn't want the vote of anyone who doesn't like abortion.

Ray Rice is considering a lawsuit agains the Shield.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ray-rice-lawsuit-nfl-citing-double-jeopardy-article-1.1939743

It's clearly a case of Double Jeopardy.

The NFL would have to prove that Rice said that he did something different than what he admitted to doing in the elevator. There should be ample evidence to what Rice claimed happened from how he was dealt with by the Atlantic City police.

I'm sure the NFL would be happy to be forced to allow Rice to play again.

Why does JT care what people who feel that practice is acceptable think? Why does he want the vote people who feel that way? He certainly doesn't want the vote of anyone who doesn't like abortion.

What are you attempting to argue here? JT stated that honour killings and female genital mutilation are 'absolutely unacceptable' without denigrating an entire culture. He will also not allow his party to attack abortion rights. Wow...how extreme! *rolls eyes*

It's not like he's letting his religious views prevent a class of people from achieving equality like our PM.

The truth is, Rice isn't all that great. He had a good year in 2012. But he was downright pedestrian last season.

A lawsuit, any lawsuit is bad for the brand, as you have talked about previously.

I think in this case it let's the NFL off the hook. It will give the appearance of trying to do the right thing but being forced to accept Rice back by the courts. When in fact, they tried to sweep the incident under the rug until a video forced them to protect their brand.

Again a potential case of professional sports being placed into a different category of business by those with an agenda. Anybody surprised that Terry O'Neill, the president of the National Organization for Women, has called for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to resign?

Now Adrian Peterson is in the spotlight. What additional penalty will the NFL have to impose to satiate those barking at the shield?

If a teacher is found driving drunk, should he/she be fired? MADD thinks so but has not been able to convince too many people. What kind of penalty should the school board apply in addition to that of the courts?

How about doctors or lawyers who are convicted of spousal abuse? Or for assault?

Should the guy picking up your garbage be suspended for a month is he had been convicted of assault?

I still maintain that we have a court system whose role is to make decisions of guilt and/or innocence and apply the appropriate penalty. When the media and public get into the sentencing business then allow the vocal special interest groups far too much power to push their own agenda.

Thousands of people don't tune in to watch people pick up garbage.

What an absurd post.

Thousands of people don't tune in to watch people pick up garbage.

What an absurd post.

A few people would not comment until reading a post. The point is that adding a penalty on to what the law assigns should not be dependent on the kind of employment. I will try to make it simpler for the reading challenged in the future although at this point in time it appears to be a group of one.

I am not surprised by your response. Thanks for adding your gems to the issue.

A few people would not comment until reading a post. The point is that adding a penalty on to what the law assigns should not be dependent on the kind of employment. I will try to make it simpler for the reading challenged in the future although at this point in time it appears to be a group of one.

I am not surprised by your response. Thanks for adding your gems to the issue.

Sports leagues suspend people all the time for things above and beyond the law.

Sports leagues suspend people all the time for things above and beyond the law.

I do not disagree but in most cases it is for impugning the process of honest competition. Drug use effects performance which in turn effects the result of a competition. Because some decisions by the businessmen who control sports decide to impose sanctions that the law would not does not mean that it is right. Some people may accept that right. Some do not. I do not because I do not think it is fair.

Trillions? Bajillions?

Who gives a shit?

Easy answer. If the consumers of the product decide it's an issue, than they will vote with their pocket books and televisions. The bigger concern is the light punishments by the criminal justice system. Not their employer.