kidnapped Israeli teens bodies found

Rue

Latest score in Hamas/Israel semi-finals;

I wonder how many people post on a political discussion board without reading the papers or watching the news. Probably none. Maybe you would like to give us the football scores, next? That would be almost as useful.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a ceasefire was in place, what were Goldin and his comrades doing detonating tunnels, tunnels in which Israel says Hamas is hiding? Were Hamas fighters supposed to simply wait to be entombed in their bunkers during the pause in hostilities? Or was Israel the one violating the ceasefire?

Didn't the truce give the Israelis the right to continue to clear tunnels? And couldn't Hamas have left the tunnels? I assume they all have multiple entrances...

Explain the tunnels? The tunnels are used to smuggle everything from fuel, construction materials, weapons, medicine, food, people, and pretty much anything else. Most of them are across the Philidelphia corridor between Gaza and Egypt.

And the ones going into Israel?

Over or under. But since that is the case, I fail to see how Israel is under a constant existential threat.

Really? They're surrounded by tens of millions of Arabs who hate Jews and want them destroyed? Were it not for their walls and barbed wire and border monitoring bombs would be going off in Israeli cities every day.

How many tunnels are there? And Israel is just discovering them? How does Israel miss hundreds of tunnels going into Israel? And if they did know about them, was anything done? Perhaps Israel was using the tunnels as well?

There aren't hundreds, more like dozens. Saw one on the news the other day. It was 50 feet down and ran two miles to pass under the border into Israel.

Hamas enjoys overwhelming support among the Palestinians.

More mindless garbage.... Did you know that theres this thing called the interwebs? THat has information on it so that you dont have to make wild unsubstantiated random guesses about stuff? NEATO!

About 60% said that military operations harm Palestinian national interests.

The proportion of Palestinians who support military operations against Israel dropped from 50% in December 2012 to 31% in this poll.

Moreover, support for firing rockets from the Gaza Strip at Israel has dropped sharply; while 74% indicated their approval in December 2012, the current figure stands at 38%, the poll showed.

In terms of overall support, Hamas’s popularity dropped from 28% in December 2012 to 20% in this poll.

I wonder how many people post on a political discussion board without reading the papers or watching the news. Probably none. Maybe you would like to give us the football scores, next? That would be almost as useful.

It appears that your post is directed to me. I acknowledge that I have seen it. It would be impolite not to do so.

I personally find you an irritant and your recent posts meant to irritate.

Shooo. Go away. Buzz off. Go irritate somebody else.

Sorry, I am not interested in engaging in any dialogue with you or your opinions.

Until/if/when you change your approach I will be responding in this manner.

Have a nice day.

In other related news....Google has pulled a "Bomb Gaza" video game from Google Play:

A mobile game that simulates Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip and invites users to "drop bombs and avoid killing civilians" has been pulled from Google Inc's app store, a company spokesman said on Monday after a public backlash.

Bomb Gaza, developed by PlayFTW and still available as an app on Facebook, simulates the on-going conflict between Israel and the Islamist group Hamas, which dominates the Palestinian territory. Players drop bombs from a fighter jet while dodging missiles from Hamas fighters in black and green masks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/bomb-gaza-game-pulled-from-google-play-store-after-backlash-1.2727677

bomb-gaza-playftw.png

Iron Dome takes care of the majority of these Hamas home made rockets. The wall takes care of the suicide bomber threat, and the Iron Dome takes care of the rocket threat. To say there were hundreds of tunnels should not have gone unnoticed by Israel. Ground penetrating radar would have detected these things. And they should have been looking for the tunnels ad the tunnels are not something that is all of a sudden new to the conflict.

That's just not true. Ground penetrating radar only goes so deep, and doesn't go deep enough to detect most tunnels. Your instance on blaming Israel for tunnels built be Hamas is getting a little ridiculous.

So what? Why do you think that those can't be both true. Which they are.

I would suggest that it would be very difficult to get an accurate read on the level of support enjoyed by Hamas among the population when speaking out against Hamas is likely to get you killed. In terms you can understand: people will say a lot of things when there's a gun pointed at their head.

I would suggest that it would be very difficult to get an accurate read on the level of support enjoyed by Hamas among the population when speaking out against Hamas is likely to get you killed. In terms you can understand: people will say a lot of things when there's a gun pointed at their head.

Not that difficult. Theres very little support for Hamas among Palestinians... Although there will be more after the current Conflict: Dirtfarm episode. You have to not take Argus's claims at face value. He flat out invents stuff.

About 60% said that military operations harm Palestinian national interests.

The proportion of Palestinians who support military operations against Israel dropped from 50% in December 2012 to 31% in this poll.

Moreover, support for firing rockets from the Gaza Strip at Israel has dropped sharply; while 74% indicated their approval in December 2012, the current figure stands at 38%, the poll showed.

In terms of overall support, Hamas’s popularity dropped from 28% in December 2012 to 20% in this poll.

Edited by dre

That's just not true. Ground penetrating radar only goes so deep, and doesn't go deep enough to detect most tunnels. Your instance on blaming Israel for tunnels built be Hamas is getting a little ridiculous.

That asks an interesting question - how are the Israelis finding those tunnels so they can destroy them?

In other related news....Google has pulled a "Bomb Gaza" video game from Google Play:

A mobile game that simulates Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip and invites users to "drop bombs and avoid killing civilians" has been pulled from Google Inc's app store, a company spokesman said on Monday after a public backlash.

Bomb Gaza, developed by PlayFTW and still available as an app on Facebook, simulates the on-going conflict between Israel and the Islamist group Hamas, which dominates the Palestinian territory. Players drop bombs from a fighter jet while dodging missiles from Hamas fighters in black and green masks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/bomb-gaza-game-pulled-from-google-play-store-after-backlash-1.2727677

Why pull that? Sounds like a good game.